Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blown away by TG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Blown away by TG

In February this year, we had a wonderful flight with TG in F from CDG-BKK on the A380. The seat, food and service were fantastic and we were glad to have gone out of our way to fly the route.

CDG is notoriously a bad airport and we fully experienced this. Not only did the luggage service manage to knock a wheel off our Rimowa, but the lock was obviously forced with a screwdriver or similar (Rimowa won!).

We filed a luggage damage report with TG and were advised to send the bill for repairs. As we wanted the case back as soon as possible, we stayed at the Adlon in Berlin in order to get the case back within 24 hours through their luggage service. After 3 hours, the case had been repaired (amazing considering it isn't done on site) and this was free of charge.

I contacted TG to explain what had happened and was absolutely blown away to be offered $100 compensation for what had happened. Obviously TG have to pay for the luggage repair, but when this was done without cost, I didn't expect the airline to offer anything.

I know TG get a lot of stick, but we are fans and this example of service really highlights why. Maybe it is normal (our luggage has never before been damaged) but seems above call of service. Our flight wasn't revenue, which made it more surprising.

Has anyone else similar experience?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
This sounds most impressive!

Were you on a paid ticket or one purchased with miles?

I've got my first trip on Thai coming up in early May and will be using miles. I wonder if they make any distinctions between these categories if there is a need for follow-up after travel ?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by transportprof
This sounds most impressive!

Were you on a paid ticket or one purchased with miles?

I've got my first trip on Thai coming up in early May and will be using miles. I wonder if they make any distinctions between these categories if there is a need for follow-up after travel ?
US Airways miles
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by price123
US Airways miles
miles tickets are still revenue tickets. they don't do it for free.

Non-rev is staff travel etc
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Still, it's impressive that TG responded to a passenger in this way, especially when s/he wasn't paying cash for the ticket, and presumably not a top tier member of TG's loyalty program.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Yes it was a good response. . Agreed.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:15 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
If TG are good they can be very good with a human touch that can makes you feel really special.

Unfortunately this "goodness" is not consistent especially when "privileges" of "powerful" people (often TIP's) are involved.....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: EBS
I have no status at all with TG, but some years ago I was called home from a holiday in Thailand, because my mother had got a serious breast cancer.

I called TG and explained the situation, and that I had to change my ticket.

The flight was totally full, but to my surprice I was the only passenger who had an empty row for myself.

It could just be a coincidence, but I had the feeling that the female agent had hit some special button, and was thankful.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Blown away by TG

I understand that "feeling with the heart" advertising which TG did some 10 years ago was really hitting the point. This has been their competitive advantage. This got lost so much recently. Sad.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: United 1K
I"m at Chiang Mai Airport and about to board the plane to Bangkok. This will be my third flight on Thai Airways this week and I have to say how nice the flight attendants are in both business and coach.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Everyone get blown away by Thai because its services is either so very good or so very indifferent. Simply lacks consistency.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anaidross
Everyone get blown away by Thai because its services is either so very good or so very indifferent. Simply lacks consistency.
An airline is an airline and will be as good as or as bad as the people who are placed on board to provide a service to paying passengers.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:40 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by anaidross
At least it is not boring, the inconsistency can also have an artistic very human touch. Even not protecting the F cabin from constant intrusions by non F passengers can be entertaining during a daytime flight.

I trust that they are more consistent on flight deck operations they have a good safety record and that is what counts.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:22 am
kkl

When I travelled from CDG - BKK on TG F, my lock and zips had snapped off for some reason. Probably sheered off some how.

Had to get my hotel in BKK to call up one of their baggage hotline numbers and they replaced the whole lock system and zips on my bag.

Wouldve thought they would replaced the whole bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.