Urgent: KIX check-in time for TG623

Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Question Urgent: KIX check-in time for TG623

Hi guys,
A quick question I would need answered quickly! I am booked on TG623 from KIX in 2 days, but am staying in Hiroshima till then. The earliest train I can take gets into KIX at 10:04. TG623 departs at 11:45. I'm flying F and am *G, questions:
-Is that enough time to go from train station basement and check-in?
-What's the check-in cutoff at foreign stations for TG, 60min?
-Does KIX have priority security and immigration?
-Will a TG agent accompany me to the gate?

Thanks in advance guys, Cheers!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:51 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
1:40 is enough time to walk from the train station to check in before the counter closes. It does not leave too much time for error though. I would consider taking an earlier train, there are plenty of trains from Hiroshima connecting at Shin-Osaka onwards to KIX.

Last edited by THD; Jul 27, 2014 at 3:00 am
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
The earliest train I can take gets into KIX at 10:04.
Is that because you're using a rail pass and can't take the Nozomi?

Anyway, as long as you don't miss that train, I don't think you'll have any problem at all.

(According to Thai's page in Japanese, the check-in cutoff is 45 minutes.)
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Yep, rail pass, don't really want to take a hit for 100$ if I can help it. Does TG have the option for a mobile boarding pass (passbook)? I could technically do it with just hand luggage if it came to that.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:20 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
You should be fine. If you are taking the Hikari train to Shin-Osaka then you have a comfortable 38 min connection to the Haruka train to KIX. In the rare event that the first train is delayed and you miss the connection, the next train is half an hour later which still arrives 1:10 before departure, stilll before the checkin cut off.

you would need a pretty serious about event, such a very rare fatality on the line, to delay youenough to miss the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.