Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Just as a data point for anyone tracking this sequence, the SYD-BKK today was in fact the older 10 seat config.

Pre-Ordered the Lobster as a special course from catering .. a wise move.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Interesting. I flew BKK-SYD today (TG471) and it was new F! I was really happy as I'd just transferred from old F FCO-BKK. Service and seat were excellent. First time, and was very impressed ^. The service was slightly better FCO-BKK, and the old F / recent F is perfectly adequate. Both flights had 5 seats taken in F. Pre-ordered one of those banquet assortments and it was disappointing. TG's appetizers are delicious but both mains were poor. Oh well - Dom!

So tomorrow, SYD-BKK folks will have a nice surprise.

Incidentally, TG471 has been new F twice in a row now (Dec 20/23).

Just switched to SYD-BKK Dec 29 so will report back on old F/new F if you like.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanp7

Pre-ordered one of those banquet assortments and it was disappointing. TG's appetizers are delicious but both mains were poor.
In the past TG long Haul flights I have done have been delighted with, re the Meals.

Pre-order nice things off their interesting list of choices, and they are loaded, and are a delight.

We ordered Lobster at same time as the BKK-FRA by email, which WAS loaded SYD-BKK. Bangkok catering let Thai down.

Yesterday flew the 12 hour BKK-FRA on the A380 and for starters the boarding passes had us seated apart despite SYD office emailing me in advance that we had 3E/3F.

First was not full but I'd have been furious had it been an we were sitting apart for 12-13 hours.

Then the special meal order, beef filet was not loaded for ether pax.

In-Flight Manager confirmed there were no special meal choices loaded, so while he was polite about it, there were no other courses other than three strange ones I'd never order in a fit - in a plane or anywhere else. He did note this lack of meal choice in the service log for the flights.

Asked was there something different on Business Class menu choice that might be more palatable to us and we were told the Biz Class meals were the same. (Seems odd to me but they’d hardly have made that up.)

So we did not eat dinner.

Thai long Haul First Class we have taken many times, and the food and service is something the airline can be proud about.

We had a bad breakdown from BKK head office here of a simple matter – a special meal choice, that turned what should have been a nice flight into one that disappointed us.

I hope Thai offers some kind of meaningful compensation as this kind of thing, and wrong seats being issued on boarding passes, really are not up to Thai’s usual high standard.

Whether they usually do offer something in such a case, others here may know?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Whether they usually do offer something in such a case, others here may know?
They will offer a nice worded (from their standard texts they can choose from) apology and you are expected to take it with a mai pen rai/never mind

otherwise I have to say that last case my special meal ordered was not loaded is long time back
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. Let it go. You are unlikely to get anywhere with this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Dec 25, 2014 at 12:52 am Reason: reconsidered my msg to the OP
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think a hollow apology is good enough.

2 x F tickets BKK-FRA is about $20,000.

They offer meal choices as a published long haul F benefit, and the fact they got it right from SYD-BKK shows clearly it WAS communicated to BKK. And BKK screwed it up. I ordered it by email and have that email.

On United even an overhead light not working etc in premium cabin gets a $500 voucher. Virgin Australia (to my great suprise) gave us $2000 EACH travel credit this year for a fairly minor issue.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But you seem to forget that Thailand does not adhere to the compensation concept where ppl can claim compensation for even minor immaterial incidents. In my view forgetting to load your special meal falls within this category.

Just my thoughts, but if you feel that having to choose from one the normal F meals rather than your special meal ruined the entire F experience for you, you need to get your proportions right.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
... ruined the entire F experience for you, you need to get your proportions right.
You misquote me. I said it let their normal high standard down. Looking at your profile you may never have flown long haul TG First Class, and if you have, you will realise their standards are VERY high. And I think they will be disappointed in BKK such a VERY simple thing was screwed up in their top end cabin.

This is what I posted.

Thai long Haul First Class we have taken many times, and the food and service is something the airline can be proud about.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
You misquote me. I said it let their normal high standard down. Looking at your profile you may never have flown long haul TG First Class, and if you have, you will realise their standards are VERY high. And I think they will be disappointed in BKK such a VERY simple thing was screwed up in their top end cabin.

This is what I posted.
Your post here makes it look like you are the one with very little tg experience.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:15 am

I don't think a hollow apology is good enough.

2 x F tickets BKK-FRA is about $20,000.

They offer meal choices as a published long haul F benefit, and the fact they got it right from SYD-BKK shows clearly it WAS communicated to BKK. And BKK screwed it up. I ordered it by email and have that email.

On United even an overhead light not working etc in premium cabin gets a $500 voucher. Virgin Australia (to my great suprise) gave us $2000 EACH travel credit this year for a fairly minor issue.
Good luck. The BKK-FRA flight must be cursed. My last trip on that flight all first class wine and champagne was gone within the first 90 minutes. The lav behind me overflowed into the cabin.

Other than that experience and hot cabins, my Thai first class experiences have been great.

BKK-SYD-BKK in Nov was exceptional.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:47 pm

BKK to SYD(475) on Dec 26 was new first. No menus's loaded (at least we weren't given one) and the service just wasn't up to normal levels. The previous flight from CDG to BKK was how it should be!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.