Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
If I have TG J ticket departing BKK and I get op-upped to F, do I have access to the F lounge?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
If I have TG J ticket departing BKK and I get op-upped to F, do I have access to the F lounge?
if op upgrade on a route where they really sell F and have F service then yes
if just put on F seat where the do not sell F and not have F service but fly with a plane with F seats, then no unless you are TG Platinum member
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by BinSabai
if op upgrade on a route where they really sell F and have F service then yes
if just put on F seat where the do not sell F and not have F service but fly with a plane with F seats, then no unless you are TG Platinum member
Thanks for informing!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Is there a US phone number to reach TG from the USA? Even United has been unable to contact TG for me. UA gave me 662 356 1111...no connection...but i really think that the 66 is a country code but UA doesn't realize that!!
Also tried the 800 426 5204 number...appears out of service.
Trying to select seat assignments on TG flights in Feb.
FOUND IT...NEW PROVISION ONLINE: (800) 767-3598

Last edited by AAJetMan; Nov 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Is there a US phone number to reach TG from the USA? Even United has been unable to contact TG for me. UA gave me 662 356 1111...no connection...but i really think that the 66 is a country code but UA doesn't realize that!!
Also tried the 800 426 5204 number...appears out of service.
Trying to select seat assignments on TG flights in Feb.
FOUND IT...NEW PROVISION ONLINE: (800) 767-3598
Yes, +66 is the country code for Thailand.

It sounds like your all set, but for future reference you can call Thai's "contact center" telephone number in Thailand using Skype from anywhere. Of course you can also call any of TG's worldwide telephone numbers on Skype for a low cost.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Yes, +66 is the country code for Thailand.

It sounds like your all set, but for future reference you can call Thai's "contact center" telephone number in Thailand using Skype from anywhere. Of course you can also call any of TG's worldwide telephone numbers on Skype for a low cost.
Thank you. Yep, all set. no idea how to use skype from my iPHone, but the toll free number worked.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Thank you. Yep, all set. no idea how to use skype from my iPHone, but the toll free number worked.
there is a free Skype app in the App Store for iPhones and iPads
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: ua 1k, nw/dl silver
Fare class

How do I figure out the fare class on a thai airways flight? On the web booking page when they let you choose your flight there is a fare basis tab at the bottom right. If it says KRYEYMYE or KRYEYMYECH does that mean it is K class? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: TG Gold
Yes, that's fare class K. First letter counts
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Hi guys,

I have a ticket HKT-BKK on TG, and then BKK-DOH-OTP on QR. Both separate itinerary. I've checked TGs website and QR is their interline partner. Does anyone know if I can be issued a boarding pass in HKT and HAVE my baggage can be tagged all the way to OTP
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Hi guys,

I have a ticket HKT-BKK on TG, and then BKK-DOH-OTP on QR. Both separate itinerary. I've checked TGs website and QR is their interline partner. Does anyone know if I can be issued a boarding pass in HKT and HAVE my baggage can be tagged all the way to OTP
They will not be able to issue your boarding pass for the QR flights.

They might be able to check the luggage through, at discretion of the check in agents.But as it is out of alliance the changes are slim I would say. You need to be lucky with the gate agent for it to happen.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They will not be able to issue your boarding pass for the QR flights.

They might be able to check the luggage through, at discretion of the check in agents.But as it is out of alliance the changes are slim I would say. You need to be lucky with the gate agent for it to happen.
the main question would be whether poster can check in as a international passenger and go through immigration in HKT and in BKK move directly to international departure (after security), where he/she could still get the boarding pass for QR if not yet issued in HKT. Condition of course would be whether bags can be checked through.
If no check through, he/she has to fly as domestic passenger, go in BKK through domestic arrival, pick up bags, go to departure level, check in, go through immigration and security...
I have no experience with TG/QR
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:47 pm

sorry for the silly question, 1st time travelling on TG..

im on a flight on saturday morning (MEL-BKK-KUL) on J class, and want to confirm the hand luggage allowance. i read from the TG website, its only 1 piece with 7 kg.. can i confirm this is the case ?? coz SQ and MH allow 2 pieces of hand luggage :-)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
Originally Posted by annielee
sorry for the silly question, 1st time travelling on TG..

im on a flight on saturday morning (MEL-BKK-KUL) on J class, and want to confirm the hand luggage allowance. i read from the TG website, its only 1 piece with 7 kg.. can i confirm this is the case ?? coz SQ and MH allow 2 pieces of hand luggage :-)
if you are flying J on TG, you can bring in an elephant....

I normally will have two pieces with me, a rollarboard and handcarry...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by kapitan
if you are flying J on TG, you can bring in an elephant....
haha! that's a good one and so true. Sometimes you see even cattle class passengers with elephants or similar hand carry...
nothing to worry about for the OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.