Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Amenity Kit in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
got rimowa NRT-BKK F last week

Doing another NRT-BKK F followed by BKK-CDG F in the coming weeks, will report back on kit
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Got the Porsche kit on BKK to FRA last Friday. When we deplaned, I would guess there were 5 or 6 left behind in the F cabin. I guess people aren't into them.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by anaidross
There are some who paid USD100 for those Rimowa kits.
Reminds me I have several i need to put on ebay
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Is anyone able to confirm whether this is a real change or just a fluke? I'd be totally bummed if the Rimova kits have been discontinued, as my upcoming flight in TG F from FRA to BKK is the first since 2012, when I got the Tumi, and I was really looking forward to getting a few of these Rimova kits!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Is anyone able to confirm whether this is a real change or just a fluke? I'd be totally bummed if the Rimova kits have been discontinued, as my upcoming flight in TG F from FRA to BKK is the first since 2012, when I got the Tumi, and I was really looking forward to getting a few of these Rimova kits!
perhaps its part of the General's "restructuring" of TG. That and moving smile to DMK
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
TG925 MUC-BKK last week -- Crappy Porsche J-kit, and everybody that I saw in the full F cabin left them.
Complained to the chief purser and she said that the Rimowa kits were, "too expensive", and that this was a permanent change.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
TG925 MUC-BKK last week -- Crappy Porsche J-kit, and everybody that I saw in the full F cabin left them.
Complained to the chief purser and she said that the Rimowa kits were, "too expensive", and that this was a permanent change.
Say it ain't so!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Dom, Caviar and Pyjamas are also "too expensive".
What about Thai Premium Service in F with Mekong, Som Tum and fake T Shirts?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I find THAI's ticket price to be also too expensive.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 am

I doubt TG was paying anything at all for the Rimowas. It was PR/marketing for an upscale product the Rimowa brand and TG got them for free.

Now the managers in charge at Rimowa realised that TG's F product is anything but "upscale" anymore, they do not want their name associated with a substandard premium product.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I don't drink, so out of curiosity, how much would a single glass serving of Dom be at a typical restaurant?

Same question regarding the caviar. I cannot recall if the FA gave me the whole container's worth or if she split it between myself and another fellow passenger. How much did I eat?

Originally Posted by BinSabai
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:24 am

i thought the Generals wanted to re-establish TG as a super premium airlines. Doing things the way smisek at united does things isnt gonna get you there....
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I don't drink, so out of curiosity, how much would a single glass serving of Dom be at a typical restaurant?

Depending where you are. In a restaurant booze is not tax-free!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
As most Flyertalkers might hopefully confirm due to personal experience, not many bars/restaurants would consider selling DOM by the glass . As easy as it is consuming great Champagne on bord of Thai Air the real world offers nothing but obstacles by pricing a glass around 30 USD for an " average "Champagne " . Bangkok based readers might have come across about 45 US at various outlets for a plain Taittinger . DOM would generally not be sold by the glass because the product usually suffers from an opened bottle over time and the DOM is simply too precious . Thai Air have made a bad job by wasting a product like Dom Perignon Vintage to people who do not understand what they drink . Looking at the pleasures of drinking real quality material you might reconsider your non drinking policy. Up to you .

Hope that helps .
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Fan2502
I doubt TG was paying anything at all for the Rimowas. It was PR/marketing for an upscale product the Rimowa brand and TG got them for free.

Now the managers in charge at Rimowa realised that TG's F product is anything but "upscale" anymore, they do not want their name associated with a substandard premium product.
What you say makes sense. But, is Thai FC really degrading in quality that much?

My flights on the A380 back in March, were very nice, and the Rimowa kits were still stocked. My recent flight from MUC was so late that I just slept and didn't try their service, so I really don't know if they were pouring DOM and offering quality cuisine and good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.