Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

first time in Thai First - pre-order meal and any other advice?

first time in Thai First - pre-order meal and any other advice?

Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
I don't see where the problem is... You pre-order and if the food is not up to par, let the FA know and order off the menu? ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
I don't see where the problem is... You pre-order and if the food is not up to par, let the FA know and order off the menu? ^

Cheers,

I concur that the preordered meals can be hit and miss. For that reason I don't preorder anymore.

The 'problem' with ordering twice is that it is a bit of a waste of food!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Will they be carrying enough "normal menu" choices though?

Hypothetically speaking if 8 out of 8 F pax had all pre-ordered meals, would they load any / many normal ones?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I concur that the preordered meals can be hit and miss. For that reason I don't preorder anymore.

The 'problem' with ordering twice is that it is a bit of a waste of food!
If you've paid for F - a few shrimp going down the shute is hardly going to make a difference in the big scheme of things!

Cheers,

Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
If you've paid for F - a few shrimp going down the shute is hardly going to make a difference in the big scheme of things!

Cheers,

that's not the point. sheer waste of food for the sake of it is not cool these days. I agree however it's not the passenger's fault that TG can't get the catering right.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:53 pm

that's not the point. sheer waste of food for the sake of it is not cool these days. I agree however it's not the passenger's fault that TG can't get the catering right.
Of course - I am cool with that! I would never condone wasting food, not these days, or any days...

But, if the food quality is not acceptable, the crew need to know. The End.

Cheers,

Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
oh please... the food will be thrown out if not used on the flight. food waste happens on every flight day in day out
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by dazz81
oh please... the food will be thrown out if not used on the flight. food waste happens on every flight day in day out
+1 ^ You took the words (not the food) right outta my mouth!

Cheers,

Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not convinced they would be throwing out specially ordered meals if they weren't ordered in the first place. There are plenty of reports that some of the special meals are pretty ordinary. Knowing they are ordinary, why book them and potentially have to throw them out? You can get a much better lobster meal on the ground any day of the week.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:37 pm

I guess you never order something in a restaurant and send it back if it's unsatisfactory
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:46 pm

I'm not convinced they would be throwing out specially ordered meals if they weren't ordered in the first place. There are plenty of reports that some of the special meals are pretty ordinary. Knowing they are ordinary, why book them and potentially have to throw them out? You can get a much better lobster meal on the ground any day of the week.
Food wastage happens on almost every full-service flight, everyday. Trust me, I know.

The meals I have ordered in F have been fine, so I've had no complaints. But if the meal was as bad as stated in this thread, I would certainly (politely) let the crew know... I somehow don't think I'm alone on this one...
Cheers,

Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess you never order something in a restaurant and send it back if it's unsatisfactory
nope. I've never gone into a restaurant and ordered something that people have said is not really that good or only ordinary. why would you?

I'm not sure what the argument is here. the statement was made that there doesn't seem to be any issue with ordering something and if you don't like it just order something else. I said that could be considered as being a bit wasteful, especially if you already know that food is not going to be good. for some reason the debate has been tried to be broadened out from that very narrow confine.

sure if the general meal is bad, send it back, or have something else. but if lobster is best eaten freshly prepared (and I understand airlines try to impress people by offering special dishes) why order it on a plane when it's been cooked up to 24 hours prior, snap frozen or chilled and then reheated? and then say it's no good when it comes?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:51 pm

I've actually ordered the lobster and it's been fine And, for the record, I've never sent a dish back... BUT, if I felt the need to do so, I would not hesitate!

Not sure if I can be any more clear?

Cheers,

Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:24 am

The post is about if you don't like the pre ordered meal is there other options available. The answer is YES.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I guess you never order something in a restaurant and send it back if it's unsatisfactory.
There's a difference, of course. Sending something back because it's prepared poorly, doesn't taste good or was inaccurately described on the menu is one thing. Sending something back simply because you don't like it (even though it's good, prepared properly, etc.) is considered by some to be a different situation entirely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.