Search

Hong Kong lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Hong Kong lounge

The HK airport website does not list the TG lounge anymore but assigns TG pax to the UA lounge.
Has the TG lounge closed?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Come on, this can´t be for real.

Both TG and *A do list the lounge as of now.

F.R.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Royal Orchid Lounge still listed on Hongkong Airport Website:
https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...e-lounges.html
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:03 am

The TG lounge was still there a week ago. That said, if you have a *A card, I would go with the UA lounge over TG – more comfortable and far better food and drink than the TG lounge, IMO.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tookay
The TG lounge was still there a week ago. That said, if you have a *A card, I would go with the UA lounge over TG – more comfortable and far better food and drink than the TG lounge, IMO.
Even as a First class pax?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by SASDC8
Even as a First class pax?
UA has a 'real' F lounge with 2 showers. Not much difference in food offerings on the F side. Showers are shared with business at the TG lounge and not very nice (in the toilet).
If you have access to the business class side only I would go to the TG lounge, with F to the UA lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Royal Orchid Lounge still listed on Hongkong Airport Website:
https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...e-lounges.html
Apologies, my mistake.

I was looking for confirmation that the AF ST lounge had closed (it has) and misread that the TG lounge had also closed. SQ lounge is also closed, but temporarily for renovation. Sorry

Last edited by brunos; Jul 17, 2014 at 6:47 am
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:17 am

The UA lounge is the best (!) from all *A lounges in HKG. 2 nice showers (TG apparently has a single shower, SQ has none), best food from all three of them, best beer choice (can't comment much on hard liquor) and also imho the best design. Kind of shocking, but an US-American airline lounge is better than both SQ and TG

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jul 17, 2014 at 7:07 am Reason: HKG, not SIN of course
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The UA lounge is the best (!) from all *A lounges in SIN. 2 nice showers (TG apparently has a single shower, SQ has none), best food from all three of them, best beer choice (can't comment much on hard liquor) and also imho the best design. Kind of shocking, but an US-American airline lounge is better than both SQ and TG
are you talking about HKG as you mention SIN?
in SIN UA has no own lounge, TG lounge has no showers, not even a toilet inside the lounge
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
are you talking about HKG as you mention SIN?
in SIN UA has no own lounge, TG lounge has no showers, not even a toilet inside the lounge
Sorry, of course I meant HKG. Don't know why I wrote SIN (it's my asia hub, so I tend to write about it )
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:46 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The UA lounge is the best (!) from all *A lounges in HKG. 2 nice showers (TG apparently has a single shower, SQ has none), best food from all three of them
plus sushi in UA Lounge. But otherwise I think UA and TG have the same caterer as food is almost identical.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
plus sushi in UA Lounge. But otherwise I think UA and TG have the same caterer as food is almost identical.
Last time there was a server I saw before in the TG lounge and she told me that it is the same catering / subcontractor for both lounges.
Very surprising that a UA lounge actually is a better choice.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
I usually head down to the SQ lounge & did so week before last. It's closed for renovation.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I keep reading here about good food in the UA HKG lounge. This must be a different lounge than the one I've been to. Or perhaps an alternate universe. Because I've never seen anything worth eating in the HKG United Club. It's certainly nothing like the Wing.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I keep reading here about good food in the UA HKG lounge. This must be a different lounge than the one I've been to. Or perhaps an alternate universe. Because I've never seen anything worth eating in the HKG United Club. It's certainly nothing like the Wing.
Well, if you compare it with a trully great lounge, then yes, it will come up as mediocre. But if you compare it with a "normal" *G lounge, then the UC is actually pretty decent, and CLEARLY offers the best variety food wise from all *G lounges in HKG (SQ, TG, UA)

It has a Sushi bar and Chinese snacks corner, it has some hot dishes, some snacks, it had a Taco bar, and generally MUCH more wide choices than TG or SQ (TG's offering being ok, SQs really substandard, only 1 hot dish)

So, yeah, I would rate UA's food offering in HKG as definitely pretty good. Above LH's Senator lounges, clearly above LX's lounge in ZRH, clearly above SQ's *G lounges in SIN, better than TG's offering in BKK, at about the same level as CA's lounge in PEK..

United Clubs might be a dump in their home country, but the one in HKG is pretty good. Not awesome great, but good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.