Wiki Posts
Search

First Class ex-BKK Long Haul - Spring 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
First Class ex-BKK Long Haul - Spring 2015

So given the changes for Nov-March with Sydney my much anticipated 747 F BKK-SYD flight is in the trash.
I figured that there would be traffic going to Australia in "Winter" aka their summer so why reduce capacity to a 777?
I'll probably just end up flying BKK-BNE J as it'll be the same as SYD and I was planning on visiting both and then flying to MEL-LAX.

Anyways I still want to fly F ex-BKK in the Spring on another trip but I am just trying to piece it together as I will probably do like I did earlier this year where I flew USA-Asia-Europe-USA.

I'd like to have it for longer than the 6.5 hour flights to Tokyo...so I would assume that still puts me on an iten that will leave Bangkok for Europe. Paris & the (now one) Frankfurt A380s I know will have F. Are there other "secure" F routes...LHR I would assume, is there anything else?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Zurich, on A340-600 since years
Milan and Rome, 747 but not daily
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
So given the changes for Nov-March with Sydney my much anticipated 747 F BKK-SYD flight is in the trash.
I figured that there would be traffic going to Australia in "Winter" aka their summer so why reduce capacity to a 777?
We have huge overcapacity here...and I'm sure the 777 will probably still go out half empty many days...summer or not! If you look at the other Asian majors, pretty much only SQ is offering an F cabin to SYD...even CX doesn't to HKG and that would be much better yielding than BKK you'd have to imagine. Other carriers are cutting capacity too...in MEL were losing our SQ A380 service and I think it's being reduced to SYD too.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
in recent new articles Thai clearly pointed out that Australia is a very critical market (not only) for them. Thus, from a commercial point of view, one should not expect them to return with a F-product so soon.
They will offer such product probably only on some of their European (A380 and B747) routes and on A380s to Japan....
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Ah I didn't realize it was all around the board with other carriers and STRAYA. I figure since there were only so many in/out points for those wanting to go in or abroad that it would be pretty steady.

Anyways, looks like I'll figure out something to do BKK-Europe in the spring.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Shame that 747s and First are scrapped ex SYD for time being.

They have quite a few 747s and A380 ... so they run FRA, ZUR, LHR for sure .. where else?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by ozstamps
shame that 747s and first are scrapped ex syd for time being.

They have quite a few 747s and a380 ... So they run fra, zur, lhr for sure .. Where else?
fco, mxp, muc
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by exmike
fco, mxp, muc
cdg, nrt, kix
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Zurich was/is always A340-600, not 747 or A380
Milan will change from 747 to A340-600 for winter schedule

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.