Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Name appearance on *A (United) award booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE

I have a trip booked from SYD-HKG via BKK on TG in F for next March. I noticed that on my Thai reservation, when viewed through MMB on their website, our names appear with the titles as part of the last name. For example:

Mr. John Doe appears as Johnmr Doe

My wife has her middle initial listed as well, so her name lists as, for example:

Mrs. Jane H Doe appears as Janehmrs Doe

Is this normal for Thai? Will this create any issues when we board and pass through customs/immigration in SYD or HKG? (we are US citizens traveling on US passports)
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
This is no problem at all.

This common when the reservation is made using the reservation of one airline (eg. UA) and transferred to another reservation system (TG).

Most airline reservation systems omit the spaces in the "names field" anyway.

For immigration/customs purposes, the APIS (Advanced Passenger Information), passport and name information is stored in a separate data field in the PNR that is different from the "names field". The APIS data field is more standardized across airlines as the data is grabbed directly from the machine readable line of your passport (bottom section of the picture page) when the check-in agent swipes your passport.

Last edited by daniellam; Jul 27, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by daniellam
This is no problem at all.

This common when the reservation is made using the reservation of one airline (eg. UA) and transferred to another reservation system (TG).

Most airline reservation systems omit the spaces in the "names field" anyway.

For immigration/customs purposes, the APIS (Advanced Passenger Information), passport and name information is stored in a separate data field in the PNR that is different from the "names field". The APIS data field is more standardized across airlines as the data is grabbed directly from the machine readable line of your passport (bottom section of the picture page) when the check-in agent swipes your passport.

Appreciate the reply! I thought it would be ok as I had entered them correctly on United.com when making the booking, but the rest of our trip (this is part of a RTW) is on OneWorld carriers, and they didn't appear like that at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.