Thai to Bangkok Airways - transfer at BKK

Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Thai to Bangkok Airways - transfer at BKK

We will be flying from Hong Kong to Bangkok on Thai and then transferring to a Bangkok Airways flight to Siem Reap. I have three questions: 1) Can I check our bags all the way through or do I need to claim them and check them in again ? (we have time). 2) Will TG issue a boarding pass for the BKK-REP sector and 3) Any suggestions on how to make the transfer experience less painful than usual there... Thanks...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Braniff
We will be flying from Hong Kong to Bangkok on Thai and then transferring to a Bangkok Airways flight to Siem Reap. I have three questions: 1) Can I check our bags all the way through or do I need to claim them and check them in again ? (we have time). 2) Will TG issue a boarding pass for the BKK-REP sector and 3) Any suggestions on how to make the transfer experience less painful than usual there... Thanks...
Another subject in need of a sticky:

1) Yes.

2) Maybe.

3) Hope you get a jetway near the C1/D1; which is completely out of your control.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Another subject in need of a sticky:

1) Yes.

2) Maybe.

3) Hope you....
re 2) issuance of boarding pass at HKG for BKK-REP-flight:
TG and PG have an agreement since long....many many years. It permits TG to issue boarding passes on connecting PG-flights if a) reservation in same booking file (PNR) and b) PG-segment in same ticket (sometimes also in different ticket, but TG must have access to the PG-sector-ticket.
If both given then you must simply INSIST upon check-in and the will do....
in fact it does work reciprocally and especially in USM it work fine with PG for issuance of connecting flights out of BKK by TG. But the other way around it seems to depend very much who (which company/staff) will perform the check-in process at the TG-station abroad...as TG normally has outsourced the check-in to other companies abroad....
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
re 2) issuance of boarding pass at HKG for BKK-REP-flight:
TG and PG have an agreement since long....many many years. It permits TG to issue boarding passes on connecting PG-flights if a) reservation in same booking file (PNR) and b) PG-segment in same ticket (sometimes also in different ticket, but TG must have access to the PG-sector-ticket.
If both given then you must simply INSIST upon check-in and the will do....
in fact it does work reciprocally and especially in USM it work fine with PG for issuance of connecting flights out of BKK by TG. But the other way around it seems to depend very much who (which company/staff) will perform the check-in process at the TG-station abroad...as TG normally has outsourced the check-in to other companies abroad....
Yes, there is an interline agreement in place and that is the basis of a through check. And yes TG uses contract staff in HKG (KA is their contractor). But no, you do not need to insist on a BP so long as you the bags through checked. What does it matter so long as you don't need to go street side in BKK?

As well, most TG-PG interlines involve separate tix.

Last edited by dsquared37; Apr 12, 2012 at 4:05 am
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Thank you all for the most useful info.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:45 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
And my 'traditional' comment (for TG-PG threads) - do not forget PG runs a 'lounge' in BKK that is accessible by all passengers on complimentary basis (internet, softs, snacks etc.). Enjoy!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Transfer Times for BKK-REP/REP-BKK

hi everyone -

I was wondering if anyone had any input for me. I bought 3 separate tickets:

Day 1
CNX-BKK TG111 14:55-16:05
BKK-REP PG907 17:55-18:55

Day 2
REP-BKK PG924 09:50-10:45
BKK-KBV TG743 12:05-13:25 (apparently was just rebooked on this one since original flight canceled)

My questions are:

I bought the Thai Airways legs and Bangkok Airways round trip all separate (3 transactions), so will our luggage be interlined?

Will I need to tell Thai Airways in Chiang Mai that I have a flight on Bangkok Airways and visa-versa in Siem Reap?

Are these connections times long enough to make it through customs/immigration? (If not I can get my BKK-KBV leg updated as I was rebooked unknowingly)

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stompey5

Day 1
CNX-BKK TG111 14:55-16:05
BKK-REP PG907 17:55-18:55

Day 2
REP-BKK PG924 09:50-10:45
BKK-KBV TG743 12:05-13:25 (apparently was just rebooked on this one since original flight canceled)

My questions are:

I bought the Thai Airways legs and Bangkok Airways round trip all separate (3 transactions), so will our luggage be interlined? Yes, there will be no problem with getting bags interlined.

Will I need to tell Thai Airways in Chiang Mai that I have a flight on Bangkok Airways and visa-versa in Siem Reap? You should have an itin with you for each of the segments because you'll be able to check in your bag all the way exCNX (and go through immigration in CNX) and on the way back go through transit immigration and customs in KBV.

Are these connections times long enough to make it through customs/immigration? (If not I can get my BKK-KBV leg updated as I was rebooked unknowingly)

You've got 80 minutes on the return which is currently the legal min due to runway work. You look to be good with your flights.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Do I need to go through Customs in BKK?

Hi, I have an almost identical itinerary with OP from HKG (Thai Airways) via BKK to SIEM REAP, (Bangkok Airways), may I ask if I need to clear Customs even though I do not need to claim my luggage in BKK?

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by So Pang
Hi, I have an almost identical itinerary with OP from HKG (Thai Airways) via BKK to SIEM REAP, (Bangkok Airways), may I ask if I need to clear Customs even though I do not need to claim my luggage in BKK?

Thanks.
So long as you can get your bags sent all the way through you won't need to go through immigration nor customs. You'll simply stay airside, go through transfer security and await your continuing flight to REP.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:19 pm

Thumbs up

So long as you can get your bags sent all the way through you won't need to go through immigration nor customs. You'll simply stay airside, go through transfer security and await your continuing flight to REP.
Thank you so much! This is such a relief to hear this! I was nervous at one point when reading thru the posts on the long lines going thru Customs!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by So Pang
Thank you so much! This is such a relief to hear this! I was nervous at one point when reading thru the posts on the long lines going thru Customs!
Just for clarification, there were long lines through immigration during the high-tourist season. Customs is, for the most part, a walk through with no delay.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:28 pm

Just for clarification, there were long lines through immigration during the high-tourist season. Customs is, for the most part, a walk through with no delay.
Great! since I do not need to worry about going thru immigration anymore, this is a good news!

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:05 am

I had a similar question to the ones above but with one more twist.

I am going IAD - LHR (UA) then LHR - BKK (TG) on one FF ticket.

I then need to purchase a separate ticket to go BKK - REP, possibly on Bangkok Air. You all have answered my question about bags interlining TG to PG, but do you think United will be able to book them all the way through since PG is not *A and they probably have no agreement with them?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by wernicki
I had a similar question to the ones above but with one more twist.

I am going IAD - LHR (UA) then LHR - BKK (TG) on one FF ticket.

I then need to purchase a separate ticket to go BKK - REP, possibly on Bangkok Air. You all have answered my question about bags interlining TG to PG, but do you think United will be able to book them all the way through since PG is not *A and they probably have no agreement with them?
Bangkok Airways has interline agreements with all major Airlines, I guess also UA. You should do a search! seems according site of Bangkok Airways is currently down: http://bangkokair.com/eng/pages/view/check-in-through

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.