Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tg 922 bkk-fra

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Tg 922 bkk-fra

I am flying on this route for the first time next month on a daytime flight in J. I would be very grateful if someone could give me an idea of the typical meal service schedule so I can plan accordingly.
I have a connection on to MAN from FRA on LH which I presume will be quite easy being Star Alliance to Star Alliance but I have heard some negative comments about connecting in FRA and would welcome some reassurance and also please advice about which is the best business lounge to use.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by duan
I am flying on this route for the first time next month on a daytime flight in J. I would be very grateful if someone could give me an idea of the typical meal service schedule so I can plan accordingly.
I have a connection on to MAN from FRA on LH which I presume will be quite easy being Star Alliance to Star Alliance but I have heard some negative comments about connecting in FRA and would welcome some reassurance and also please advice about which is the best business lounge to use.
dayflight to Europe is lunch as major meal after takeoff (starter, main, cheese and dessert) and then a light meal before arrival

no comments to FRA as I try to avoid this airport (at least as point of transit)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:42 am

FRA is a fairly big airport with a not very convenient airport. They kept adding parts to it without improving the transportation options between these parts.
It can involve a lot of walking if you are unlucky and your gates are on opposite ends of the airport. Security also has occasionaly long slow moving lines. Immigration is usually ok.
I personally try to connect in MUC (very pleasant airport) or ZRH instead and avoid FRA.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
I have no idea why people dislike FRA - I find it to be very pleasant to connct, OK it is big but so what...all gates are easy to find!
I dislike MUC as their gates are hidden und it feels very narrow und with lots curves and not so easy to navigate....

ZRH is just small and therefore nice....
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
I have no idea why people dislike FRA - I find it to be very pleasant to connct, OK it is big but so what...all gates are easy to find!
I dislike MUC as their gates are hidden und it feels very narrow und with lots curves and not so easy to navigate....

ZRH is just small and therefore nice....
My main gripe about FRA is:
- No free wifi (at least it didn't work when I was last there in June
- It's not always clean
- I don't like the terminal, though the new gates are quite spotter friendly but the airport just has no soul in my opinion, CDG 1 for instance is not functional but it's a beautiful Terminal.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
You will arrive at "B" gates and your connecting flight to MAN will also be "B" gate. However, you will have a fair distance to walk (about the same as from Royal Silk check in at BKK to the C gate). You can use either the SEN lounge or the Maple leave lounge at the B gates, some likes one over the other...if you have time you can do both...(I personally like the SEN lounge by LH more based on the fact that they serve very nice cocktails and the shower facilities are great)..Furthermore, you have a very very high chance of having to take a bus to a remote gate for your MAN flight which means priority boarding is meaningless (This is a "standard" problem for both FRA and MUC). Enjoy.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kinchai
You will arrive at "B" gates and your connecting flight to MAN will also be "B" gate. However, you will have a fair distance to walk (about the same as from Royal Silk check in at BKK to the C gate). You can use either the SEN lounge or the Maple leave lounge at the B gates, some likes one over the other...if you have time you can do both...(I personally like the SEN lounge by LH more based on the fact that they serve very nice cocktails and the shower facilities are great)..Furthermore, you have a very very high chance of having to take a bus to a remote gate for your MAN flight which means priority boarding is meaningless (This is a "standard" problem for both FRA and MUC). Enjoy.
the opening poster has not indicated that he/she is SEN or *A gold. Isn't that a condition to use SEN lounge, while ordinary J use LH business class lounge? Or are those in FRA the same? At least in ZRH and VIE there are different SEN lounges (for SEN and *A gold) and business class lounges. I have not found many differences in offerings though...
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
the opening poster has not indicated that he/she is SEN or *A gold. Isn't that a condition to use SEN lounge, while ordinary J use LH business class lounge? Or are those in FRA the same? At least in ZRH and VIE there are different SEN lounges (for SEN and *A gold) and business class lounges. I have not found many differences in offerings though...
you are right, indeed the business lounge and the SEN lounge are at different side of the B gates terminal...the food selection is better at the SEN lounge than the business lounge...
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I am trying to avoid FRA whenever I can.
Unfortunately the daylight flight to MUC has gone since this week - MUC is much clearer, easier, no "hidden" gates such as there are in Frankfurt, a very logical and open space airport and easy to connect to other European destinations.
In Frankfurt one has to be extremely attentive to find one's way through the jungle...
re onboard service: second meal will be served approximately 2hrs before arrival but I even liked it much more than first meal service (my latest experience on a flight back to MUC one week ago..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.