Wiki Posts
Search

TG Fuel Charge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
TG Fuel Charge

I am about to buy TG fare from SIN-BKK-SIN. I notice that the total price is more expensive than the previous time I bought, although the base price is still the same.

Here is the charges now
Adult traveller(s)
Surcharge (YQAP) 124.20 SGD
Insurance Surcharge 13.40 SGD

Passenger Service and Security Charge - SINGAPOR (SGAD) 19.90 SGD
Tax (OPAE) 6.10 SGD
Tax (OOSE) 8.00 SGD
Passenger Service Charge (Domestic) - THAILAND (TSLA) 28.50 SGD
200.10 SGD
x 1 adult(s) = 200.10 SGD
total taxes = 200.10 SGD

In September 2014
Adult traveller(s)
Surcharge (YQAP) 118.60 SGD
Insurance Surcharge 12.80 SGD

Passenger Service and Security Charge - SINGAPOR (SGAD) 19.90 SGD
Tax (OPAE) 6.10 SGD
Tax (OOSE) 8.00 SGD
Passenger Service Charge (Domestic) - THAILAND (TSLA) 28.80 SGD
194.20 SGD
x 1 adult(s) = 194.20 SGD
total taxes = 194.20 SGD

I do not understand why the YQAP and Insurance Surcharge are now more expensive, especially the YQAP which is the fuel charge, as the oil price has gone down by half.

I do understand that the THB may have been strengthen against SGD over these few months, but if you also notice the BKK airport tax which is THB has gone down from SGD 28.80 to 28.50 which means the changes are not due to weaken SGD.

Any idea why? Also if I bought the ticket now and TG announce cutting of fuel charge, will I get any refund?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
(Quote:
I do not understand why the YQAP and Insurance Surcharge are now more expensive, especially the YQAP which is the fuel charge, as the oil price has gone down by half.
Any idea why? Also if I bought the ticket now and TG announce cutting of fuel charge, will I get any refund?[/QUOTE]

You may want to read the following article which could help you to understand that/why TG will not lower the fuel surcharges very quickly....:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...t-to-cut-fares

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Jan 12, 2015 at 7:31 am
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
Also if I bought the ticket now and TG announce cutting of fuel charge, will I get any refund?
There will be no refund unfortunately.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
(Quote
Any idea why? Also if I bought the ticket now and TG announce cutting of fuel charge, will I get any refund?
You may want to read the following article which could help you to understand that/why TG will not lower the fuel surcharges very quickly....:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...t-to-cut-fares[/QUOTE]

I understand that they may not cut it over night. But why there is seems increase in the price? 124.20 from 118.60, while the BKK tax is drop from 28.80 to 28.50

Is the YQAP is variable, I thought it should be fixed in one currency, I suppose THB for TG? No?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: ROP
I understand that they may not cut it over night. But why there is seems increase in the price? 124.20 from 118.60, while the BKK tax is drop from 28.80 to 28.50

Is the YQAP is variable, I thought it should be fixed in one currency, I suppose THB for TG? No?
YQ and Airport Taxes (except for airports in Thailand) are fixed in USD or other currency. Because when purchased ticket in Thailand, these are subjected to exchange rate.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:49 am

Yes, YQ can be variable!
With LH, for example, it's variable depending on the fare.
With TG it's normally not variable (apart form difference between F/C and Economyclass), but it's always subject to US$ de-/appreciation

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Jan 12, 2015 at 7:33 am
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...t-to-cut-fares
[/QUOTE]

It is not just TG but all other airlines are following the same practice (reluctant to lower their YQ)
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:34 am

It is not just TG but all other airlines are following the same practice (reluctant to lower their YQ)[/QUOTE]

Sure, but due to the high hedging price and amount TG is even more handicapped than other airlines are and thus will be much more reluctant to decrease these surcharges

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.