Wiki Posts
Search

ROP makes me mad

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG*Gold
Angry ROP makes me mad

Hello to everybody. Iam new here and still discovering this forum.

I am not lucky with Royal Orchid Plus. Flying frequently I have always missing miles.
My TG number is always added into reservation system and I can also see it on my all boarding passes. I am booking tickets always in qualifying tariffs and still I can't get my miles.

I am so tired of sending, re-sending, copying, scanning, writing: documents, reservations, tickets, boarding passes, passports to prove that I made my Star alliance flights in the past.
Because of their loooooooooooong rechecking system time, once I missed my TG*P. Some miles I have never seen on my account till today.
Maybe my TG number is a Thai airways bad luck or their system is too old. I do hope they dont use Windows 95 or Pinguin Linux. Young and new TG cabin crew on B747 are lost in these old systems.

I like Thai airways very much and I always show them my loyalty booking TG flights but this situation makes me nervous all the time. Now when they renewed my GOLD card I have problem to get into Star alliance lounges in Europe. TG*G card is not working.

As i said before I have problems with enrolled miles. Today I am complaining about my business class flight to Ethiopia, Bangkok-Addis Abeba made by Ethiopian Airlines (ET). It was fully paid ticket which contained also domestic flights in Y in one reservation. All the most expensive tariffs both C/Y and still i havent got miles. I made that flight last year 27.12.2013. Now we have April 2014 (4 months) and there is no sign i will get these miles in next upcoming month.

I was writing to ROP and GOLD ROP, Customer service in Bangkok. The lady from GOLD ROP email gave up already but service from ordinary ROP email is still writing to me the same copy-paste message

Dear member,

Thank you for your supporting document.

Please kindly be advised that we have already passed your document
on to function concerned for further verification. The process of mileage
claims will require 6 - 8 weeks until the result can be rechecked.

Best regards,
xxxxx xxxxxx
Royal Orchid Plus

Well I think they all forgot which month we have now. Anyhow Iam flying to Bangkok at the end of this month I will show up my beauty to THAI Office and tell them directly what Iam thinking about their THAI hospitality and legendary service. I think Thai airways also lost their mind who runs their business too. As a TG*G for many years i spent thousands of euro for their not cheap tickets. I don't feel anymore being TG elite as TG*G. May be it is the time to forget also Thai airways for a while. I also think Thai airways dont care at all because of too many TG*Gold holders. The prestige is now to be Platinum maybe thats iam too small to be discovered by Thai airways. But how can I be TG*P if their ROP system is so poor and I cant get miles

I do hope somebody in this forum is working for THai airways/ROP and can help me in my case or cases because i have many missing miles.

One more funny question:
How do I get miles from that piece of paper? Don't forget that we have XXI century.
Ethiopian Airlines a member of Star Alliance

Last edited by phrasuthon; Apr 5, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
sorry to hear your problems!

for me I can not remember when was the last case, that miles from my flights with TG were not credited to my ROP account. It must be many years ago! and I fly roughly 50-60 times per year with TG

now with credit from other airlines, that is a different thing. TG depends on the other *A airline, its system and its answer whether miles get credit or not.

I had for example a lot of issues with my flights on Air China and it did not matter whether I credit them to my TG account or my m&m account. I always had to follow up, send evidence; sometimes I got credit, sometimes not.

As for your claim that there are too many Gold members: I can understand that, but then other airlines have even more and also as a Platinum member you will not always get the service you feel you deserve.

by the way: your flight on Ethiopian airline will not bring you any closer to Platinum status as only flights on TG J and F count
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*Gold
thank you BinSabai for your comment.

I understand very well ROP and how to also reach Platinum. Ethiopian airlines is my one of many examples only because the case is still new. Two years ago I had more than 80k TG miles in J to be TG*P and none of these tickets werent award ticket. Some flights were credited to ROP some of them got lost in the air. So last year and also this year I will not even try to play TG game to get Platinum. TG*G is absolutely good enough for me.
Last year somebody from TG office told me that Thai airways is preparing to change their ROP system so there will be possibility for example to spend miles or use voucher for an upgrade only via internet. I will still keep fighting with ROP to get back my all missing miles from other *A members. If this situation will come again in this year for sure i will quit this millage program in the next year and move my money to other airlines of Star Alliance.

Last edited by phrasuthon; Apr 6, 2014 at 3:45 am
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for sharing, let me share my experience too:

Just the past 3 years I had been taking 90-100 *A flight/year and about 80% of those are with LH/UA. Every time my ROP no. is clearly printed on the boarding passes. My experience is that only 50% of those flights, my miles would appear in my ROP account. It usually fails to show up when I pay for an upgrade. Like UA for example, I sometimes take up their cash upgrade offer in which I am re-booked into a higher cabin class but the ticketing booking class remain at the purchased class. It is extremely annoying as you had said, every time i have to print a boarding pass at the airport just so I can save a pile and bring it to a TG office once in a while in person despite all boarding passes nowadays are downloaded to my smart phone. My believe is that it's a partner's problem, where I book the ticket is also a contributing factor (directly with the airline vs through AMEX vs UA ticketing on LH codeshare etc. but this is entirely my problem as I want to avoid US based carriers as much as possible for transatlantic flights). So far I am still patient enough with these computer/software glitches partner airlines are having. If you are so upset, have you consulted Star Alliance for assistance?

Happy Flying.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
ROP makes me mad

Hi kinchai
I think your problem of missing mileage after standby paid upgrades is easy so solve:
Insist - yes insist - and once more insist (always calm and friendly) - with the agent processing your pay upgrade to update the booking class into your booking including another update of your FQTV number even it's in already. Just to make sure let him/her press ENTER once more. Then your chances are good that system recognizes the paid up fare for mileage accrual. Otherwise data might get overwritten/omitted by agent and no mileage on your account even printed on BP.
(I've had this before as well)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
ROP makes me mad

Hi Phrasuthon
From my experience I have never had an issue with mileage not credited to my account since ever started with Flying TG more than 10years ago.
Boogey
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:56 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Reliability of getting *A miles credited to TG has been pretty good for me. Only a couple of flights have gone missing (UA, domestic) and they weren't worth too many miles so it wasn't worth following up.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by kinchai
I sometimes take up their cash upgrade offer in which I am re-booked into a higher cabin class but the ticketing booking class remain at the purchased class. .....
and Boogey:
"Hi kinchai
I think your problem of missing mileage after standby paid upgrades is easy so solve: Insist - yes insist - and once more insist (always calm and friendly) - with the agent processing your pay upgrade to update the booking class into your booking including another update of your FQTV number even it's in already. Just to make sure let him/her press ENTER once more. Then your chances are good that system recognizes the paid up fare for mileage accrual. Otherwise data might get overwritten/omitted by agent and no mileage on your account even printed on BP."

TG ROP staff recently clarified to me very seriously, that the paid stand-by upgrades on their own TG flights do not qualify for Business Class or First Class mileage accumulation, but that they refer to the originally ticketed class only when it comes to mileage accumulation.
This may be different with other Star airlines but in case of TG flights they wouldn't grant increased mileage (by policy).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:25 am

ROP makes me mad

Hi creole spirit

Thx for sharing. Your experience seems to be the most recent.
I find it strange since it's paid upgrade to a revenue fare code C or F.
however my experience is a bit outdated so they might hv changed their rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.