Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best F class lounge at LHR when on TG917 ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Best F class lounge at LHR when on TG917 ?

As the UA F class shuts at 6pm is the LH lounge F class better than the UA J longe or the AC lounge.

Basically best lounge to use when on TG 917 in F ?

Last edited by RICK69; Jan 11, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:30 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
IMHO there is no LH F-class lounge - only SEN. Why not visit both AC and UA J-lounges?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As noted, only UA and SQ have F areas in their LHR T2 lounges and these are only open for their flight hours. However, you can only access them if TG has a commercial agreement with those two airlines, and as you note, the UA lounge itself closes early since all its flights have departed by late afternoon. (Not sure if the SQ lounge is open yet.) I would also expect TG flights to depart from the pier used where the UA, AC and SQ lounges are located and not the main terminal gate where the LH lounge is located and from which mainly intra-European flights are gated, so you'd have a long walk.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
As noted, only UA and SQ have F areas in their LHR T2 lounges and these are only open for their flight hours. However, you can only access them if TG has a commercial agreement with those two airlines...
I doubt this is correct!
as *A F passenger you have access to other F lounges with clearly defined exceptions (like HON/F LH lounges in FRA/MUC, HON/F LX in ZRH/GVA, HON/F OS in VIE, TG Spa in BKK). Those in LHR are not among the exceptions so they have to let you in during their opening hours.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
However, you can only access them if TG has a commercial agreement with those two airlines, and as you note, the UA lounge itself closes early since all its flights have departed by late afternoon. (Not sure if the SQ lounge is open yet.)
That's incorrect. Departing international F pax on any *A airline can access any *A F lounge with just a handful of exceptions (LH/LX FCL and FCT, SQ Private Room, TG Spa). Suggest actually reading the rules before posting this nonsense. Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy.

A TG F pax can absolutely use the United F lounge when departing LHR.

There is as yet no SQ lounge at LHR.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Had a brain fade LH would not have a F lounge at LHR as all their flights go via Germany & they do not have F within Europe.

I always used the SQ F class lounge at LHR T3.

As for UA I used the J lounge last time as I only ever use TG 917.
Was not great.Did not use AC lounge as the TG duty manager told me it was worse.
I told him why was there not a F class lounge open for TG 917 he of course could not tell me.

I think it is unacceptable that there is not a F class lounge open for TG 917.
That goes for SQ too who keep saying their F class lounge will open.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I doubt this is correct!
as *A F passenger you have access to other F lounges with clearly defined exceptions (like HON/F LH lounges in FRA/MUC, HON/F LX in ZRH/GVA, HON/F OS in VIE, TG Spa in BKK). Those in LHR are not among the exceptions so they have to let you in during their opening hours.
I never said OP couldn't use the UA First lounge. OP said that it closes at 6p and s/he was looking for an alternative. I pointed out that until the SQ lounge opens, there is no other First lounge in T2.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's incorrect. Departing international F pax on any *A airline can access any *A F lounge with just a handful of exceptions (LH/LX FCL and FCT, SQ Private Room, TG Spa). Suggest actually reading the rules before posting this nonsense. Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy.

A TG F pax can absolutely use the United F lounge when departing LHR.

There is as yet no SQ lounge at LHR.
Please read what the OP posted: UA First lounge (and UC) closes at 6p. This means there is no other F lounge in T2 that can be used. I never said the UA lounge could not be used when it is open. Only that TG has not made arrangements with UA to keep the lounge open for TG's own F passengers. (At PHL, QR uses the BA lounge which normally does not open until mid-afternoon to service BA's own flights. QR operates it in the morning prior to its flight. TG could have arranged similarly for the UA or AC lounge to remain open to service its flight.) There will be an SQ lounge but it has yet to open.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

http://www.businessclass.co.uk/lufth...ow-terminal-2/

Seen this.How does the Lufthansa Senator Lounge compare with the J UA lounge.
I see it is open to 10pm is it worth the walk ?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I never said OP couldn't use the UA First lounge. OP said that it closes at 6p and s/he was looking for an alternative. I pointed out that until the SQ lounge opens, there is no other First lounge in T2.
You should read again what you said! " However, you can only access them if TG has a commercial agreement with those two airlines"
and that is wrong and that's what both Kacee and I pointed out!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
You should read again what you said! " However, you can only access them if TG has a commercial agreement with those two airlines"
and that is wrong and that's what both Kacee and I pointed out!
Yes that is what I was reacting to as well.

If by "commercial agreement" you meant "an agreement to keep the lounge open later for pax departing on TG917" then that's a good clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.