Long haul F going downhill again ?

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Sounds like bad luck, yet if the BP was scanned on entrance to the lounge, the staff know where the pax is, and they wouldn't take a bag off the flight unless they searched the lounge. I would be annoyed, but everytime something like this has happened to me, it has been my fault eg i wandered off without finding out what the boarding time would be. I wouldn't react by cancelling flights, seems silly to me as I would have only booked the airline and the flights I really wanted as far as times etc are concerned. Even if at fault I would have collared the manager, also had a quite word with the pilot and the CSD, I could have turned this around into a nice little earner
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: *G
just came off a ride on the 10-seat not-so-old 747.

still a hugely comfortable seat and bed.... and the service from ground to air was fantastic top to bottom. hats off to the TG staff ^^^
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Sounds like bad luck, yet if the BP was scanned on entrance to the lounge, the staff know where the pax is, and they wouldn't take a bag off the flight unless they searched the lounge. I would be annoyed, but everytime something like this has happened to me, it has been my fault eg i wandered off without finding out what the boarding time would be. I wouldn't react by cancelling flights, seems silly to me as I would have only booked the airline and the flights I really wanted as far as times etc are concerned. Even if at fault I would have collared the manager, also had a quite word with the pilot and the CSD, I could have turned this around into a nice little earner
Thats exactly how I would handle it... Discreet complaints are more welcomed in such cases. I would have certainly had a quiet polite, yet firm word with the purser and questioned what could be done as I was upset and embarrassed to be met by the purser and pilot under such circumstances (BTW, never known the pilot to leave the cockpit and wait at the door for a late pax?)

Going off on any kind of rant and making threats never get you anywhere, anytime in such situations. Keeping your cool and playing nicely is a much better angle to play, IMO...

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Where did I go off on 'any kind of rant'?

When told I was responsible for the delay I told them I had not been told about boarding and that I was unhappy to being blamed for the delay. I then said that it was obvious Thai didn't want my business and that I would cancel my forward bookings, and I did know the value of those forward bookings so I informed them of that.

No rant. No tant. No raised voice. No DYKWIA.

And 2 pieces of luggage made it, just 1 was left behind in BKK.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by VH-RMD

When told I was responsible for the delay I told them I had not been told about boarding and that I was unhappy to being blamed for the delay. I then said that it was obvious Thai didn't want my business and that I would cancel my forward bookings, and I did know the value of those forward bookings so I informed them of that.

I think it was the assumption given the use of the word 'lacky', that you walked very slowly once you knew you were holding up the plane, and that you told everyone you would cancel your future business worth $12k.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:10 am

VH-RMD, fine, clearly no rant recorded.

Given your VERY slow walk and frustration, I assumed by the time you boarded, there were perhaps a few stern words with the purser and pilot given your threat to cancel various flights in substantial $$$.

How did the pilot respond, given he/she had left the cockpit?

Certainly, TG do not want to lose F rev over this incident and reassured you so? Or, I would hope that was the case! ^

Cheers,

Last edited by Airgroovin; Nov 17, 2012 at 4:29 am
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:29 am

when anyone tries to imply that I am at fault for their error, yes.

If you choose to be a doormat, all power to you.
i am pretty sure from your attitude that if you are sat on the delayed flight (now with the possibilty of missing a connection) that you would be the first on here jumping up and down about how shoddy service from TG is. Am I right?

In fact thinking about it I have sat on many an aircraft waiting for late pax and it really does piss me off, the fact the captain had finished his pre flight means you were very late, F or not I would have unloaded your butt and told you to stick your 12k there as well.

Last edited by ayeaway; Nov 18, 2012 at 2:34 pm
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

First Class BKK-MUC in B747, seat 1A - again was a great experience. Excellent service, personalised and attentive. Food was fresh, tasty and of excellent quality. All together: A good do-it-again experience.
From SKYTRAX

Why can't we have the B747 back from LHR-BKK-LHR.Seat 1A felt like my own private plane.

I don't care about the [redacted] passenger load in Y & J.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Dec 10, 2012 at 5:09 am Reason: Disrespectful epithet redacted.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by RICK69
First Class BKK-MUC in B747, seat 1A - again was a great experience. Excellent service, personalised and attentive. Food was fresh, tasty and of excellent quality. All together: A good do-it-again experience.
From SKYTRAX

Why can't we have the B747 back from LHR-BKK-LHR.Seat 1A felt like my own private plane.
Agreed, I have recently been 1A LHR-BKK (next to the galley and WC) but Thai can't sell enough Y seats to run the 747 which also has too few J seats. I would imagine the LHR-BKK is a very profitable route at the moment using the A340-600.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Mixed bag in my flight from BKK to FRA last night in F. 747 all series with the new 9 seats. Absolutely love the seats. Space, good length. Nice screen. So did Thai get me from A to B in comfort, yes. Was the experience as it should have been? Probably not.

SIN-BKK, in C. Old 333 with low quality hard product. Nothing to be surprised about for only a 2 hour flight. Interestingly at the gate my name was called to contact the ground staff. Seems my passport was not scanned at check in and they had to do it again.. A prelude or more.

Landing at BKK, no buggy. I was told my connecting gate (which was 4 hours later) and only when asking the ground staff again a buggy was called and came long after the last Y passenger had disembarked. The buggy driver wanted to bring me to a first lounge in the E pier where the Singapore flight arrived and the frankfurt flight would leave from while i preferred the main lounge.

On board the FRA flight i had the worst meal ever served to me by Thai in F. The veal was more sturdy than the soles of my shoes.. The parfait for desert was frozen solid.

I said i love the new seats, the only 2 things i dont like is that the entertainment system seems not very responsive to the buttons and there is a bright light at the bottom of each suite showing if the seat is in the upright position (green light) or if the pax turned on the DND function. (White light) these lights are indeed very bright especially in a dark cabin.

Landing in frankfurt, no premium services. Maybe this is new but they were always there to bring F pax to the baggage claim fast tracking imigration theough the crew late tract or the connecting terminal.

Hope my return flight next week is better..

Globalist
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:58 pm

With regards to the veal, did you tell the crew? I would have asked for another option, if it was that bad? I am certain the would have promptly obliged?

I hope you quaffed enough Dom to make up for it!

Cheers,

Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
With regards to the veal, did you tell the crew? I would have asked for another option, if it was that bad? I am certain the would have promptly obliged?

I hope you quaffed enough Dom to make up for it!

Cheers,

Hi AG,

I did mention it to the crew, they profusely apologized and I wrote some feedback on a comment card. Was too sleepy to ask for another option and not hungry enough. Later the purser also came by.

I had some good food in the lounge that thankfully created some foundation for the DOM.

Globalist
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Globalist
Hi AG,

I did mention it to the crew, they profusely apologized and I wrote some feedback on a comment card. Was too sleepy to ask for another option and not hungry enough. Later the purser also came by.

I had some good food in the lounge that thankfully created some foundation for the DOM.

Globalist
Excellent, Dom makes everything better!!! ^

What did you eat in the F Lounge?

Cheers,

Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Excellent, Dom makes everything better!!! ^

What did you eat in the F Lounge?

Cheers,

While I find your responses typical and unsurprising I can't help but agree with them.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
While I find your responses typical and unsurprising I can't help but agree with them.
Why, thank you very much.

Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.