Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, DL, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood GE, Club Carlson Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Amb
I just created a Royal Orchid Account to see how many award miles it was for a flight I'm taking in Nov but since I have no miles, I cannot see the award space. I plan on transferring thank you points if it's worth it. How can I find out this info. United shows no Business class award space on Thai so I will need another option.

Thanks in Advance.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Blocked F Seats

I asked this on another thread but this is probably a more appropriate place. How does one go about assigning the blocked seats on TG, i.e. those marked with an X on expertflyer? Want to snag 1 A & K on the 747 but TG say they are assigned (but I can see they are merely blocked). Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I asked this on another thread but this is probably a more appropriate place. How does one go about assigning the blocked seats on TG, i.e. those marked with an X on expertflyer? Want to snag 1 A & K on the 747 but TG say they are assigned (but I can see they are merely blocked). Thanks.
My experience has been that you can only request the blocked bulkhead seats at checkin. By the time I check in, they are almost never available. A call to reservations will not help now, although back when TG had a special number for ROP Gold members, the agent there would almost always unblock and assign them to me. That's now just another memory from the good ol' days of TG.

If you are Platinum, the agent at the special Platinum number might be able to do something. I've just about bailed on TG now, so I guess I will never know for sure about Platinum agents, but maybe someone else here knows.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: United 1K, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Alaska, etc.
Originally Posted by tookay
My experience has been that you can only request the blocked bulkhead seats at checkin. By the time I check in, they are almost never available.
That's interesting. I just booked those seats flying BKK to MUC as part of an AKL-AMS itinerary through UA award. The booking actually has an LH confirmation number, even though they're only the last flight of three. I had no problem reserving 1A/1K through the LH site.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:41 am

Gold worthwhile?

I had ROP Gold some years back, and I'm wondering whether I should get it again. The main reason for doing so would probably be the upgrades awarded for Gold and Gold+50K, which I'd want to use for a trip from AKL to Europe via BKK. But I'm wondering what fare classes can be upgraded to Business using these certificates?

Looking at some sample flights now I see four classes, EARLY ESCAPE THAI SAVER PLUS, EARLY ESCAPE THAI SAVER ADVANTAGE, THAI SAVER PLUS, and THAI FLEXI PLUS. Does anyone know which of these can be used? And will I always go to Business, or do some classes/flights only upgrade to Premium Economy?

The other nice feature of Thai is the "birthday" offer of discounted awards, which I understand now applies all year long. But there's no guarantee this will still be offered 2-3 years down the line, which is when I'd likely have enough miles accumulated to really take advantage.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Flying Kiwi
But there's no guarantee this will still be offered 2-3 years down the line, which is when I'd likely have enough miles accumulated to really take advantage.
Oh, and the other problem with ROP is that the miles expire after 3 years, right? That makes it difficult to accumulate enough to be worthwhile, unless you've got a credit card feeding in.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Kiwi
Oh, and the other problem with ROP is that the miles expire after 3 years, right? That makes it difficult to accumulate enough to be worthwhile, unless you've got a credit card feeding in.
qualify as a Platinum member and your miles will not expire anymore!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
qualify as a Platinum member and your miles will not expire anymore!
Not going to happen! I fly a lot, but I never pay for premium.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:24 pm

Can anyone confirm which ac flies from ARN - BKK? All websites say 773, but the seat map after booking shows the new business class layout of the 777-300ER.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by DCMC
Can anyone confirm which ac flies from ARN - BKK? All websites say 773, but the seat map after booking shows the new business class layout of the 777-300ER.
If it says 777-300 on Thais website that is the 77W. If it says 777-200/300 that is the 773 or 772ER
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:33 pm

on my TG website it says 777-300 and it is a 777-300ER with full flat J seats
if it says 777-200/300 it is either a 777-200 or a 777-300 or a 777-200ER all with angled flat seats in J
the 777-300 has 2-3-2 in J, the two 777-200 2-2-2, the normal 777-200 has slightly more economy seats than the 777-200ER
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
On BKK-MUC I was able to preselected them but lost the assignment so I sent an email to the local reservation office to get them back. Same with assignment for blocked 1A/K on mxp-bkk
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:38 pm

Strange thing in booking engine

So i am trying to book this iternary on Thai -

BLR - HKG 1st March
HKG - BKK 4th March
BKK-BLR 8th March

Funnily - when i give BLR-HKG in the first leg in multi city option, it returns no results. But if i break it up in 2 sections - BLR-BKK & then BKK-HKG - it gives me a option. The layover is coming up to be around 7 hours - is this the case why i cant select it as one journey ? And if i book the ticket - can i through check-in my luggage ?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
So i am trying to book this iternary on Thai -

BLR - HKG 1st March
HKG - BKK 4th March
BKK-BLR 8th March

Funnily - when i give BLR-HKG in the first leg in multi city option, it returns no results. But if i break it up in 2 sections - BLR-BKK & then BKK-HKG - it gives me a option. The layover is coming up to be around 7 hours - is this the case why i cant select it as one journey ? And if i book the ticket - can i through check-in my luggage ?
Abyss of TG's booking engine on their website!
Of course you can check your luggage through to HKG or BLR (if flight is within 24 hours from scheduled arrival)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
Abyss of TG's booking engine on their website!
Of course you can check your luggage through to HKG or BLR (if flight is within 24 hours from scheduled arrival)
OK. Does anyone also know if Thai interlines with Hong Kong Airlines ? It maybe cheaper for me to do BLR-BKK-BLR on TG and BKK-HKG-BKK on HX.

I dont want to clear immigration on 1st as i am travelling straight to HKG - so can i through check my luggage to HKG when i check-in on Thai in Bangalore ? If not - then if i just carry cabin luggage - would it be possible to not clear immigration and just head to HX transfer desk once i land in BKK on 1st ?

Edit: I cant price the BLR-BKK-HKG-BKK-BLR trip on Thai. So either i do BLR-BKK-BLR on thai and BKK-HKG-BKK on HX - or go cathay

Last edited by ethanhunt123; Feb 8, 2015 at 3:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.