Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK-SYD in F Service Difference Between Day & Overnight Flight?

Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

I am looking at booking a flight from BKK to SYD in F and was wondering if people have experienced either flight.

Is the evening flight 18:20 BKK - 07:40 SYD an abreviated service?

When I flew TG J BKK-CDG that left at midnight they seemed to rush through the service so people could get to sleep. I can't speak for how they did in F…the other thing is that with my body clock I feel the flight may be worse since it's an "overnight" but by the time we arrive in Sydney it'll be 3am in the timezone we left (I normally am up until about 2am most nights).
I know it arrives during the morning rush at SYD, but when I flew in with UA last year I was able to use the SmartGates and expedited pass thing where I spent about 20-25 min in the airport after landing…85% of that time was just waiting for my bag to come off the belt.

The 08:15 BKK - 21:35 SYD flight would be "all day" where one can really enjoy the TG F service…but, it ultimately eats up your entire day as you have nothing you can really do in either city on that day before/after the flight.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the second meal will be different!
night flight: breakfast; day flight: a light meal before landing
as for the main meal in F you can pretty well control yourself, how fast you want to eat. I usually eat very slow (also after midnight) and am usually moving from Caviar to Starter, when most of the other passengers are past dessert.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
I did Bkk Syd in F late lst year and the evening service was abrupt and hurried, no chance to have a relaxed meal. The flight departed late and the cabin crew wanted to be all cleaned up and in bed as soon as possible.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
I did Bkk Syd in F late lst year and the evening service was abrupt and hurried, no chance to have a relaxed meal. The flight departed late and the cabin crew wanted to be all cleaned up and in bed as soon as possible.
tell them you want it slowed down.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I went ahead and booked the red eye flight...makes the most sense as on this trip I have about 25 days that I am doing Tokyo, Singapore, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Sydney, Brisbane & Melbourne. All places I've been to before except for SIN (just 2 days) and CNX (4 days).

I'm looking forward to the ex-BKK F ground service. I flew BKK-CDG in J and would love a golf cart ride and twice as long massage.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
tell them you want it slowed down.
I have done that - and it was fine... It also gave me much more time to realx, enjoy and guzzle more Dom!

Cheers,

AG. :-:

Last edited by Airgroovin; Jun 14, 2014 at 1:48 am
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA1K
I did the BKK-SYD on the overnight in Nov 2013 rather than day flight (although I was offered by the transit desk to take the morning flight, which I obviously declined). The first meal (dinner) service did not seem rushed to me, and included the caviar service from the trolley. Some F passengers skipped the meal and went to sleep. Upon nearing touchdown at SYD, a full hot breakfast service was provided.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.