Rules with Award F? O-Class

Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum

Hi,

Does anyone know if TG are realesing more O-Class closer to departure like LH are. For example, on some flights there are plenty of O-Class, but on some flights there are F8 and no O-Class.

Anyone knows?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader
Hi,

Does anyone know if TG are realesing more O-Class closer to departure like LH are. For example, on some flights there are plenty of O-Class, but on some flights there are F8 and no O-Class.

Anyone knows?
Not sure it has that much to do with date. For a while they were holding back on F on the 380. In general availability is good. IME, you can get F on pretty much any flight on any date if you're willing to wait.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: Velocity Gold

Depends which routes. The hardest are probably the Japanese ones where they sell a lot of F.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Based only on my own experiences, Thai does release award seats in all cabins based on loads and proximity to departure. In other words, just because a seat isn't open now doesn't mean one won't open up in the future. Seats likely will open up if loads are light, but may not if loads are heavy. Best thing to do is check for inventory frequently.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Thanks! I mean, with LH is pretty easy because the open up seats to other A* Carriers 14 days ahead and keep on opening up until departure. Ive found som flights around NYE that has 9F available, why don't the open this up? IF I look on the same flight in the end of Jan there are 7F and 2O available.

My questions is therefore, do they have any rules if or when they open up? Or since it is peak season, will they use this dates as Black - Out dates?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
No black out dates and no rules as such. It is all variable depending on how many seats they think they can sell for cold hard cash. A lot of genuine F class flyers will buy tickets at the last minute, the airline wants to make sure it has seats available to sell to those people. A lot of it I would imagine would be based off historical data as well.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelislife
No black out dates and no rules as such. It is all variable depending on how many seats they think they can sell for cold hard cash. A lot of genuine F class flyers will buy tickets at the last minute, the airline wants to make sure it has seats available to sell to those people. A lot of it I would imagine would be based off historical data as well.
THANKS!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.