Search

So Many Time Changes on Thai!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
So Many Time Changes on Thai!

Hi everyone -

Just happen to surf to checkmytrip.com and noticed Thai once again changed my flight times (this is the 3rd time I think). Can I get your opinions?

These flights will be in middle-late November. We will be arriving from Siem Reap on PG 924 @ 1045.

Our new Thai flight is TG 745 @ 1215. Is this enough time to transit the airport?

Additionally our flight back to BKK from Krabi we moved from 1930 to 1650. We have a half day kayak tour that we really want to do. The last flight out is at 2035 on TG. We have a flight in the next morning to SIN at 0700. Think we should take the 1650 flight or think it is ok to take the 2035?

I appreciate all the input!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
As long as you get on the last flight out you should have no problem catching the 7:00 am flight.

The other flight I would be mire concerned about because PG will be point to point, I think, so you will have to clear customs and immigration, claim your checked luggage (if any), check-im at TG and clwar security.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MIT_SBM
As long as you get on the last flight out you should have no problem catching the 7:00 am flight.

The other flight I would be mire concerned about because PG will be point to point, I think, so you will have to clear customs and immigration, claim your checked luggage (if any), check-im at TG and clwar security.
I am fairly certain that TG and PG are interline partners - so I would be able to have our bags tagged for Krabi in Siem Reap.

Has anyone had experience with flights out of Krabi on TG? ie how often do they cancel?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: various
Krabi is an airport with Customs clearance facility, so as long as 90 minutes for the PG-TG switch meets Minimum Connection Time, they should be able to interline bags between Siem Reap and Krabi. The OP should be able to stay airside in BKK, get the TG boarding pass at the transfer desk, and then continue on to pass Immigration at the special area heading to the designated domestic airports (of which Krabi is one).

On the return, I'm overly cautious and would stick with the earlier flight. The last flight, as long as it's not cancelled, would normally be fine. But if for any reason something goes wrong, you have no fallback. "Up to You" as the Thais say.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Thats lots of time. I've done many 30 minute connections in BKK.
Stay airside, and you'll even have time to use the lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
the recent schedule changes are mainly related to the introduction of Thai Smiles on the Krabi route (and other routes such as Chiang Mai-Phuket and Bangkok-Hyderabad), where Thai Smile is going to replace the flights previously operated by Thai Airways (mainline).
They rebook you automatically but if you don't like the new flight you can always contact them and ask for an alternate new flight.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
the recent schedule changes are mainly related to the introduction of Thai Smiles on the Krabi route (and other routes such as Chiang Mai-Phuket and Bangkok-Hyderabad), where Thai Smile is going to replace the flights previously operated by Thai Airways (mainline).
They rebook you automatically but if you don't like the new flight you can always contact them and ask for an alternate new flight.
Yeah, they changed my BKK-URT flight in Dec from 7.30 to 12.20... luckily it works better for my schedule, but haven't even recieved an email or anything about it...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
but for the latest changes there is no substitution by Thai:
Samui as from 15.Jan2013 - the will stop the operation completely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.