Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai 787

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
Does it seem to anyone else that THAI is not using the 787s for their optimal purpose? They seem to have equipped and deployed the aircraft onto regional routes, when the design was intended to profitably open up long-thin routes.
maybe the odd thinking that mid-sized airplanes are for mid haul flights like Thailand to Japan...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
Does it seem to anyone else that THAI is not using the 787s for their optimal purpose? They seem to have equipped and deployed the aircraft onto regional routes, when the design was intended to profitably open up long-thin routes.
I don't think they have any idea. They don't have enough of them to do anything meaningful with them long haul wise. The amount of times they have loaded it in to the schedule for a destination and then changed it is numerous, it just makes it look like it is guess work as in to aircraft usage.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Does anybody else think the J seats on this aircraft are awful? The more I fly them the worse they get.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
Does anybody else think the J seats on this aircraft are awful? The more I fly them the worse they get.
they are not as good as the seats on the A380 or new 777-300ER, but better as 747, 777-200/300, A340, newer A330 etc.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by BinSabai
they are not as good as the seats on the A380 or new 777-300ER, but better as 747, 777-200/300, A340, newer A330 etc.
Maybe for medium haul, but I usually hit them on BKK<>SGN and find them incredibly tight for sitting. I much prefer the older J for a flight of that length.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
While I keep up with the "life line" and changes at TG via this board what do you veterans think about the PER route.
I know European routes and other things are in flux.
Not so much worried about it swapping from 787 to something else but frankly them just axing the route.

I am going to be spending a month in Thailand Nov/Dec but was considering going a week early so I could visit some friends and things in Perth. Didn't want to make all my arrangements and then the route get axed.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
While I keep up with the "life line" and changes at TG via this board what do you veterans think about the PER route.
I know European routes and other things are in flux.
Not so much worried about it swapping from 787 to something else but frankly them just axing the route.

I am going to be spending a month in Thailand Nov/Dec but was considering going a week early so I could visit some friends and things in Perth. Didn't want to make all my arrangements and then the route get axed.
Perth has not been mentioned anywhere as a route they are looking to axe. As the only airline offering direct PER-BKK flights I would have thought they would do alright on the route.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:11 am

That's good to hear. I wasn't sure if it was an ENTIRELY new route or just 787 launch route which is why I was asking about the history etc.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:26 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the bulkhead seats (row 11) have a bigger cubby hole? Will be flying this plan to Singapore.

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the bulkhead seats (row 11) have a bigger cubby hole? Will be flying this plan to Singapore.

Thanks!
Yes they do though I wouldn't really worry on a 2 hour flight.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
They have had terrible problems with vibrations on the 787

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...i-787s-439068/

http://www.mro-network.com/maintenan...-repair-delays

I was on a 787 flight from SIN > BKK two weeks ago and the recurrent vibration in the cabin was very noticable (and annoying).

Both the A350 and 789 are contenders for Thai's long term long haul fleet replacement. I think TG are asking Boeing for compensation......
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lcy flyer
Both the A350 and 789 are contenders for Thai's long term long haul fleet replacement. I think TG are asking Boeing for compensation......
Why ask compensation from Boeing and not Rolls Royce? The problem is the RR trent 1000 engines.

I certainly hope TG will go with A359 or even the larger A350-1000 version. What were they thinking when they put in an order for the two 789??!!!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Some pictures of HS-TWA at Beong's Paine Field

For those interested in the THAI 787-9 at Boeing's Paine Field.

http://painefield.blogspot.kr/search?q=thai
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by kittiyut
What were they thinking when they put in an order for the two 789??!!!
The Thai politicians/decision makers/VIPs putting a huge return commission in their pockets (some would call it bribery/corruption) thinks it is great deal.

Keep in mind that purchase of aircrafts for TG has nothing to do with logic/what the airline really needs. It is about filling the pockets of certain thai people - this is how it works in Thailand. The current Rolls-Royce engine bribery is the latest scandal to surface.
kittiyut likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK AAR
The Thai politicians/decision makers/VIPs putting a huge return commission in their pockets (some would call it bribery/corruption) thinks it is great deal.

Keep in mind that purchase of aircrafts for TG has nothing to do with logic/what the airline really needs. It is about filling the pockets of certain thai people - this is how it works in Thailand. The current Rolls-Royce engine bribery is the latest scandal to surface.
It was a rhetorical question when I said "what were they thinking?"

Of course it is about commission and bribery. You nailed it right on the head!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.