Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There was a quite persistent rumour for a long while the F awards on the BKK NRT flights only released 14 days out. But I have never had need to look into a booking since. So I never tried to verify.
I just booked 2 for December (BKK-NRT), so definitely avail more than 14 days out.

Does anybody know if they still pass out amenity kits on this flight? Leaves at like 8 in the morning and is only 6+hrs, not sure if that qualifies.

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer88
I just booked 2 for December (BKK-NRT), so definitely avail more than 14 days out.

Does anybody know if they still pass out amenity kits on this flight? Leaves at like 8 in the morning and is only 6+hrs, not sure if that qualifies.

Thanks!
yes you will get amenity kit for BKK NRT in F and J
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:33 am

What about PJs?

Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes you will get amenity kit for BKK NRT in F and J
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
What about PJs?
on a night flight yes in F, on a day flight no
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:54 am
kkl

How does TG calculate its award flight distance?

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_IN/roy...ing_Miles.page

e.g PER-BKK-NRT as in distance from airports ? or PER-NRT direct?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by kkl
How does TG calculate its award flight distance?

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_IN/roy...ing_Miles.page

e.g PER-BKK-NRT as in distance from airports ? or PER-NRT direct?
airport to airport to airport; so for this route it will be 2 times destinations from 2001 to 3600 miles
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:44 am
kkl

airport to airport to airport; so for this route it will be 2 times destinations from 2001 to 3600 miles
Isnt it Zone 5? 130k for a return trip for PER-BKK-NRT?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH Senator; AF/KLM Platinum
Question First class on Thai airways a380 from Frankfurt

Hi, I was wondering which airline lounge I can use flying on Thai first class from Frankfurt to Bangkok.
Is the Lufthansa first class lounge (or even terminal) available? Or only the senator lounge? Or maybe the Singapore lounge in Frankfurt?
Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by michael_nl
Hi, I was wondering which airline lounge I can use flying on Thai first class from Frankfurt to Bangkok.
Is the Lufthansa first class lounge (or even terminal) available? Or only the senator lounge? Or maybe the Singapore lounge in Frankfurt?
Thanks.
Senator lounges, and other Star Alliance lounges.

The first class terminal and first class lounges are only for Lufthansa passengers.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:40 pm

The first class terminal and first class lounges are only for Lufthansa passengers.
I confirm that
The LH senator lounge is usually the closest to the departure gate. It is not so bad but of course not on the level of a F lounge. Air Canada lounge is an alternative
Lufthansa, Swiss and SQ reserve their F lounges at their hubs exclusively for their own passengers. TG opens to others as well...(only the spa is exclusively for their own passengers)
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:51 am

Thanks for the info!

Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:54 am

Thank you. It was too good to be true, considering Thai has a much cheaper firstclass fare than Lh.
Maybe i should depart From CDG. I believe there is a dedicated Firstclass Lounge there for Star Alliance flights.

I confirm that
The LH senator lounge is usually the closest to the departure gate. It is not so bad but of course not on the level of a F lounge. Air Canada lounge is an alternative
Lufthansa, Swiss and SQ reserve their F lounges at their hubs exclusively for their own passengers. TG opens to others as well...(only the spa is exclusively for their own passengers)
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by michael_nl
Thank you. It was too good to be true, considering Thai has a much cheaper firstclass fare than Lh.
Maybe i should depart From CDG. I believe there is a dedicated Firstclass Lounge there for Star Alliance flights.
yes there is; a small section within the Star Alliance lounge. Drawback is that it is BEFORE security!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Hi. New to the Thai board and flying BKK-AKL rtn on the 777-200ER in business class. TG491 outbound is an overnight flight and inbound TG492 is a daylight flight.
4 of us travelling but my daughter will move around the cabin on crutches.
She would be better located in the centre section and seats 11EF or 16EF (front and back row of centre pair seats) are open for her and my wife on the outbound (my son and I will sit in nearby AB or JK seats as he likes the window).
A few questions:
- Are the toilets aft of door 2 business class or economy ie are the only business class toilets the ones at the front of the plane behind the cockpit?
- At BKK and AKL is boarding typically through door 1L or 2L?
- Does anyone have a view as to whether 11EF or 16EF would be the better option? All other centre seats are taken outbound but 15EF is available on the return in addition to 11EF and 16EF.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by gcuk; Jul 29, 2016 at 9:49 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by gcuk
Hi. New to the Thai board and flying BKK-AKL rtn on the 777-200ER in business class. TG491 outbound is an overnight flight and inbound TG492 is a daylight flight.
4 of us travelling but my daughter will move around the cabin on crutches.
She would be better located in the centre section and seats 11EF or 16EF (front and back row of centre pair seats) are open for her and my wife on the outbound (my son and I will sit in nearby AB or JK seats as he likes the window).
A few questions:
- Are the toilets aft of door 2 business class or economy ie are the only business class toilets the ones at the front of the plane behind the cockpit?
- At BKK and AKL is boarding typically through door 1L or 2L?
- Does anyone have a view as to whether 11EF or 16EF would be the better option? All other centre seats are taken outbound but 15EF is available on the return in addition to 11EF and 16EF.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
there are 2 toilet in front of business class and 1 in the back; you can of course use all 3 as J passenger
Boarding is usually through BOTH doors
11EF are typical bulkhead seats with limited storage for newspapers, magazines and stuff in the seat in front of you. screen is at the wall, but smaller than others
16EF is the last row, so for the deboarding you are usually the last passenger to get out
as for service some crews serve from front to back and others from back to front
for me personally I would choose 16EF
maybe this photo helps:
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...023702&nseq=27

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.