Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BF263533
Are all the "very old" first class cabins gone with 12 seats? So now is it the old 10 seats and the new 9 seat cabins, with the very old 12 seats gone??
yes the very old with angle flat seats are gone (2 years or so); as far as I can remember they even had 14 seats; 3 rows of 2 seats each on both sides and 2 in the middle
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:26 am

After changing from the TG471 to TG475 to get First then for Thai to announce no first, and now back to the TG471 on 17th March in First. The only change is to seat 2A. Happy I've got first back. Fingers crossed no more changes.........please Thai!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:36 am

I guess that's what we can expect from the new 'super premium carrier' direction THAI are taking with their new board.

At this rate. I would be happy to have any plane waiting at my gate....

Im still hoping Thai gives me an christmas present of a 77w flying out of Mel on the 25th though...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:58 am

Considering TG switches from the 10-seat 747 and 9-seat 747 pretty often, shouldn't we expect the same for the SYD-BKK route? You would think that between the two 747 they plan to use, there is still probably a 1/4ish chance of getting a F-suite, right?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
So now after I cancelled my first class reservation (and other flights with SQ through UA award) and bought business class tickets with Qantas, TG decided to reinstate their first class. I think I will not fly with TG again.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jglenn16

Considering TG switches from the 10-seat 747 and 9-seat 747 pretty often, shouldn't we expect the same for the SYD-BKK route?

You would think that between the two 747 they plan to use, there is still probably a 1/4ish chance of getting a F-suite, right?
Does that swapping over occur a lot?

We got all our row 2 back gain today .. no idea what they'll do with seats if they swap in new config.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:50 pm

E-mail from Thai said:

Thank you for contacting us. Our space control in Thailand is currently working to reinstate F/C to passengers who were downgrade. Our schedule was changed at beginning of September to where all Sydney flights after Nov 1 would no longer offer First Class service. However, over this past weekend, the flights were changed back to 747 equipment with F/C seats.

Regards

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL P.C.L
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by BF263533
E-mail from Thai said:

Thank you for contacting us. Our space control in Thailand is currently working to reinstate F/C to passengers who were downgrade. Our schedule was changed at beginning of September to where all Sydney flights after Nov 1 would no longer offer First Class service. However, over this past weekend, the flights were changed back to 747 equipment with F/C seats.

Regards

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL P.C.L
Did you receive the email as a response to a phone call or an email to TG? Were you flights directly through TG or a *A carrier?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA has now removed our SYD-BKK-SYD flights entirely from our PNR despite TG allocating row #2 in First yesterday and confirming it.

This fiasco is like a bad movie.

Last edited by ozstamps; Sep 15, 2014 at 7:19 pm
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
UA has now revoved our SYD-BKK-SYD flights entirely from our PNR despite TG allocating row #2 in First yesterday and confirming it.

This is like a bad movie.
I have a TG F booking on TG472 using United miles and my reservation is still in tact on united.com on a date that used to be booked on a 777-300 (United is still reflecting it as a 777-300, but it's booked in O). It is confirmed in F on a 747 on the TG site as well.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by rodjune
I was TG'd. Had "O" UA award tix for the international segments on UA, NH, and TG for this November: LAX-IAD-NRT/HND-BKK-SYD-BKK-NRT-SFO-LAX routing. It was perfectly crafted and then all seems to be falling apart. I think my HND-BKK might still be "O" but quite sure the rest of the segments BKK-SYD-BKK-NRT will be downgraded to "I". No caviar, no PJs, no cool amenity kits (i.e., Rimowa/Tumi), no 1 hour spa treatments like last year's LAX-SYD trip. I had been warned!
UPDATE: I got my TG472 SYD-BKK restored today in F for end of November. Had to do the HUACA with UA but learned of availability using ANA award tool. Now hoping to get TG475 BKK-SYD back to its former F. Based on a previous post on reinstating F paxs who were downgraded, I wonder if TG will do this automatically for me since I don't see any F availability for my flight either on UA or NH websites.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a TG F booking on TG472 using United miles and my reservation is still in tact on united.com on a date that used to be booked on a 777-300 (United is still reflecting it as a 777-300, but it's booked in O). It is confirmed in F on a 747 on the TG site as well.
Totally wiped on united.com for me .. just the SYD legs.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by 2919scott
Did you receive the email as a response to a phone call or an email to TG? Were you flights directly through TG or a *A carrier?
I E-mailed Thai at LAX. They responded to me. I checked the record and saw that Thai had waitlisted me and within 1 day I was back in first. I called United to re-issue the ticket after Thai did the re-upgrade.

Thai had opened up F on TG476.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
My reservation also went nuts on UA.com: BKK-SYD and a later connecting flights went missing. UA has now booked me onto TG472 but with a minus (!!!) 1 hour 20 minute connection in BKK.

Apparently TG476 was causing all sorts of trouble for the UA supervisor and she could not grab a F seat (or any seat for that matter). She did say I was waitlisted for Business Class though (I was booked on a F award). UA was super apologetic, which was surprising, because it was not even their fault.

I have decided to sent TG an email too, fearing that UA's rebooking may have messed with TG's attempts to re-upgrade passengers.

Let's hope TG has a better attitude to maintenance and safety than route planning and IT.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
This is incredibly frustrating. It's like TG wanted to purge everyone who booked awards in F out on purpose, so they can have a bunch of F seats to sell again!
it has nothing to to with Award tickets and so on
its only related to aircraft rotation.
First Thai planned to introduce new flights to DUS by B747, then the postponed DUS and thought of increasing capacity to FRA instead (from A340 to B77 besides A380) and now the "leave it as it used to be": skipped DUS, leave FRA as it was/is and deploy the Jumbo again on the SYD route.
Dont believe that Award travelers are so important that anyone in THAI aircraft rotation planning would consider them as important enough for such heavy decision making....

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Sep 16, 2014 at 8:22 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.