Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of "P" business class on Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by laoshu
I flew TG in December in F (P fare which is mixed business / first). Still waiting to credit M&M for 3 legs... can i blame M&M no, can I blame TG ? Yes...
Teacher, I would blame both!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
As an example, United's G,L,S,T, and W fares are non-earning for THAI ROP members. But for members of Lufthansa's Miles & More, those same fares are all partial mileage earning fares.
Another strange thing is one of the lowest fare codes: K is not listed, so presumable earn miles.
Old May 16, 2015, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
NH 'P' class is deeply discounted biz. TG gives 70% miles.

I hadn't checked given the short sector distance (GMP-HND-GMP) so earned 515 miles one-way instead of 735 (100%) or 918 (125%). Not a big deal in my case.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
I was burned on this--had an LH biz fare in P and gave a big fat "0" miles with OZ. Going to move them to UA so I at least get something. Really really sucks.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Disappointing as well, found a fare on LH from YYZ to BKK for about CAD$3000 and wanted to credit the miles to the A3 program, but no way, 0 miles in J!!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
my gosh...wt are you all complaining about?
Thai wants you to fly Thai, and they grant miles in J/D/C/P and A (all premium classes)
So if you are ROP-member and fly other Star airlines instead of Thai then verify with the respective airlines if they grand or have simply forgotten to credit the miles on your ROP account.....
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
my gosh...wt are you all complaining about?
Thai wants you to fly Thai, and they grant miles in J/D/C/P and A (all premium classes)
So if you are ROP-member and fly other Star airlines instead of Thai then verify with the respective airlines if they grand or have simply forgotten to credit the miles on your ROP account.....
i think the issue is when paying a premium fare bucket (biz or first paid fares), as a passenger you expect the miles to be included at normal rates (thats the 125% approach with TGROP), same as you expect the champs and red wine.
and that all over the alliance for all member airlines.

a 100% credit on a BIZ fare is already lousy, but accepted as the price paid was assumingly "a steal".70% in a BIZ fare is unacceptable to me same as zero miles.

find this very "funny" that TG does not credit, but this relates on how much the other lines actually pay to TG ROP for the credits/miles. i just do my homework and check first. sad that this is pushed again to the pax rather a standard to trust on, especially for BIZ or FIRST paid tickets (not talking redemption tickets here or ID fares).
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boogey
i think the issue is when paying a premium fare bucket (biz or first paid fares), as a passenger you expect the miles to be included at normal rates (thats the 125% approach with TGROP), same as you expect the champs and red wine.
and that all over the alliance for all member airlines.

a 100% credit on a BIZ fare is already lousy, but accepted as the price paid was assumingly "a steal".70% in a BIZ fare is unacceptable to me same as zero miles.

find this very "funny" that TG does not credit, but this relates on how much the other lines actually pay to TG ROP for the credits/miles. i just do my homework and check first. sad that this is pushed again to the pax rather a standard to trust on, especially for BIZ or FIRST paid tickets (not talking redemption tickets here or ID fares).

Its not only TG's program that does not credit LH's P fare, the Agean MILES & SMILES program also does not.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Sep 17, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:53 am

again: contact the airline by which you flew, first (LH) and ask them if and how many miles they in general are granting..
Then verify that the mileage wasn't credited to any of your accounts which you might have subscribed to (if there are more than one FFQT nbr in a booking mentioned that automatically will cause problems
Then contact ROP and submit them your boarding pass and a ticket copy and they will credit it to your ROP account (if not yet credited to any other FQTV-account yet)
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
again: contact the airline by which you flew, first (LH) and ask them if and how many miles they in general are granting..
Then verify that the mileage wasn't credited to any of your accounts which you might have subscribed to (if there are more than one FFQT nbr in a booking mentioned that automatically will cause problems
Then contact ROP and submit them your boarding pass and a ticket copy and they will credit it to your ROP account (if not yet credited to any other FQTV-account yet)
Why? LH P-class does not accure in Thai's ROP.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by duvin
Why? LH P-class does not accure in Thai's ROP.
if that's (not) the case, then you may want to ask LH for "why not" - but no need to complain to TG
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
if that's (not) the case, then you may want to ask LH for "why not" - but no need to complain to TG
No need to complain to TG. No need to complain to LH.
Rules are rules and they are public.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by brunos
No need to complain to TG. No need to complain to LH.
Rules are rules and they are public.
Yes. The only time there's cause to complain is when the carrier changes the accrual after you've purchased the ticket.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes. The only time there's cause to complain is when the carrier changes the accrual after you've purchased the ticket.
No, even that will not help. We bought a certain class of tkts, SWISS changed the earning from 50% to 0%. I wrote to both LX and A3 and both said you are an SOL. Too bad.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
No, even that will not help. We bought a certain class of tkts, SWISS changed the earning from 50% to 0%. I wrote to both LX and A3 and both said you are an SOL. Too bad.
You misread my post. I said there's cause to complain, not that the airline would necessarily grant credit.

btw, when TK zeroed accruals for its G fares, UA went to bat for MP members and gave credit to pax who had purchased before the accrual was changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.