Wiki Posts
Search

London cut to 1 a day?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
F loss making? maybe due to the hordes of TIPs getting if for free anyway? but certainly not from us regular passengers!
Indeed & then where would the TIP's go ?
We all know who calls the shots in Thailand
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: BRK-B
Now, according to NEW Thai S15 timetable, it will indeed reduced to one a day.

TG910 BKK0110 – 0715LHR 380 D
TG911 LHR1230 – 0545+1BKK 380 D
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: TG Plat
Well, I was both wrong and right in an earlier post, TG have not given up the Heathrow slot but leased it to another airline. Running an A380 on TG910/11 therefore makes sense.
TG have lost business to Emirates where those nearer Manchester can avoid a flight or long trek to Heathrow so they are looking to run a daily flight to Manchester instead.
All likely to help TG but personally I detest the daylight flight TG911 so will have to consider alternatives. What I need but wont be able to get at a reasonable price is EVA to BKK and Thai back to LHR
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by andyptrav
personally I detest the daylight flight TG911 so will have to consider alternatives. What I need but wont be able to get at a reasonable price is EVA to BKK and Thai back to LHR
I also dislike TG910/911 and find the TG916/917 times much more convenient.

Hope to see TG916/917 return soon.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by 11277m

Sadly I don't think it will.
My office is one hour from LHR if I leave at 6-6:30pm but if I want to be certain to get to LHR for 9-9:30am I will need to leave at 6am. TG911 takes a day out of my life and makes time zone adjustment in Thailand much much harder. I will have to look for alternatives. As my destination is Phuket the obvious one will be SQ. Another hour each way but better than losing a day.
TG need to code share or similar deal with the EVA LHR-BKK night flight in order to keep my business.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
TG is in a difficult posiiton. It has a fleet policy which is very Thai - i.e. not rationale to a foreinger.

if TG ditches one of its LHR slot pairs it will never get them back.

It does some very strange things. Every tried to book LHR-BKK 9 months ahead? Only fully flex fares tend to be loaded.

I've never understood why.

Also some of the domestic routes are very Thai. I mean - BKK-KKC; should be Thai Smile...
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Originally Posted by 11277m

BA9/10 also has day flights. Awful.

LHR - BKK is always best over night as is the return. Leaving BKK at 0030 and arriving LHR 0600 on a 12 hour flight really does help reset body clocks.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:15 am

londonbus is correct about TG fleet.
It seems TG believe that a good proportion of TG917 will move to TG911. It may be very much less than they believe.
The best solution might have been to run Boeing 777s on both daily flights. If EVA can make money on BKK-LHR return at similar times to TG916/7 then why can't TG? BKK is their home airport, Thais predominately fly TG. One has the option of both flights being day or night whichever is your preference. All these advantages and basically they have screwed up due to piss poor senior management. The removal of Amranand for political reasons was a disaster for TG and now it and we are paying the price.

I see they have cancelled the Frankfurt night flight as well, now I admit I know very little about these matters but why not fly London - Frankfurt - Bangkok?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Angry

Originally Posted by andyptrav

I see they have cancelled the Frankfurt night flight as well, now I admit I know very little about these matters but why not fly London - Frankfurt - Bangkok?
would love to do it as its "on-route" and others do / did it from Manchester and Birmingham via Munich as long as the night flights existed there.
Bu now we CAN'T!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Since TG likes to "look at SQ", let me ask this question:

How do we think/know how SQ makes it work on FRA-JFK and MUC-MAN?

In order to stay on the topic: Can TG do something similar with LHR?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by kinchai
Since TG likes to "look at SQ", let me ask this question:

How do we think/know how SQ makes it work on FRA-JFK and MUC-MAN?

In order to stay on the topic: Can TG do something similar with LHR?
never ever - as SQ definitely has a different product and fare level
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
who knows whether SQ makes profit with SIN-FRA-JFK?
Sometimes airlines fly certain routes just for reputation and prestige...
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Now, according to NEW Thai S15 timetable, it will indeed reduced to one a day.

TG910 BKK0110 – 0715LHR 380 D
TG911 LHR1230 – 0545+1BKK 380 D
For anyone flying from North America to BKK connecting to TG flight from LHR, above schedule does make a lot of sense on both directions.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:25 am

Thai Air were warned repeatedly earlier in the year by Heathrow, "Use it or lose it" regarding the TG916/7 slot. The London staff also warned senior staff in Bangkok that Heathrow were serious. It seems Heathrow did, of course, mean it and the incompetent arrogant Thai management have been told they have lost the slot. The last TG916/7 is 26 March so they will have just one flight a day for the peak Song Kran period and beyond.

How much is a Heathrow slot worth? I reckon about £10 million and it has been given up for £0. No wonder they are losing money.

It is such a shame that what was a good airline that still has great frontline staff should have such dire senior management.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
Do you mean 26 March 2016 will be the last TG916/7 ?
I thought TG had been using the slot pair again for some time now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.