Wiki Posts
Search

Main Biz lounge at BKK too busy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37
The two recent times I've been in the F lounge between 10:30PM-midnight it's been absolutely packed to the gills.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
and from several other airlines than TG...
I guess that's another reason to stay in the city longer on my 17 hour connection at BKK...
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by agp423
I guess that's another reason to stay in the city longer on my 17 hour connection at BKK...
and traffic from the city is more predictable and faster during the late evening
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:58 pm

But not OZ, they use Louis Tavern lounges (for some odd reason).
OZ does not have F to/from BKK; but LH and LX have late night flights departing with F; any others?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
i ignore that and use the TG lounges which I am entitled to use due to star alliance rules
As do I. But there must be C pax who, not knowing they have the TG option, while away the time in the LT lounges.

OZ does not have F to/from BKK; but LH and LX have late night flights departing with F; any others?
This thread has fluidly moved between discussing F and C lounge discussion. You're aboslutely correct that OZ doesn't have F and my response was more to the C side of things.

In regard to F, LH and LX have 1 flight a piece during the late night stampede and everyone else comes from TG. Unless I'm missing something?!?

Is the lounge filled with LH HON and TG*P?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:34 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

IMO the PG lounge was better than any of the *G/C TG lounges. The food is rubbish or worse at the latter, they don't have bottled water (which I'd always carry on the plane as a back-up) and they aren't comfortable.

The only aspect for which I'll give TG credit is checking-in while in C (and though I haven't flown their F, likely that too). That process works.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
IMO the PG lounge was better than any of the *G/C TG lounges. The food is rubbish or worse at the latter, they don't have bottled water (which I'd always carry on the plane as a back-up) and they aren't comfortable.
Im no fan of the TG lounges but PG, unless you're in the Blue Ribbon side, have even less food and water in cups.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:20 am

In regard to F, LH and LX have 1 flight a piece during the late night stampede and everyone else comes from TG. Unless I'm missing something?!?

Is the lounge filled with LH HON and TG*P?
but there are at least 6 TG flights with F departing from 11pm to 1am, from which 3 A380
so that is together minimum 8 flights with F with max 8-12 passengers
everybody could take one guest
then of course the LH HON and TG*P (I admit, often flying only C)
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but there are at least 6 TG flights with F departing from 11pm to 1am, from which 3 A380
so that is together minimum 8 flights with F with max 8-12 passengers
everybody could take one guest
then of course the LH HON and TG*P (I admit, often flying only C)
Right, I agree, the preponderance of pax in the F lounge is coming from the TG side of things.

Do *P get guest privileges for the F lounge?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:42 am

Right, I agree, the preponderance of pax in the F lounge is coming from the TG side of things.

Do *P get guest privileges for the F lounge?
yes one guest, even if both flying in Y
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
For those who don't know, there is another TG F class lounge nearby the E gates . It is a very small one, secluded in the C class lounge , with a much smaller food and drink selection , but always very quiet.
Icing on the cake is that it is very near to the G gate where a lot of the A 380 flights to Europe seem to depart from .
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by splite
We went to the Louis' Tavern lounge once since the TG lounge was packed. Even had smoking rooms. Not sure if they have smoking rooms in all of them. Food so much better also. Was 1,000 baht to get in but... TG E lounge was fine for a noon flight a few months ago
Did the same thing during my most recent "experience" connecting via BKK on TG in J in Jan-14.

I have priority pass with unlimited visits.

Security for connections was an absolute zoo also - plus a lot of people jumping the queue. I have nothing against flying on TG, but really not keen to connect at BKK.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by SK AAR
hmm....not looking good for Saturday night/Sunday morning TG departure to Scandinavia. Was expecting a sit down and a peaceful moment in the TG business lounge in D before the long flight back (luckily in C class)
A lot of families with kids for sure.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:23 pm

Im no fan of the TG lounges but PG, unless you're in the Blue Ribbon side, have even less food and water in cups.
But that's for PG Y class passengers. With every other airline, you get a hard seat at the gate.

PG's Blue Ribbon lounge, for C class passengers, is infinitely better than TG's. F&B requests are taken at your seat, prepared to order, and served to you. And the food is quite tasty as well.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

The only aspect for which I'll give TG credit is checking-in while in C (and though I haven't flown their F, likely that too). That process works.
Any *A business class lounge is better than TG's. If you have a *G card, just use SQ or BR's lounges. Problem solved!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:56 pm

If you were considering breakfast at the TG C lounge, here is the western breakfast selection that was on offer last time I was there. That's right, hard boiled eggs and some sort of processed ham product, floating in water and grease.

Bon appétit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.