Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifeline arranged to keep THAI afloat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:31 am
SKL

THAI should consider an interactive web page for their passengers to voice what they like to change in this airline. THAI should give feedback re: what is possible and what is being done, and implement these suggestions quickly. This is much cheaper and gives better assessment than paying 10.5 million baht to outside consultant.

Passenger expectations rise with what competitors provides and where THAI fails- Better food, lie flat business sets across the fleet, real business class seats in short haul aircraft(A320), more personalized service in Premium cabins, quality utensils and entree dishes (not plastic and tin foil), flight connectivity etc.

THAI must realize they compete for their own survival. Doing the same will doom them. The passengers already go to LCC or other legacy carriers, voting with their wallets as THAI fails to respond to realtime marketplace expectations and dynamics.

Such a shame that this airline has much potential and squander it.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by SKL
THAI should consider an interactive web page for their passengers to voice what they like to change in this airline. THAI should give feedback re: what is possible and what is being done, and implement these suggestions quickly. This is much cheaper and gives better assessment than paying 10.5 million baht to outside consultant.

Passenger expectations rise with what competitors provides and where THAI fails- Better food, lie flat business sets across the fleet, real business class seats in short haul aircraft(A320), more personalized service in Premium cabins, quality utensils and entree dishes (not plastic and tin foil), flight connectivity etc.

THAI must realize they compete for their own survival. Doing the same will doom them. The passengers already go to LCC or other legacy carriers, voting with their wallets as THAI fails to respond to realtime marketplace expectations and dynamics.

Dream on .
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
Originally Posted by SKL

There is their Facebook page..... within that is also a chat function, which I found very useful.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

THAI chief braces for turmoil

Analysis: Losses balloon to B18.1bn as strong staff union, executive perks hinder cost-cutting strategies

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...es-for-turmoil
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:12 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Lifeline arranged to keep THAI afloat

Hopefully not until i fly back to Tokyo next week!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

THAI to stop stashing parts to stem losses

Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) will stop storing aircraft parts as part of the loss-ridden airline's efforts to solve its financial woes. The move comes after the company failed to meet the cost-reduction...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...to-stem-losses
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by transpac
THAI to stop stashing parts to stem losses

Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) will stop storing aircraft parts as part of the loss-ridden airline's efforts to solve its financial woes. The move comes after the company failed to meet the cost-reduction...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...to-stem-losses
Hmm, and watch their reliability drop (costing more baht) as some of their older aircraft require more and more maintenance.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by travelislife
Hmm, and watch their reliability drop (costing more baht) as some of their older aircraft require more and more maintenance.
Indeed, it will be difficult for TG to organize relations with suppliers given their culture.
Another attempt to cut corners rather than addressing the major cost issue of overstaffing. Even reducing flights will not lead to significant cost reductions until they cut staff by some 30%. But that is an almost impossible task inless that take the MH route.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: AC E50K, MM, BA, Delta, PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Gold.
Originally Posted by nanyang
There are assets on the balance sheet as well.
I'm not very familiar with Thai but currently doing some major traveling around Thailand and flying Thai mostly I've noticed the biggest problem is they are flying way more capacity as needed. Like running 777-300 from Bkk-Hkt every hour! I was just in one and this is high season and it literally was over half empty!

Apart from that, I actually find Thai Air very decent in pretty much any other area like service, cost, on-time performance, food and entertainment and quality of hard product are all excellent.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alexbc
Like running 777-300 from Bkk-Hkt every hour! I was just in one and this is high season and it literally was over half empty!
Is it really hourly with a 777 or are you just looking at the schedule and assuming?
I haven't been to HKT since last year but flying BKK-CNX there are about 3 flights a day with wide body TG 777 or 333 and the rest are Smile A320s. I refuse to fly Smile though I may in a few months since it does CNX-HKT and it'll be nice to bypass BKK.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AC E50K, MM, BA, Delta, PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Gold.
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Is it really hourly with a 777 or are you just looking at the schedule and assuming?
I haven't been to HKT since last year but flying BKK-CNX there are about 3 flights a day with wide body TG 777 or 333 and the rest are Smile A320s. I refuse to fly Smile though I may in a few months since it does CNX-HKT and it'll be nice to bypass BKK.
Don't know about fly Smile. Thai Air is all 777 going to Phuket. They have 10 flights tomorrow alone, not including Smile.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by alexbc
I'm not very familiar with Thai but currently doing some major traveling around Thailand and flying Thai mostly I've noticed the biggest problem is they are flying way more capacity as needed. Like running 777-300 from Bkk-Hkt every hour! I was just in one and this is high season and it literally was over half empty!

Apart from that, I actually find Thai Air very decent in pretty much any other area like service, cost, on-time performance, food and entertainment and quality of hard product are all excellent.
the morning flight from BKK to Phuket tend to be quite full with passengers connecting from Asia and Europe while only in the evening the flights from Phuket back to BKK are always full with the same connecting passengers.
The flights in the other direction tend to be empty but they need the aircraft back in BKK or down in Phuket in the evenings....simply a matter of making the requested capacity available there where its needed.....
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
quite interesting new year's greetings by TG's president:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busi...-30275815.html
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
quite interesting new year's greetings by TG's president:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busi...-30275815.html
It is interesting. I would love to actually read something hard on how and what they are going to do to meet some of these lofty targets picked out of thin air.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by travelislife
It is interesting. I would love to actually read something hard on how and what they are going to do to meet some of these lofty targets picked out of thin air.
you did not read carefully! they found out that they will have to increase sales to return to profit, it is so easy! probably the foreign advisor, who earns over 60k USD per month told them so; and TG was so grateful for this enlightening insight that they prolonged the contract of the foreigner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.