Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH F or TG F FRA-BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
How so? It's the same decor, food, booze, showers and so on. I've been in both; it's not like the FCL is some United Club dump where they charge for everything other than Bud Light. It's the same as far as I can tell.
I'm sure it's partially just going through immigration & getting into the sun a bit. That completely changes my mood. Just going to the FCL seems like just another layover. If others don't agree that's 100% fine with me.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by northsideguy
If you are flying FRA-BKK on 31 May 2014 or later, you have to fly TG for a F seat. LH#772 will be the two cabin A340-600, no more F seats. Safe Travels!
Indeed no more LH F on the route.

At least it should be the new flat business seat which is a huge improvement over the antique TG A340 seat.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm writing this from the FCT.

If I had to choose between the TG F lounge and the FCT, I would take the TG lounge. It feels more "special" to me. If you're a big whisky drinker or cigar smoker, maybe you go for the FCT though.

I will say the Mercedes S class pick up from our apron stand was nice. But flying through the Royal Orchid Lounge in a golf cart is pretty cool, too
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AndyInSaigon
I'm sure it's partially just going through immigration & getting into the sun a bit. That completely changes my mood. Just going to the FCL seems like just another layover. If others don't agree that's 100% fine with me.
That's fair, I guess, but for me, FRA is already enough of a pain to get around in that I would rather not reclear security and enter/exit the EU just to go to the FCT. If it was an LH-LH connection it makes more sense.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm writing this from the FCT.

If I had to choose between the TG F lounge and the FCT, I would take the TG lounge. It feels more "special" to me. If you're a big whisky drinker or cigar smoker, maybe you go for the FCT though.

I will say the Mercedes S class pick up from our apron stand was nice. But flying through the Royal Orchid Lounge in a golf cart is pretty cool, too
You may be right. I think it's a bit of a toss up. I'm in the TG FLC 3 or 4 times a month so it doesn't feel quite as special. In contrast, I only make it to the FRA FCL/FCT every couple of months so I have a slight preference for it. I like the design and it is usually less crowded.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
That's fair, I guess, but for me, FRA is already enough of a pain to get around in that I would rather not reclear security and enter/exit the EU just to go to the FCT. If it was an LH-LH connection it makes more sense.
For me getting to the FCT is often easier than the FCL, but that may just be because I still haven't figured out how to get around the FRA airport.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 5khours
You may be right. I think it's a bit of a toss up. I'm in the TG FLC 3 or 4 times a month so it doesn't feel quite as special. In contrast, I only make it to the FRA FCL/FCT every couple of months so I have a slight preference for it. I like the design and it is usually less crowded.
Yeah probably a personal preference more than anything. For me, BKK always feels exotic (but I'm not there nearly so often as you). Plus the TG lounge attendants are quite a bit better looking

I've only been in TG lounge in the afternoon, so haven't experienced the night time crowds that I read about here.

Drive to the gate today was by AMG S Class. That was one sweet ride.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Drive to the gate today was by AMG S Class. That was one sweet ride.
Nice!
Old May 7, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
- The LH F flights are more enjoyable than the TG F ones. Not knocking TG F but LH F is my fave. Especially if you can get the bed next to the seat!
- We've been to both the FCL and FCT and we don't think it's a big difference between the 2. If you haven't been to the FCT I'd go, just so you've tried it. The ride to the plane is cool. Not sure I'd want to trek over after a long flight though.
- Arriving in F on TG used to let you access the TG F lounge/spa even if you were continuing on TG domestic. Since this is no longer the case we'd always pick LH. If we could still use the TG F lounge we'd fly TG F, since you already have FRA F lounge access.
- Some of those old TG 747's sound/feel like they are going to fall apart on take off and landing. Maybe being in the nose for F makes it worse.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:26 pm

This is all going to be moot on 31 May 2014, as LH flight between BKK & FRA will not have First Class anymore. The LH flight will be 2 cabin planes, Y & C. Safe Travels.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by northsideguy
This is all going to be moot on 31 May 2014, as LH flight between BKK & FRA will not have First Class anymore. The LH flight will be 2 cabin planes, Y & C. Safe Travels.
Bummer ain't it.
Old May 8, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
LH F or TG F FRA-BKK?

The F TG A380 seat is full flat 180?
Old May 8, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by qmiro
yes, and business class as well.
Old May 8, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
yes, and business class as well.
It's a very nice bird.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by qmiro
there is no TG F anymore without full flat 180 degree seat
Old May 9, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Arriving in F on TG used to let you access the TG F lounge/spa even if you were continuing on TG domestic. Since this is no longer the case we'd always pick LH. If we could still use the TG F lounge we'd fly TG F, since you already have FRA F lounge access.

If you arrive in TG F and connect to TG C you can't use the F lounge?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.