Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: TG Gold
Originally Posted by 2919scott
Magnus

I checked my flights again this morning (475/476 for November) and both still show J on the 747. Did you call to get waitlisted back into F? Do you suppose TG was proactive because you are TG Gold?

My award flights were redeemed through UA MileagePlus, so perhaps folks like me are out of luck.
Hi, i've done nothing but sitting here relaxing and watch what TG is up to everyday so i have no idea if it's because my booking is thru TG or Gold or something else
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jglenn16
I had 2 confirmed F awards on TG476 SYD-BKK, but proactively changed it to SYD-PEK when Air China announced they were flying their 777-300ER on that route. What happened to the people who were booked in F on TG, but didn't change routing/carrier? Did TG automatically rebook everyone in J, or did the passengers have to call your booking carrier to re-confirm new seats, etc?

From reading some of the replies above, it looks like some reservations were kept in F even though there was a downgrade in aircraft?
My award is booked via UA miles. When SYD-BKK was downgraded apparently there was no J on my flight so I was automatically put into J 24 hours later. While that gave me an extra 24+ hour stopover in SYD the rest of my itinerary remained the same and effectively broken. Calling UA today was able to get back into F on my new flight, original date doesn't have any space in any cabin. So I had to change the rest of my return flight legs as well. Hoping for no more changes between now and December.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:08 pm

Thai Airways to reinstate first class, Boeing 747s on Sydney flights

http://www.ausbt.com.au/thai-airways...sydney-flights

UPDATE | Thai Airways has backtracked on its decision to withdraw first class from Australia, with 'Royal First' flights to continue between Sydney and Bangkok.

TG471, 472, 475 and 476 were all to be downgraded to a Boeing 777 from October 26, although the airline has reinstated the Boeing 747 on its Australian flights.

Unlike the Boeing 747, Thai's Boeing 777s come without first class. Sydney is Thai Airways' only Australian Boeing 747 destination, with the jumbo's disappearance previously flagging an end to the airline's first class service to Down Under.

A Thai Airways spokesperson confirmed the shake-up to Australian Business Traveller, advising that first class will continue to be available on both of Thai's flights between Sydney and the Thailand capital.

First class fares are currently being withheld on TG475/476 from October 26, so if you're looking to travel in first class after that date, you'll need to patiently await their reappearance.

Flights between Perth and Bangkok will also get a rejig, with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner currently making an appearance from September 21 through to October 25 before the older Airbus A330 returns from October 26.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by BF263533
First class fares are currently being withheld on TG475/476 from October 26, so if you're looking to travel in first class after that date, you'll need to patiently await their reappearance.
Looking at the seat maps for December it appears TG476 has the older style first class product in place. This leads me to believe that they are trying to figure out if they can still charge full first prices for an inferior product.

In my eyes this is worse than them running the 777-300ER on the route. Very disappointing.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Moff

Looking at the seat maps for December it appears TG476 has the older style first class product in place.
Wrong.

I am in the new version 747 in December and January on TG 476/475.

With 10 only F seats.

Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Moff
Looking at the seat maps for December it appears TG476 has the older style first class product in place. This leads me to believe that they are trying to figure out if they can still charge full first prices for an inferior product.

In my eyes this is worse than them running the 777-300ER on the route. Very disappointing.
I would prefer a "old" TG 747 F seat any time (night or day flight) over a 777-300ER J seat. While both are full flat, you have much more space on the F seat and not just a tight footrest to put your feet and leg in

not to mention on board and ground services, food and drinks....

I do not agree that TG F with the older seat is a "inferior" product!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Wrong.

I am in the new version 747 in December and January on TG 476.

With 10 only F seats.
these are the so called "older" single F seats while suite version has 9 seats
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Wrong.

I am in the new version 747 in December and January on TG 476/475.

With 10 only F seats.

Wrong.

New F has 9 seats
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai

Agree.

Give me that over anything on any other Thai aircraft.

An acre of room, and lovely staff on all flights, and we have taken quite a few.

Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Duplicate

Last edited by ozstamps; Sep 14, 2014 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, EK Gold
I believe the older TG F is inferior to the newer F offering. However, you would be right in it being better than the J product. I guess I am one of the few people around here who doesn't mind the new J on the 777-300ER, but I can accept old F is still better as a package.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:51 pm

Agree.

Give me that over anything on any other Thai aircraft.

An acre of room, and lovely staff on all flights, and we have taken quite a few.
nice photos!
on a day flight (SYD BKK) I even prefer the "old" F seats over the suites. front cabin of 747 looks more spacious and you can talk with others, while suites look a bit like cages and nobody can talk with each other except couples, who eat together in a suite but that is getting very tight if you are big persons
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: TG Gold
Today my SYD-BKK in F was confirmed with seating also so now it's back to original plan
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:42 am

I would prefer a "old" TG 747 F seat any time (night or day flight) over a 777-300ER J seat. While both are full flat, you have much more space on the F seat and not just a tight footrest to put your feet and leg in

not to mention on board and ground services, food and drinks....

Are all the "very old" first class cabins gone with 12 seats? So now is it the old 10 seats and the new 9 seat cabins, with the very old 12 seats gone??
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by BF263533
Are all the "very old" first class cabins gone with 12 seats? So now is it the old 10 seats and the new 9 seat cabins, with the very old 12 seats gone??
It was 14 seats...and yes, they're long gone (they were all converted to 9F). 10F is the new old!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.