Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

first time in Thai First - pre-order meal and any other advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first time in Thai First - pre-order meal and any other advice?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
enjoy DOM, Caviar and some good Burgundy/Bordeaux; look at the preorder menu; you can select one but if the normal menu has something you would like to try, you can select from there...or have both
Thank you, will do! Do you know if they have a decent selection of scotch on board?

Originally Posted by exmike
fyi, the john dory fish is no bueno
Good to know! Is that one of the pre order options or was it on the on board menu?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flood
Thank you, will do! Do you know if they have a decent selection of scotch on board?
not really! just the overrated and overpriced JW Blue, no single malt!

I usually stick to Cognac, Otard XO
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by flood

Good to know! Is that one of the pre order options or was it on the on board menu?
pre-order
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: TG*Gold
This was also my first time in Royal First and i chose a lobster as recommendation from this forum. Some photos of my last flight here:
http://www.phrasuthon.pl/thai-airway...kok-frankfurt/
The flight attendants were "ulala"

example

Last edited by phrasuthon; Nov 19, 2014 at 1:29 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
We just did two flights this month: FRA-BKK (380) and BKK-SYD (747). We preordered meals on both flights. I would recommend against it. The regular menue is better.
Duck on FRA-BKK was completely overcooked, dry and stringy. Prawn curry was a few tiny pieces of shrimp in a sea of tasteless greenish sauce.
Rack of lamp on BKK-SYD meat completely overcooked, stringy and dried out (some had the consistency of beef jerky), potatoes were undercooked.
Monk fish was edible, but also tasteless.

I promise i will never ever complain about the F food on Swiss or Lufthansa. It is not great but it is still running circles around what Thai was serving.
YMMV - I ordered the rack of lamb on the HKG-BKK flight last night. There were two pieces of lamb (naturally, on the bone), and it was cooked just to medium, meaning that there was a slight amount of pink in the meat. It was tender and juicy. Would have loved to have four as there is so little meat on rack of lamb. The potatoes were cooked perfectly, but the veggies (carrots, core of whole onions, zuchinni) were just slightly overdone and soft. There was some grilled onions alongside the lamb. The sauce was ok, but could have used a little more flavor.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: TG*Gold
Originally Posted by rodjune
YMMV - I ordered the rack of lamb on the HKG-BKK flight last night. There were two pieces of lamb (naturally, on the bone), and it was cooked just to medium, meaning that there was a slight amount of pink in the meat. It was tender and juicy. Would have loved to have four as there is so little meat on rack of lamb. The potatoes were cooked perfectly, but the veggies (carrots, core of whole onions, zuchinni) were just slightly overdone and soft. There was some grilled onions alongside the lamb. The sauce was ok, but could have used a little more flavor.
khob khun krab Hope I will get same lamb as you soon
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by rodjune
YMMV - I ordered the rack of lamb on the HKG-BKK flight last night.
was it grilled or braised?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
it would be very odd to braise a rack of lamb (unless they've started using very cheap cuts of meat )
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
it would be very odd to braise a rack of lamb (unless they've started using very cheap cuts of meat )
not really! but of course if braised I would prefer a lamb shank.
difficult to get good grilled meat (beef or lamb) on airplanes. Usually it is overdone.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: UA1K
The rack of lamb was grilled. It was definitely not overdone; thus, the meat was tender and juicy.

The Steak Rossini from SYD-BKK, however, was overdone and a little tough (unlike last year when it was just shy of medium and juicy). Spreading the foie gras on top helped out a lot this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.