Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Buying TG ticket at BKK ticket office vs T.Agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

I'd like to buy a simple oneway ticket to SIN but realised that I've maxed out my cc so can't use it for web purchase but have the cash with me.

Would either the BKK Ticket Office or the travel agent charge a service fee? If so, how much would it be?

Thank you..
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: ROP
Never heard that TG BKK ticket office charge the service fee.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Several years ago I'd often buy domestic flights at the TG office in Chiang Mai and they always tacked on a 40 Baht charge.

No idea if this is still in effect.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I'd like to buy a simple oneway ticket to SIN but realised that I've maxed out my cc so can't use it for web purchase but have the cash with me.

Would either the BKK Ticket Office or the travel agent charge a service fee? If so, how much would it be?

Thank you..
Or you could always just make a payment to your cc before buying the ticket.

Assuming you have a Canadian cc (since you have YYZ in your profile) and also have an account with the same financial institution, you can do a transfer to your cc via online banking and the funds would be available for use right away on your cc.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by daniellam
Or you could always just make a payment to your cc before buying the ticket.

Assuming you have a Canadian cc (since you have YYZ in your profile) and also have an account with the same financial institution, you can do a transfer to your cc via online banking and the funds would be available for use right away on your cc.
Thanks but that isn't an option otherwise don't you think I would have sorted it out by now?
BTW, even with online transfers, it takes up to 24-48 hours for payments to go through. That is with the Canadian banking system. But the card I have is not from a Canadian bank.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Dec 28, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.