Search

Boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Boarding pass

I will be flying out BKK on TG F to FRA,
connecting to LH C at FRA.

The TG and LH flights were booked separately on different booking ref numbers.

Will TG issue LH BP for for me at BKK?

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, TG will not be able to do so bcoz LH flight on LH/other ticket stock. Just do OLCI on LH.com or request a BP at a transfer desk upon arrival at FRA - really not a problem and easy.

TG will, however, tag your bags to final destination if you show the LH ticket at check-in at BKK
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No, TG will not be able to do so bcoz LH flight on LH/other ticket stock. Just do OLCI on LH.com or request a BP at a transfer desk upon arrival at FRA - really not a problem and easy.

TG will, however, tag your bags to final destination if you show the LH ticket at check-in at BKK
not necessary true.

I was doing BKK-KUL on TG and then KUL-SIN on MH. When I checked in in BKK, the agent was trying to issue my KUL-SIN BP also. I did not know he was trying to do it. When I saw him quite puzzle I asked him what happen. Then he told me that for whatever reason he cannot issue my KUL-SIN BP. so my interpretation that it should be do-able, as he seems done it before.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Did that agent think you were flying on TG and not MH?

I'm fairly confident that on a separate ticket purchased/ticketed from LH that TG won't be able to issue it.

Like others said, just check in on-line or download the LH mobile app and do it there.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by JVPhoto

I'm fairly confident that on a separate ticket purchased/ticketed from LH that TG won't be able to issue it.
I've had trouble getting LH/TG to issue BPs for the other's flights even on the same itin.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've had trouble getting LH/TG to issue BPs for the other's flights even on the same itin.
TG/SQ no way to get other's BP; at least some time ago. Not sure whether this improved in the meanwhile
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:03 am
Original Poster

No BP could be issued by TG.
So I checked in for LH flight on-line.

Luggage was tagged to final destination.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
It can be done!

Originally Posted by lingua101
not necessary true.

I was doing BKK-KUL on TG and then KUL-SIN on MH. When I checked in in BKK, the agent was trying to issue my KUL-SIN BP also. I did not know he was trying to do it. When I saw him quite puzzle I asked him what happen. Then he told me that for whatever reason he cannot issue my KUL-SIN BP. so my interpretation that it should be do-able, as he seems done it before.
It is actually possible. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ervice-ac.html (with pictures as a proof).

However, whether it works will depend on whether the onward airline has opened their flight for check-in and has allowed other airlines to send check-in request messages to them (via EDIFACT for through check-in).

Also, the TG agent must be able to enter the flight segment (down to the actual booking class in some cases) exactly as per the reservation in the other carrier's system. In addition, the passenger's name on the TG ticket must match exactly the name on the other airline's ticket for this to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.