Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Well I did not book for "Northern Winter'.
They've been using the 2-3-2 config on the SYD route all-year-round for a long while.
Getting the Quadra smartium seat config would be an exception, for example if an aircraft goes mech.
I assumed that your travel was in the period discussed in this thread, hence the "northern winter" comment, but OZ schedules the same aircraft no matter the time of year.
If you think that SYD-ICN on OZ will be more comfortable than SYD-BKK on a TG 77W, you'll be disappointed. Even a TG 773 with 2-3-2 C class seating won't be any worse than what OZ offers.
Since your destination is PEK, SYD-PEK on CA may be your best choice.

Last edited by 26point2orbust; Sep 5, 2014 at 9:33 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Seriously? You think they are going to make an announcement that has a major ripple effect through existing bookings, schedules, etc only to then nix it and then bring it back 2 months later? I know this is TG but c'mon dude...
I don't think you know TG well enough for they did exactly this already with SYD this year. They announced a drastic schedule change to TG472, created huge numbers of misconnects in BKK, massive amount of rebooking grief, effectively counted themselves out as a Kangaroo route carrier...then promptly put the schedule back to what it was a few weeks later!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 26point2orbust

They've been using the 2-3-2 config on the SYD route all-year-round for a long while.
I was looking at into 2015. Not sure when they switch to new seats but the Australia website seems to say they do!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: *Gold
What is going on here? First I was deflated by the BKK-SYD leg of my once-in-a-lifetime F trip MUC-SYD turning into a 773, then I was a little bit happy to at least see the seatmap of a 77W on the TG website instead of an older 772 or 773, now TG475 on the day I travel and transformed back into a 744, destroying my seat assignments.
Mind you, I don't believe F is actually coming back on that route, it's just some phantom garbage going on with CheckMyTrip.com and Thairair.com, matrix etc. are still showing 773. Or can we hope for a return of F?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unityofsaints
What is going on here? First I was deflated by the BKK-SYD leg of my once-in-a-lifetime F trip MUC-SYD turning into a 773, then I was a little bit happy to at least see the seatmap of a 77W on the TG website instead of an older 772 or 773, now TG475 on the day I travel and transformed back into a 744, destroying my seat assignments.
Mind you, I don't believe F is actually coming back on that route, it's just some phantom garbage going on with CheckMyTrip.com and Thairair.com, matrix etc. are still showing 773. Or can we hope for a return of F?
See post #137. It's entirely possible F is coming back.

I am now seeing 747 too.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My flights have switched back to a 747, and Thai is selling F on those flights. However, UA is not seeing the award space (and in fact sees a 2-class 77W). I fear I won't be able to switch back to my original F class booking on any of my 4 impacted flights. If it is indeed even true that the 747 is coming back.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
My flights have switched back to a 747, and Thai is selling F on those flights. However, UA is not seeing the award space (and in fact sees a 2-class 77W). I fear I won't be able to switch back to my original F class booking on any of my 4 impacted flights. If it is indeed even true that the 747 is coming back.
This is incredibly frustrating. It's like TG wanted to purge everyone who booked awards in F out on purpose, so they can have a bunch of F seats to sell again!

Last edited by jglenn16; Sep 12, 2014 at 3:37 pm
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I just looked at my date in March and it is showing the 747 and has Royal Silk and Royal First offered. However, if you click on Royal First it then only lets you select the 8am flight and the 17.50 flight is greyed out.

I'm getting pretty pissed off as I cxl'd my award ticket and bought a J ticket for BKK-BNE.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I just looked at my date in March and it is showing the 747 and has Royal Silk and Royal First offered. However, if you click on Royal First it then only lets you select the 8am flight and the 17.50 flight is greyed out.

I'm getting pretty pissed off as I cxl'd my award ticket and bought a J ticket for BKK-BNE.
TG472 had already been downguaged to 773 prior to the change to 476...i assume that change is sticking so there will be no F on that flight for sure.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
TG472 had already been downguaged to 773 prior to the change to 476...i assume that change is sticking so there will be no F on that flight for sure.
It looks like a 747 is reflected on TG472/471 on expertflyer, thaiairways.com, kayak.com

Last edited by jglenn16; Sep 12, 2014 at 4:10 pm
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Ya but it shows 747 for both flights.

Whatever my trip isn't until March. I'll just sit around and let it all play out until early next year. My BKK-BNE ticket is refundable less 2000 baht so I just may refund it if award F opens (and sticks) or pay the difference and switch to F BKK-SYD.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: TG Gold
This morning my TG476 on November 1 showed as 777 as reported here earlier and now it's 747-400

But i still have my seat 3A from a couple of months ago when it was the 9F ;-)
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Thai. SMOOTH AS SILK
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold

What a joke, they just have no idea what they are doing. The must be so many people behind the scenes trying to pull in all different directions with no real leadership. I don't even think yet realise how quickly they are turning people off booking with them. The U turn on the award chart was just an example, it is like they try it first see how pissed of people get and how much work they make for themselves and go oh people don't like that let's go back, too late then.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:35 pm

What grossly poor management. I was downgraded on a flight about six weeks ago, but after a few weeks first opened up on the flight the day before. Then on Sept. 1 got downgraded PEK-BKK, BKK-SYD, and SYD-BKK. BKK-SYD was showing on Aeroplan and ANA two with O class seats on the original flight I booked in January. So I just called United and had them change to those two first class seats for the BKK-SYD leg.

Will there yet be another schedule change? How can an airline operate like this. Eastern Airlines was much better than this in its final days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.