Wiki Posts
Search

Thai to Bangkok Airways - transfer at BKK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
A cynical person might conclude that the purpose of Bangkok Airways new policy is to "encourage" pax to book follow-on flights as PG codeshare flights. In other words, if I want to fly USM-BKK-Japan, then BKK-Japan better be on the codeshare route operated by Japan Airlines, rather than TG.
Considering I can't even force codeshares which I know to exist, on their website, leads me to think somethign else is at play.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Considering I can't even force codeshares which I know to exist, on their website, leads me to think somethign else is at play.
...and what could that be?
any conspiracy theory?
I have to admit that I do not know PG well as I do not very often fly with them
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
...and what could that be?
any conspiracy theory?
I have to admit that I do not know PG well as I do not very often fly with them
I ahve no idea really. But with all the PG codeshares out there I can't seem to book any on their website. None even come up on searches.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
PG to TG con in BKK on sep. ticket

Hallo

We have a booking with PG from USM to BKK on PG182 connecting to TG960 to ARN connecting to SK401 to CPH.

The PG booking and the TG/SK booking is on two different tickets, so as I understand the new rules from PG, we have to recheck our bags in BKK and clear security and immigration once Again in BKK?

We are flying Economy with PG, as there was no availability in Business and business with TG/SK. I'm OW SAPPHIRE (AB Gold), if it makes any difference.

We have around 4 h. in BKK to catch our connecting flight, so not a problem, just annoying if we have to recheck bags and clear immigration and security again

Thanks for any advice!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:46 pm

you do NOT have to clear immigration twice and the number of times you will go through security will also be the SAME! just pick up and check in bags is an additional task. 4 hours are for sure enough
Bag check through: Samui: check in international, immigration, security; Bangkok transit security
Bag not check through: Samui: check in domestic, security; Bangkok: pick up and check in bags, immigration, security
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Hallo

We have a booking with PG from USM to BKK on PG182 connecting to TG960 to ARN connecting to SK401 to CPH.

The PG booking and the TG/SK booking is on two different tickets, so as I understand the new rules from PG, we have to recheck our bags in BKK and clear security and immigration once Again in BKK?

We are flying Economy with PG, as there was no availability in Business and business with TG/SK. I'm OW SAPPHIRE (AB Gold), if it makes any difference.

We have around 4 h. in BKK to catch our connecting flight, so not a problem, just annoying if we have to recheck bags and clear immigration and security again

Thanks for any advice!
Your OW status is meaningless in this context as neither PG nor TG are in OW.

As you're flying TG J ex BKK your immigration time will be quick and painless and 4 hours is more than sufficient.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Correct. And this is still a hassle.

It's also interesting that the 'announcement' would allow through check on code shared flights. It doesn't specifically say pax needs to be ticketed as a code share but I've plenty of poorly worded PG announcements before.
it is not a question of code-share etc, it is purely a question of one ticket or seperate tickets....
PG and TG recommend 3 hrs for transferring at BKK if passengers are holding seperate tickets.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
it is not a question of code-share etc, it is purely a question of one ticket or seperate tickets....
PG and TG recommend 3 hrs for transferring at BKK if passengers are holding seperate tickets.
There is absolutely an allowance for a code-share on the second ticket.

Reread the announcement:

When passenger travel with two separate tickets, Bangkok Airways will no longer through-check bags to the end destinations on the secondary separate ticket,
through-check bags will only be done when the secondary separate ticket is to travel on the following criteria:
• Bangkok Airways’ operating flights (PGXXX) 3 digits
• Bangkok Airways’ codeshare marketing flights (PGXXXX) 4 digits

Where are you finding this 3 hr xfer time for separate tix?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:18 pm

In my understanding, there are in general NO minimum connection times for any connection on separate tickets and different airlines.
Such connection are at the risk of the individual passenger
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
In my understanding, there are in general NO minimum connection times for any connection on separate tickets and different airlines.
Such connection are at the risk of the individual passenger
That's my understanding as well. And the MCT for dom-int xfer (same ticket) is 75 min.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.

Where are you finding this 3 hr xfer time for separate tix?
This is on the announcement:

Please be advised that effective for travel on or after the 27th March 2016, passengers holding two separate tickets in connection with Bangkok Airways (PG) will no longer through check bags to the final destination. Passengers will need to pass immigration and customs to collect their baggage and check-in again at Bangkok. At least 3 hours connecting time is recommended.

Through check bags will only be done under the following conditions:
• All tickets issued by Bangkok Airways, Bangkok Airways operating flights.
• Bangkok Airways codeshare flights.
• Conjunction tickets issued with other airlines.
Of course it's basically washing their hands of any problems. And for those people who had booked sub-3 hour connections prior to this announcement (i.e. me) on separate tickets i'll be furious if I start seeing them wash hands of any problems caused.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
A code-share flight is usually always within one and the same ticket as the "mainline"-flight....as PG's codeshare-partners don't enjoy the privilege to offer "purely" domestic flight within Thailand they would always have to issue the PG-operated code-share (feeder-)flight in one and the same ticket which hey are issuing for their customers main-flight....
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A code-share flight is usually always within one and the same ticket as the "mainline"-flight....as PG's codeshare-partners don't enjoy the privilege to offer "purely" domestic flight within Thailand they would always have to issue the PG-operated code-share (feeder-)flight in one and the same ticket which hey are issuing for their customers main-flight....
What "usually always" occurs isn't relevant to PG's announcement. And there are international code shares in PG's system that bear no relationship to domestic segments.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:35 pm

International to Domestic at BKK on separate ticket

Hello,

My parents are coming from Guangzhou (on China Southern, CZ) and transiting in BKK to CEI (on Bangkok Airways), with 2.5 hours layover this November. These are on 2 separate tickets and I will suggest them to have only carry-on bags, which is no problem for them. Question is will they be able to go through the white signs and transit air-side in BKK to Bangkok Airways without going out to land side at BKK since they don't have checked bags? Or will Bangkok Airways make them go out to land side and check in like LCCs (Air Asia) require?

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wcaldog
Hello,

My parents are coming from Guangzhou (on China Southern, CZ) and transiting in BKK to CEI (on Bangkok Airways), with 2.5 hours layover this November. These are on 2 separate tickets and I will suggest them to have only carry-on bags, which is no problem for them. Question is will they be able to go through the white signs and transit air-side in BKK to Bangkok Airways without going out to land side at BKK since they don't have checked bags? Or will Bangkok Airways make them go out to land side and check in like LCCs (Air Asia) require?

Thanks
I see no reason why they couldn't go to the domestic transit desks at the A/B/C/D confluence and pick up their BPs to then proceed through transfer immigation/security and access to the domestic terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.