Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pre-order meals in F disappeared?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
pre-order meals in F disappeared?

Was just looking at 4 reservations (8 segments) I have in F to check on my seats etc, and noticed that my preordered meals have disappeared. In every case, I see "No seatmap available" and "Vegetarian Hindu" selected as my meal.

Likely just the ever-changing TG website that's having "issues", but it wouldn't completely shock me if pre-order meals were being discontinued either
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA/AA
No, just their non functional website acting up for you, I suggest you call or email them them if you really want a preordered meal. I had the rack of lamb last night, it was quite good.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:59 am

it was working perfectly well about 30min ago.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can you share what URL you are going through? Just tried through thaiair.com and thaiairwaysusa.com and still having the same problem. Never seen this before, and it's happening for all my reservations!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I checked two different reservations and one allowed me to look at seat and one showed it not available.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: ROP
Try this link.
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Man..._Booking.page?

And then goes to Thai Special Services tab.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by joy16
Try this link.
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Man..._Booking.page?

And then goes to Thai Special Services tab.
I tried this link several times in the past few days and there were always page errors. I finally called and made my requests by phone.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
No, just their non functional website acting up for you, I suggest you call or email them them if you really want a preordered meal. I had the rack of lamb last night, it was quite good.
Now you should recheck your seat requests.
When I made a meal request online, my seat reservation was changed.
When I inquired why , I was told "system error " caused my seat reservation to be deleted and reassigned due to the meal request.
It was a royal PIA to get it reinstated since it was impossible to get anyone on their various phone numbers in Bangkok. Eventually managed it get back by e-mail communications.
But really, what kind of a website/ reservation system is so absurdly incompetent that you loose your seat request due to making a meal request ??
Enjoy your meals.
Chok dii...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
But really, what kind of a website/ reservation system is so absurdly incompetent that you loose your seat request due to making a meal request ??
This whole seat selection = AVML thing has been going on for nearly a year now, possibly longer. I know I brought it to the attention of the local TG office complete with screenshots etc. in March last year - they said they'd pass it on to HQ...who no doubt already knew anyway because many people had received AVML instead of lobster onboard by then!

If you change your seats, you must afterwards redo your pre order meal selection.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
This whole seat selection = AVML thing has been going on for nearly a year now, possibly longer. I know I brought it to the attention of the local TG office complete with screenshots etc. in March last year - they said they'd pass it on to HQ...who no doubt already knew anyway because many people had received AVML instead of lobster onboard by then!

If you change your seats, you must afterwards redo your pre order meal selection.
Interesting! My problem right now is that the preorder meal is no longer showing as an option for any of the flights and the hindu veg meal is locked in. In fact, seat selection is no longer accessible as well, though it does show my seats.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:32 am

I suggest you disregard the Hindu meal notation and forget trying to make any changes through the website.
Just send an email to the customer service dept. and they will get back to you within a day or so, or you can call them to verify your requests.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:58 am

The pre-order isn't an option for me if I go to manage my booking (or the tg equivalent). However, if I search (Google) for Thai first class meal request, there is a link to the page where you login (with pnr and surname, as in manage your booking), and select your meals. However, it's terribly slow, often fails to load, and based on this thread, there may be a bug where it unassigns your seat....So perhaps just email. If it loads, it can be a good way to see your options at least
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I e-mailed for my F trip in December around 48 hours before the flight as there were also problems with the website; I got a list of meals and chose the meal less than 24 hours before the flight.
and it was loaded on the flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.