Wiki Posts
Search

New Amenity Kit in F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by BinSabai

...Thai's CS is much better than UA's and light years more friendly!
Not really, they are both neck and neck !

The numerous times I got TG'ed, each and every time when I call TG about it (e.g. 3 class swtich to 2 class that caused me to downgrade from F to C, cancelled flight and put me on a flight that left me 15 min to connect in BKK, etc.) All I got the reply was "It was not my problem, nothing I can do about it" Every single time UA was the one to sort out TG's mess for me !

Also for the phone line, when I called it could say 2 people waiting in line, with the estimated time 10 min, multiple times the 10 min turn to an hour ! So I don't get how TG's CS is much better and light years more friendly than UA !
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
My TG CS just told me that Rimowa kits will be uplifted around mid September!

...Thai's CS is much better than UA's and light years more friendly!
great news for my 9/22 flight.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
New Amenity Kit in F

Have 11/09 and 21/09, so hopefully works out for my wife and I. Not that amenity kits are the end of the world or would ruin a trip by any means, but the little things do make a difference in overall experience.

-Dan
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:46 am

New Amenity Kit in F

Flew from KIX today. Purple Porsche Design.
Was told it was a stock issue.
Lobster was terrible, too.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
I guess there is no hope for me for my 8/13 FRA-BKK or my 8/25 BKK-FRA flights!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Just flew on TG FRA to BKK in F, got a Porsche Design case. I was so disappointed. Was on Business from BKK to DPS, also received the same Porsche Design case in purple.

The whole TG F experience was very poor, especially I took TG immediately after the excellent LH F service.
Agree about LH F service. My routing to get to BKK was IAD-MUC on LH, then MUC-BKK on Thai. The LH F service was impeccable, and the FAs spoke German exclusively to me on my request to help me practice. I had to revert to English for a few things, but had a fabulous time with them coaching me. I got the strange Escada amenity bag, which is nice but not really a kit.

The MUC F lounge staff and food/beverage offerings were exceptional as well.

I hope that the Thai F lounge in BKK is still nice for my departure. Some have been saying it is going downhill.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I hope that the Thai F lounge in BKK is still nice for my departure. Some have been saying it is going downhill.
you mean downhill the escalator? no it is still at the old location!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Agree about LH F service. My routing to get to BKK was IAD-MUC on LH, then MUC-BKK on Thai. The LH F service was impeccable, and the FAs spoke German exclusively to me on my request to help me practice. I had to revert to English for a few things, but had a fabulous time with them coaching me. I got the strange Escada amenity bag, which is nice but not really a kit.

The MUC F lounge staff and food/beverage offerings were exceptional as well.

I still find the BKK Thai F lounge food offering for lunch/dinner is way more to my liking than what LH gives me in their F lounges. But that's because I go for the menu.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Has anybody ever gotten an amenity kit they really liked. I never have.

Instead of handing out junk (including Rimowa) every trip that just sits in your closet, why don't they instead give you something really nice every 10th flight or every 20th flight that you might actually want to use.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by 5khours
Has anybody ever gotten an amenity kit they really liked. I never have.

Instead of handing out junk (including Rimowa) every trip that just sits in your closet, why don't they instead give you something really nice every 10th flight or every 20th flight that you might actually want to use.
I love and use the Rimowa cases. They are high quality but the contents are often uninspiring. The best kit for contents was SQ in my recent experience.

On my wife's last trip on OZ F, she got money (ten crisp new $1- bills to be used for tips) in addition to a decent kit.

Amenity kits are meant to be used/useful to you on your flights, they are not meant to be some nice gift. I think that COS bonuses are your nice gift for flying in premium cabins.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I still find the BKK Thai F lounge food offering for lunch/dinner is way more to my liking than what LH gives me in their F lounges. But that's because I go for the menu.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try the menu. Although the unexpectedly superb steak that I got at a LH lounge recently is going to be hard to beat.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat

Amenity kits are meant to be used/useful to you on your flights, they are not meant to be some nice gift. I think that COS bonuses are your nice gift for flying in premium cabins.
It is funny you mention this. On my flight BKK-DPS, we received the amenity kit when the flight started to decent :-).

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the menu. Although the unexpectedly superb steak that I got at a LH lounge recently is going to be hard to beat.
I had a brief experience at the BKK FCL. It was nice they had staff waited for me at the gate and took me to the lounge. However, the staff lost me and I could not go upstairs without a boarding pass. Finally the staff came back to collect me and explained she had other guests so she took them to the lounge first.

The front desk had several staff when I arrived, they looked overwhelmed but there weren't that many guests at the lounge in the early morning (arrived around 6:00AM). I received not so good and pretty short neck-and-shoulder massage at the spa. Breakfast was fine, it was ordered from the menu though no seating at the dining room (for breakfast).

Will give another try on my return trip. So far, it is no comparison to MUC or FRA LH FCL/FCT.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Received the new downgraded kit on FRA-BKK. I see why people choose to leave them behind. Rather disappointing not to get another color Rimowa box for the collection. Oh well, TIT. I was also told they were out of stock.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by 5khours
Has anybody ever gotten an amenity kit they really liked. I never have. (including Rimowa)
I keep the Rimowa and have a couple of old Tumi amenity kits to stow small electronics items. The rest (which I never even bother opening) I let accumulate, and then donate to homeless shelters.

SunLover

Last edited by SunLover; Aug 10, 2014 at 3:39 pm Reason: Spellin'
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1P; HH Diamond; MR Gold
I was quite disappointed to find purple porsche design kits on TG 931 on 2 August. The caviar was excellent, but they ran out of Dom. The purser said they stocked 10 bottles.

Is it worth it to write and ask about Rimowa kits? Seems a bit silly to me but might be worth a shot?

The UA global first kits put those TG porsche ones to shame.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by adrocky
I was quite disappointed to find purple porsche design kits on TG 931 on 2 August. The caviar was excellent, but they ran out of Dom. The purser said they stocked 10 bottles.
There must have been some serious Champagne lovers on board!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.