Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
The beauty of premium cabin airline ticket pricing is finding the connections that yield great fares. If one has flexibility, or the stars align and the exact routing one wants is a great deal, tickets can cost a fraction of what the same segment might cost on a direct, point to point itinerary.
Agree 100%. Flights on THAI in J ex-KUL can be a steal. Provided you don't mind a positioning flight to KUL, and some extra faffing around if you have checked luggage, you can save a lot of money over the ex-BKK fares.

I also note that in Y there are deals. AKL-ICN return runs around NZD1400-1800, but AKL-ICN-HKG return is available at NZD 975. Again, small hassle to to a short stop at HKG and 'stopover' in ICN on the return for the main portion of the journey.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Agree 100%. Flights on THAI in J ex-KUL can be a steal. Provided you don't mind a positioning flight to KUL, and some extra faffing around if you have checked luggage, you can save a lot of money over the ex-BKK fares.

I also note that in Y there are deals. AKL-ICN return runs around NZD1400-1800, but AKL-ICN-HKG return is available at NZD 975. Again, small hassle to to a short stop at HKG and 'stopover' in ICN on the return for the main portion of the journey.
I totally agree. And for semi insane people like myself, sometimes those positioning flights can actually be enjoyable. An excuse to fly more, earn more miles, etc... And because I do not like doing all of that flying in a single day, I prefer to turn those positioning flights into stopover stays. It's a great way to enjoy hotels and restaurants in the stopover city, sometimes for even less than the money saved in fare difference...
Old May 3, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

found a 1 way fare from KUL to Zurich on business for only around 1k USD a few mths back. Sadly it went up to 1.3k which is still pretty reasonable.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
When does Thai release their award seats - as in T-331 or T-335 and at what time?
Trying to snag 2 F awards BKK-NRT
TIA
Old May 8, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Paulchili
When does Thai release their award seats - as in T-331 or T-335 and at what time?
TIA
let me know if you find out!
Old May 9, 2017, 3:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulchili
TIA
TG releases awards 340 days in advance but I'm not sure what time.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by BennyW
TG releases awards 340 days in advance but I'm not sure what time.
Interesting.
FWIW, EF only displays TG awards up to 337 days out. If you go beyond that you get a message saying to choose a date within 337 days out.
KVS, OTOH, shows TG awards up to 340.
So 340 days must be the correct answer - thanks.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Is there a guide somewhere on how to make the most out of TG business class? Will be my first time and wondering if there's some must do items.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Explorer789
Is there a guide somewhere on how to make the most out of TG business class? Will be my first time and wondering if there's some must do items.
what do you mean with "to make the most out of"?
and there is quite a difference between business class on domestic and on a long haul flight. So if you provide us your itinerary, we could help with choice of seat, choice of Lounge etc.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BinSabai
what do you mean with "to make the most out of"?
and there is quite a difference between business class on domestic and on a long haul flight. So if you provide us your itinerary, we could help with choice of seat, choice of Lounge etc.
I already have all the other stuff, like seat and lounges, figured out.

I meant in terms of in-flight service or menu items. Some airlines have stuff you can ask for, liking having them make your bed, that not all passengers know about.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Explorer789
I already have all the other stuff, like seat and lounges, figured out.

I meant in terms of in-flight service or menu items. Some airlines have stuff you can ask for, liking having them make your bed, that not all passengers know about.
yes indeed on the long haul flights in J they do a turn down service (prepare the bed) on demand, something they did in the past only for F passengers.
also for Food service on long haul you can ask for example to sleep first and then receive the dinner
Old May 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

GUP2

Hi all, need to clarify that :

I attain ROP gold from Dec 2016, which will last till Dec 2018, along with a GUP1.

While I'm likely to achieve more than 50k qualifying miles again at Nov 2017, will I get :
- a GUP2 that valids till Nov 2018?
- ROP gold extend till Dec 2020, along with a second GUP1 that will kicks in after Dec 2018?

Million thanks
Old May 13, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by nisnekmil
Hi all, need to clarify that :

I attain ROP gold from Dec 2016, which will last till Dec 2018, along with a GUP1.

While I'm likely to achieve more than 50k qualifying miles again at Nov 2017, will I get :
- a GUP2 that valids till Nov 2018?
- ROP gold extend till Dec 2020, along with a second GUP1 that will kicks in after Dec 2018?

Million thanks
So Dec 2016 - Dec 2018 will be your requalification period
- if you achieve 50k miles from Dec 2016 - Nov 2017, your Gold Status will be Extended until Dec 2020 and get a GUP1 (valid 1 year)
- if you achieve another 50k miles from Dec 2017 - Nov 2018 you will get a GUP2 (valid 6 months), but NOT a prolongation of your Status
then from Dec 2018 - Dec 2020 you have to requalify again...
Old May 13, 2017, 7:43 pm

forgot to add that GUP1 you only get at the end of the qualification period, not at the moment you achieve the threshold
Old May 13, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I have never flown TG. I am looking to book CNX-HKT in Feb (on chase's website because I want to use my UR points). So that being said, my only option for premium E is on a codeshare operated by Air Express.

My question is about leg room. Is there a real difference between E and Premium E in seat space? I am over 6 foot. I cannot find any seat maps for Air Express. Has anyone flown this codeshare and can tell me the differences between E and E+?

I would not mind to book in J as the cost is only like $30 USD more (again on the Chase site), but the flight times just don't work for me. That TG flight (not a codeshare) gets into HKT at 1445 and I need to be there just at 1430 and I cannot take a chance on it being late.

I would also like to know the same thing about E and E+ on a Thai smile codeshares too. If I have to, I can just pay cash and book direct on TG's site which would give me the Thai Smile options (TG#2171).

Thanks!

Last edited by 1readyset2go; May 13, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.