Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

TG board to no longer have free flight benes

Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

This doesn't seem to have been posted yet but the Junta has axed flying benefits for the TG board. Potential more gov agencies will feel the brunt shortly according to the article.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/tran...for-thai-board
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dsquared37
This doesn't seem to have been posted yet but the Junta has axed flying benefits for the TG board. Potential more gov agencies will feel the brunt shortly according to the article.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/tran...for-thai-board
It's about time. While they're at it, they might as well overhaul the current incompetent management team!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by kittiyut
It's about time. While they're at it, they might as well overhaul the current incompetent management team!
+1
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: TG Plat
This is good.
In Phuket there has been a big purge on the taxi mafia with even a mayor arrested and held without bail but I'll really believe they mean business when the ex mayor of Patong and his son are behind bars and the hotels built on National Park land are demolished.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
If they continue and take the free tickets and upgrades away from MPs and Generals this will be really good news.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Not sure if figures related to personal travel or included 'work' travel - but incredible amount of freebies handed out. How does one use 15 free international return business class flights for holidays in a year if you have a job on a board
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
How does one use 15 free international return business class flights for holidays in a year if you have a job on a board
they usually have big families and one or a couple of mia noi (concubine)
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: TG Plat
There is a rumour going around within Thai Air that Amranand will be brought back as CEO. I hope this turns out to be true and not just wishful thinking. He was, of course, dismissed for political reasons.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: ROP *G
How many people are actually within/on the TG Board members group?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by andyptrav
There is a rumour going around within Thai Air that Amranand will be brought back as CEO. I hope this turns out to be true and not just wishful thinking. He was, of course, dismissed for political reasons.
This would be interesting and good but I don't just see it happening. Remember he also received a payout for his dismissal, although minor and I don't think the judge awarded the case against Thai but can't be sure. The other question would be would he want to after what happened?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Oh, yes, let's hope so. I think that would be the only way in the foreseeable future to get me to return to ROP and flying TG. I've been a long time ROP Gold member, but my gold status will expire later this year and probably not enough time (flights) to renew it even if he comes back very soon.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
If true this would A) be good for TG and B) be quite the loss of face for the board.

The unions at the time weren't too thrilled with some of his moves but perhaps they now realize he was much better than what they currently have.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:10 pm

maybe they have some other "more important" job for him. at least he was energy minister in the last military government and did a good job
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Thai airways management doesn't know yet, 55555

BANGKOK, 11 June 2014 (NNT) - Acting President of Thai Airways International (THAI) Chokchai Panyayong says he has not yet been informed of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s decision to cancel free plane tickets for the THAI board. He expects that there will be more clarity in in the matter during the board’s meeting next week.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:11 am

isn't that normal in state owned companies that the media know earlier than the board/management?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.