Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 28, 13, 4:03 pm   #1

Lap kids allowed in F?

Am about to book some seats for the missus and myself on Thai F BKK - LHR. The 13-month old has to fly too, so does anyone know if lap kids are allowed in Thai F?
bandana1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 13, 11:05 am   #2

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Shangri-La Jade
Yes, they are....if you are lucky (as I have been in the past) and the flight is not full in F you may be able to bed down down your little 'un in a seat to themselves. I did this and the crew didn't mind. However, the LHR flights in F seem to be running very full this time of year......good luck!
Thaikwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 13, 2:19 am   #3

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Lap kids allowed in F?

did this 2y ago on FRA route.

920 outbound we were lucky. only 1 other pax on the 10F 747 ... and equipped with dom and earplugs he slept "like a baby".

we had 9 seats for us: mom and dad and our twins. "4bedrooms", "dining room" and "playroom" etc. good fun.

that time i redeemed 2 first class seats for parents and booked/paid 10% infant fare.
TG sales insisted i had to buy F-class 10% fare which ends up incl taxes in money at the same as a higher-level economy fare. per INF.
INF cannot redeem i was told.
boogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 13, 6:56 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogey View Post
that time i redeemed 2 first class seats for parents and booked/paid 10% infant fare.
TG sales insisted i had to buy F-class 10% fare which ends up incl taxes in money at the same as a higher-level economy fare. per INF.
That's been my experience with most airlines; having to pay 10% of the full fare... it can be quite quite expensive.. there are a handful of airlines that allow redemption to be paid with miles..... This is a fairly good resource...

FDW
FlyingDoctorwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 13, 5:35 pm   #5

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
Assuming extra f seat is not available, is a basinger available in f? (we will be flying 747 from syd so probably 10f and connecting to a 340 in f to zrh). I'm more worried about the zrh flight because between my party will have 4 of 10 (hopefully 9!) Seats I'm in f on syd bkk.
NE flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 13, 5:23 am   #6

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Lap kids allowed in F?

baby bassinet in F - honestly i am not 100% sure but i would assume 1a/k on 7443 10F config and 346; and maybe 346 1e/f have baby bassinet setup possible. you would want to check your TG reservations to notify your bb bassinet request.

however from our return flight experience full flight, the seats are large enough to carefully sleep 1 adult plus infant next to.

we did not make use of bb bassinet on our flights
Old Aug 2, 13, 12:04 am   #7

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Shangri-La Jade
Quote:
baby bassinet in F - honestly i am not 100% sure but i would assume 1a/k on 7443 10F config and 346; and maybe 346 1e/f have baby bassinet setup possible. you would want to check your TG reservations to notify your bb bassinet request.

however from our return flight experience full flight, the seats are large enough to carefully sleep 1 adult plus infant next to.

we did not make use of bb bassinet on our flights
No baby bassinets in F on Thai
Thaikwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 13, 6:16 am   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), PG Premier, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaikwai View Post
No baby bassinets in F on Thai
Don't see how they could have a bassinet with pod seating.
dsquared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 13, 6:24 am   #9
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Quote:
did this 2y ago on FRA route.

920 outbound we were lucky. only 1 other pax on the 10F 747 ... and equipped with dom and earplugs he slept "like a baby".

we had 9 seats for us: mom and dad and our twins. "4bedrooms", "dining room" and "playroom" etc. good fun.

How did the other passenger in FC feel about your family's taking over the FC cabin and especially designating a playroom? You paid for two seats and took over nine by your own admission. Maybe the other person would have liked to have a sitting room, bedroom, and separate dining room proportional to the number of seats purchased.
Old Aug 2, 13, 9:37 am   #10

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
That's been my experience with most airlines; having to pay 10% of the full fare... it can be quite quite expensive..
The fare charged should be distributed to the other F-cl pax on the flight as small compensation for the additional noise...
Air Rarotonga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 13, 7:43 pm   #11

Lap kids allowed in F?

@MSPeconomist

hi!

he did not mind and did not complain neither to us nor to FA.

i fly TG premium cabins all the time and i feel for fellow pax. i put my family in F because i know they can sleep overnite.
our kids didnt scream or fuss around, just read their books or played their games when awake. there was a lil noice the moment my daughter fell out of her "bedroom" ... surely she complained! 2mins later she slumbered well again. night flight anyways and my family slept well 9hrs+.

honestly, i noticed lights off and general silent environment in F (as of aircraft noice and as of pax noise levels) lets INF fall asleep much easier than in generally more busy and noisy Y.

we sat 1k and 2k,
other pax 3a.
Old Aug 4, 13, 7:34 pm   #12

@thaikwai

check
http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...p/B747-400.jpg

and also picture
http://www.fivestarhotels.uk.com/Tha...irst_Class.jpg

for info about BB bassinet on TG 747s.

10-F config (7443) and the one remaining 14-F config (7442) have bb bassinet setup in F. however, those are the only ones.

346, and any F-suite plane (that is 747 9F config, 380, and the one remaining 777-300ER JET-plane) do not have BB bassinet setup available.

regards
boogey
Old Aug 10, 13, 10:26 pm   #13

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I was begging for a baby to be in the seat behind me in business class on my flight today. The two pre-teens.. possibly 8-10 talked, dropped things against the back of the pod seat (which you can still feel) and ate chips from a crinkly and noisy packet until 2 am local time on a night flight. If it wasn't a bother to get out of my seat I would of asked them nicely to speak quietly as it is a night flight and EVERYONE else is trying to sleep. I noticed dad asleep 1 minute after take off with an eye mask, and mum dozing and waking every so often to read or look after at the two boys behind me. At 2 am she FINALLY told them to sleep. We then had the incessant loud and gross sniffing every two minutes. Again I wished for a baby who would of gone straight to sleep. I've had many babies near me in premium and have never had a problem (luckily!)

Playroom! Good sense of humour!
Annalisa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 13, 10:10 pm   #14

Programs: AC-Prestige 25K, *S, Nexus, Fairmont Premier, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
I was begging for a baby to be in the seat behind me in business class on my flight today. The two pre-teens.. possibly 8-10 talked, dropped things against the back of the pod seat (which you can still feel) and ate chips from a crinkly and noisy packet until 2 am local time on a night flight. If it wasn't a bother to get out of my seat I would of asked them nicely to speak quietly as it is a night flight and EVERYONE else is trying to sleep. I noticed dad asleep 1 minute after take off with an eye mask, and mum dozing and waking every so often to read or look after at the two boys behind me. At 2 am she FINALLY told them to sleep. We then had the incessant loud and gross sniffing every two minutes. Again I wished for a baby who would of gone straight to sleep. I've had many babies near me in premium and have never had a problem (luckily!)

Playroom! Good sense of humour!
Sounds like you handled that a lot better than I would have.
cmgalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 13, 10:43 am   #15

Programs: Many
If only children, and especially infants, were banned from premium cabins.
GetSetJetSet is offline   Reply With Quote