Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Did not load pre-ordered meal-compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter

Hi,
Just had a great time flying with Thai and enjoying everything they had to offer. Thank you to everyone for all of your helpful suggestions.
On the MEL-BKK flight I had preordered a meal and it was confirmed with the green check mark. On the flight, I was told there was no special meal loaded or on the manifest, even though it said Special on my Boarding pass. On the BKK-BNE and BKK-ZRH my special meal was loaded.

Has anyone had any luck in receiving compensation for this, or is there nothing that they will do. I know it is quite minor, but I am very disappointed by this.

Thank you kob kun krab
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
On my last flight on TG, champagne was not cold enough and they ran out of my preferred red wine half way through the flight. Can I get compensation for that?

Just kidding!!!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Are you seriously upset about these things are are you just looking for compensation? Seems like you are really looking for a reason to squeeze some cash or points from every airline you fly.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post24127965

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post24102616
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Finkface
Are you seriously upset about these things are are you just looking for compensation? Seems like you are really looking for a reason to squeeze some cash or points from every airline you fly.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post24127965

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post24102616
Nice find!!! Looks like one of those "maximisers"
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Nice find!!! Looks like one of those "maximisers"
I fly on my own expense, and this was a reward ticket. Like I said, this was a minor experience, but I was wondering where the lack of communication happened.

And before you call me a maximizer, not having a proper TV Is a bigger issue, or lack of food per the UA flight.

I flew 9 flights, with a travel time of 70 hours. I am also writing in to tell each airline of their many pros....
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by PilotTobe
And before you call me a maximizer, not having a proper TV Is a bigger issue, or lack of food per the UA flight.
I guess you got all the food you were supposed to get, i.e. dinner and breakfast. You do not say you did not. You complain about lack of additional food, if I read your post correctly. The fact you expected more is your own problem... Still maximiser in my view...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
I guess you got all the food you were supposed to get, i.e. dinner and breakfast. You do not say you did not. You complain about lack of additional food, if I read your post correctly. The fact you expected more is your own problem... Still maximiser in my view...
These are two different issues on two different airlines...

And we all have different views for Flyertalk...

Last edited by PilotTobe; Jan 8, 2015 at 5:15 pm Reason: choice of words
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
People make mistakes. In this case it was unfortunate but move on. You had food and drink but not exactly as you wanted. These things happen.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
People make mistakes. In this case it was unfortunate but move on. You had food and drink but not exactly as you wanted. These things happen.
^
in total agreement.

I have no idea how TG handles matters like this
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
You probably take your value time to email them and they write back and say sorry.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
I thought pre order meals were only available EX BKK, the OP mentioned MEL-BKK.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
I thought pre order meals were only available EX BKK, the OP mentioned MEL-BKK.
There were about 5 options from MEL but around 20 from BKK
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
I flew 93 flight and spent something like 394 hours flying in planes last year...... and most of the time, I skip meals and just go to bed...... khop kun Karp
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Once when flying in F on NH , the plane departed Tokyo without the Sushi meal I had requested. When I asked if they could turn the plane around to go get it .... They told me NO.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Once when flying in F on NH , the plane departed Tokyo without the Sushi meal I had requested. When I asked if they could turn the plane around to go get it .... They told me NO.
Only Korean Airlines goes back to the gate to load the correct pack of nuts!

To the OP: copy us the answer of TG on your compensation claim!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.