Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
interline with Hong Kong Airlines: yes
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ter...e_partner.page
not clear immigration and proceed to transfer desk of HX with only carry on luggage: certainly (keep a itinerary in print with you to show to the escalator dragon from arrival to departure at BKK, as transfer desks are after security in departure area)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
interline with Hong Kong Airlines: yes
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ter...e_partner.page
not clear immigration and proceed to transfer desk of HX with only carry on luggage: certainly (keep a itinerary in print with you to show to the escalator dragon from arrival to departure at BKK, as transfer desks are after security in departure area)
So if i understand you correctly - i can through check-in my baggage in BLR till HKG even though the tickets on TG & HX will be on different PNR's ?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:43 am

if you have prints of your ticket it should not be a problem
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions to ask about Miles Redemption. I have never redeemed miles with TG before, so I guess I should ask experts here.

1. How long should I book in advance for the redemption ticket?
2. If, say, I book for award ticket in J, can I change the travel date if my plan changes in the future?
3. How many seats per flight is allocated for award redemption from your experience?
4. If I purchase Q/W ticket, will GUP cover the whole route if I plan to fly SYD-BKK-CPH return, provided there are seats available for GUP?

Thank you for your help!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Found the answer to what I was looking for.

Last edited by fandu; Feb 12, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I know that THAI requires the credit card with which the ticket was booked at check-in, however does this apply award tickets (made on other airlines) as well? Would THAI even have a record to check the credit card against in this case?

I'm thinking mainly about the taxes, as the fare itself is booked with miles.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by staff
I know that THAI requires the credit card with which the ticket was booked at check-in, however does this apply award tickets (made on other airlines) as well? Would THAI even have a record to check the credit card against in this case?

I'm thinking mainly about the taxes, as the fare itself is booked with miles.
They only require this if booked direct through their website. Not required if booked through a 3rd party such as a Travel Agent, physical or online or through another airlines frequent flyer points.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by travelislife
They only require this if booked direct through their website. Not required if booked through a 3rd party such as a Travel Agent, physical or online or through another airlines frequent flyer points.
Thanks for that!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: none
BKK to ADL

BKK to Adelaide.
Is TG:401 discontinued?
any direct flts. from BKK to ADL
dbase
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by dbaseworking
BKK to Adelaide.
Is TG:401 discontinued?
any direct flts. from BKK to ADL
dbase
TG401 is BKK SIN evening flight. It has been there for years! they have reduced frequencies to Singapore but I guess this evening flight will stay

I can not recall TG ever flew to Adelaide. At least not the last couple of years
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:28 pm

I'm flying Thai F in June from Sydney (on the 747 - currently scheduled to be the new suite rather than old style pod).

I've read that they don't have over head lockers - can anybody confirm where you can stow personal luggage on these flights? Looking at the suites there doesn't seem to be loads of room for carry on?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by abbaskip
I'm flying Thai F in June from Sydney (on the 747 - currently scheduled to be the new suite rather than old style pod).

I've read that they don't have over head lockers - can anybody confirm where you can stow personal luggage on these flights? Looking at the suites there doesn't seem to be loads of room for carry on?
they have relatively small overhead lockers at the side; so passengers with middle seat have to share with the passengers at the window
photo: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...7511261&nseq=9
there is in addition one large locker in front where the huge carry on's can be stored. Nothing to worry about! Enjoy your flight!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:56 am

Hi! Got a couple of questions you may be able to answer..

1. I'm booked on TG911 LHR-BKK in November. As I'm sure you know this was originally meant to be a 747, and I was able to bag myself 69K in economy (window seat in the aft 2-4-2 section) which I always go for when I get the chance.

However, it's now scheduled to be an A380, so I'm hoping I'll be able to bag 80-82K (or A!) on the upper deck instead, or failing that, 31A or K on the lower.

At the minute though, both the upper deck and the front sections are either completely occupied or blocked out. The rear section I'm currently assigned to is sparse at best, so my question is, is it likely that they'll become available closer to the time, or could they really all be occupied already?

2. I'm an ROP member but it's been a long time since I've used it as I've had no need to. Basically I'm rock bottom in the status game. It's very likely I'm going to be using it a lot again as of November, but for this particular flight, I'm Economy Restricted. Does this mean I'll earn no mileage?

Thanks for any help on offer! ^
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:12 am

First Class 150% of actual miles flown
Business Class 125% of actual miles flown
Premium Economy Class 110% of actual miles flown
Economy Class 100% of actual miles flown

Discounted Economy Class fares in booking class G earns 50% of actual miles flown and on international flights in V / W classes 25% of actual miles are earned. Discounted fares on Star Alliance airlines may also earn reduced mileage, or may not be eligible for mileage accrual.
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/faq/index.page?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I'm flying SYD>BKK in F. I know my lounge in SYD is Air New Zealand Lounge....but would I be allowed to go in SilverKris Lounges (Singapore Airlines)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.