Wiki Posts
Search

Thai to Bangkok Airways - transfer at BKK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
But if you would like to check baggage through from international TG onto international TG by PG it shouldn't be a problem while they won't do it any longer (since much longer than one year already) for a domestic PG-flight to Samui.
And yet 10 months ago we have a report above, post 50, of that exact situation happening. IOW, within the window of time you claim it no longer occurs.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TG HKT-BKK to CX BKK-HKG (sep. tickets)- baggage to final dest.?

In the past TG has been very good to check baggage to final destination despite on separate tickets. I'm considering an Avios redemption ticket BKK-BK on CX in business class but would also have to purchase a TG dom. flight HKT-BKK as my origin will be HKT (and before somebody points me to the direct KA flights HKT-HKG let me add that these are not available for my travel date).

I suppose I shouldn't expect any issues when showing my CX itinerary to the check-in agent at HKT and request my bag to be checked to HKG?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by dsquared37
And yet 10 months ago we have a report above, post 50, of that exact situation happening. IOW, within the window of time you claim it no longer occurs.
outdated! ......Because at that time nobody really knew about the distinction between international/international and international/domestic.
PG even advertises "no through check-in with seperate tickets" (regardless of destination) in LPQ airport but they finally did it - my own experience! And here in Germany TG permits through check-in onto international PG flights to REP even by seperate tkt
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

outdated! ......Because at that time nobody really knew about the distinction between international/international and international/domestic.
PG even advertises "no through check-in with seperate tickets" (regardless of destination) in LPQ airport but they finally did it - my own experience! And here in Germany TG permits through check-in onto international PG flights to REP even by seperate tkt
Let me get this straight.

You claim that the prohibition on interline has been going on for more than a year and then come back and claim the example posted 10 moths ago is outdated?

Precious.

Then, and this is the coup de grace, you claim that the TG (Int)-PG (Dom) is prohibited, and so can't ever happen, and then you claim that PG broke their own prohibitions. You don't get the irony do you.

And no, PG does not advertise "no through check-in with seperate [sic] tickets", they advertise no through checkin with separate tickets where the second isn't PG metal or codeshare. Big. Difference.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Let me get this straight.

You claim that the prohibition on interline has been going on for more than a year and then come back and claim the example posted 10 moths ago is outdated?

Precious.

Then, and this is the coup de grace, you claim that the TG (Int)-PG (Dom) is prohibited, and so can't ever happen, and then you claim that PG broke their own prohibitions. You don't get the irony do you.

And no, PG does not advertise "no through check-in with seperate [sic] tickets", they advertise no through checkin with separate tickets where the second isn't PG metal or codeshare. Big. Difference.
OK - maybe
my experience vs your logic!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:34 am

.dupe.

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Apr 7, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK - maybe
my experience vs your logic!
Not really. The problem is you pigeon hole yourself with these absolutes and then contradict yourself when stating you've had these absolutes waived or ignored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.