Long haul F going downhill again ?

Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by daumueller
TG first class uses LH SEN lounge - which is the Designated *A f lounge but not the LH f lounge
Indeed, it is a business class lounge designated for *G and non-LH *A F pax.
More food and drinks than BKK TG J lounge, but crowded.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by hgp
Wow... that's dedication to miles when you go BKK/JFK via HKG, ZRH and FRA!

I wish I had the time for that sort of fun.
A great, but long, trip. I wish LX hadn't pulled F from *A award availability.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

God this is a wind-up & who cares after two years.

Lets get this thread back on topic.

Are TG serving DOM vintage 2002 or 2003 .
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by RICK69
God this is a wind-up & who cares after two years.

Lets get this thread back on topic.

Are TG serving DOM vintage 2002 or 2003 .
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
i will let you know in 2 weeks when my feet are up in the A380 and i am pouring it down my neck.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

In March 2013 had Dom 2002 & Veuve Cliqout Rose.LHR/BKK/LHR.

Dom 2003 very poor vintage indeed.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:09 am

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Last night BKK FRA 2003, not too flash but still had a few!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:35 am

Was on TG916 on the new F yesterday. One of the best flights ever. Crew were senior but all very pleasant and attentive without making you feel to uncomfortable.
3 in F and we finished 4-5 bottles of Dom 2003. Still tasted pretty good even if people say it's not the best vintage.

Mains are always a bit average if you ask me but the rest of meal was awesome. Service was top notch. Got white rimowa kits and blue pjs. Anyone know if rimowa kits are standard in long haul F now? I'd love to get another on the return from MUC. Anyone got Rimowas from MUC?

Was my wife's birthday and i told the crew after takeoff and they provided a nice surprise for her. A great deal of heart went in to it. Was really nice.

Really wish there was a buggy service at LHR. It was a looong walk.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Sqdoubter
3 in F and we finished 4-5 bottles of Dom 2003.
Obviously a bunch of tea-totalers.

Mains are always a bit average if you ask me but the rest of meal was awesome. Service was top notch. Got white rimowa kits and blue pjs. Anyone know if rimowa kits are standard in long haul F now? I'd love to get another on the return from MUC. Anyone got Rimowas from MUC?
My understanding is the Rimowa kit is only on A380 flights. They are not standard for long haul.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Was my wife's birthday and i told the crew after takeoff and they provided a nice surprise for her. A great deal of heart went in to it. Was really nice.
What was the surprise ?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:42 am

They prepared some nice thai desserts on a plate and wrote happy birthday with some sort of sauce, prepared a service trolley with makeshift decorations like orchids and flowers made from napkins which they stained with red wine for colour.
Brought a whole complement of cabin crew from J, total about 6 i think including the in flight supervisor. Sang a birthday song and topped it off with a bottle of you know what.
Service on this flight was above par with the inflight supervisor greeting us personally and telling us about the flight. She also came to each of us at the end together with the 2 F cabin crew to thank us again for choosing thai. There is definitely a very clear line drawn between J and F at TG and i enjoyed it tremendously.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:58 am
Suspended

On the flight to Munich they served caviar with garlic toast. Gross.

TG f service really ranges from the great to the awful.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
They prepared some nice thai desserts on a plate and wrote happy birthday with some sort of sauce, prepared a service trolley with makeshift decorations like orchids and flowers made from napkins which they stained with red wine for colour.
Brought a whole complement of cabin crew from J, total about 6 i think including the in flight supervisor. Sang a birthday song and topped it off with a bottle of you know what.
Service on this flight was above par with the inflight supervisor greeting us personally and telling us about the flight. She also came to each of us at the end together with the 2 F cabin crew to thank us again for choosing thai. There is definitely a very clear line drawn between J and F at TG and i enjoyed it tremendously.
Mr Sqdoubter , I don`t believe what you tell us your wife`s birthday party .

Just my opinion , don`t take it serious .
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by somkiat
Mr Sqdoubter , I don`t believe what you tell us your wife`s birthday party
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by RICK69
My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure what he's trying to say. I had a great time on board. If he doesn't believe it then too bad. I'd post pictures of it but i don't think its necessary. Its completely believable as it was special but not unreal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.