Wiki Posts
Search

BKK-HKT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles, Starwood
BKK-HKT

Flying short route from Bangkok to Phuket in Thai Business, any perks, best lounge, free massage? Will be stuck in lounge for extended time so want to make best of it! Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
only one lounge: TG domestic, limited offering, no alcoholic beverage (also not on the plane). no massage (only when flying international)
TG flies with different plane types to Phuket, offering totally different business class seats; so if you mind for the 50 minutes flight you better check it
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:50 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
The TG domestic lounge is very simple - not good for an extended stay really Expect domestic U.S.A. lounge style i.e. basic!

The time actually on the plane is more like 80-90 minutes by the time taxiing etc has elapsed. In flight time is circa one hour. Service is brisk but good & small meals, snacks & soft drinks, tea/coffee, papers etc. are provided. Its a good package for a small premium taking account of priority bags, boarding, F&B, miles etc etc. Enjoy.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's like flying from SFO to LAX.

You do not have access to the international lounges, just TG domestic. Reduce your expectations significantly.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
BKK-HKT

If you happen to be an ROP Gold or Plat, and flying on a 747, then you can pursue an 'upgrade' to F seat if you ask nicely. Rode once on the new 9 seat suite and loved it!
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
If you happen to be an ROP Gold or Plat, and flying on a 747, then you can pursue an 'upgrade' to F seat if you ask nicely. Rode once on the new 9 seat suite and loved it!
as Platinum you get the F seat automatically; no need to ask
But looks like they use less large aircrafts with F seats to Phuket and Chiang Mai during low season
But I am on a new 787 to Chiang Mai next week...
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
You can get that solely by being *A Gold (assuming you are in C to begin with).
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You can get that solely by being *A Gold (assuming you are in C to begin with).
you can get it with no status if you ask nicely too...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:37 pm

Would I better on the A333 or 773 (non longhaul) in biz class on this route ? Where do the flights arrive at BKK ? I am traveling SIN-HKT and will obviously clear immigration at HKT and I assume there are no immigration formalities traveling from HKT-BKK as is domestic.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:28 pm

A333 and 773 have very similar angle flat seats; A333 has 2-2-2 while 773 has 2-3-2
details here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-overview.html
flights arrive at Suvarnaphumi airport! yes no immigration formalities for HKT-BKK; just passport check and security
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Would I better on the A333 or 773 (non longhaul) in biz class on this route ? Where do the flights arrive at BKK ? I am traveling SIN-HKT and will obviously clear immigration at HKT and I assume there are no immigration formalities traveling from HKT-BKK as is domestic.
Are you flying SIN-HKT direct? Does TG run this route?

Last edited by dsquared37; Sep 24, 2014 at 12:28 am
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
There is no point obsessing about the aircraft TG flies HKT-BKK, as whatever they are saying online is suggestive only. This route is completely unpredictable in terms of what actually shows up at the gate.

And it's less than a one hour flight. So ultimately doesn't really matter.

Are you terminating at BKK or transferring onward international? If you're transferring onward at BKK, you will clear outbound immigration at HKT.

No TG nonstops. Just LCC's on that route.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee

No TG nonstops. Just LCC's on that route.
Not sure I'd call MI an LCC.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:37 am

SIN HKT on TG is unfortunately long gone! there were around 5 weekly flights with arrival mid day.
So I could combine my business trips to Singapore with a long weekend in Phuket without paying more for the airfare
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:53 am

SIN-HKT is on MI (Silkair 737-800)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.