Am booked in F LHR-BKK first week of March 2013. It is now a 340-600 but I wonder about the chances that the 380 might be on this route by then.
None I suspect. BKK-FRA is supposed to be the first route and that's due to start in March 2013.
Quote: None I suspect. BKK-FRA is supposed to be the first route and that's due to start in March 2013.
...but I am sure it will be a very nice flight anyway....
you might be lucky and get the new config 747 though
Quote: you might be lucky and get the new config 747 though
How is that better/different than F on the 340?
Has it been recently announced by Thai that FRA would be getting the A380 only in March 2013?

I always thought that FRA would be served with the A380 from October 2012 onwards!!
Quote: How is that better/different than F on the 340?
They are in the process of refitting the really old 2x2 recliner-style F class 747s with the same suites that the A380s will have.

But according to this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-suites-6.html it is supposed to end up on BKK-MUC and BKK-FRA. But with TG you never know for sure until you are on the aircraft.
Quote: Has it been recently announced by Thai that FRA would be getting the A380 only in March 2013?

I always thought that FRA would be served with the A380 from October 2012 onwards!!
Definitely a very interesting point.....meanwhile at least it seems for sure that the A380 will not get into operation earlier than October 2012 and first on shorter regional routes such as HKG, SIN etc. for crew familiarization purposes (originally planned to be held from August till Oct already).
How did you learn about deployment on European longhaul routes from March 2013 only???????
UA.com is showing BKK-HKG with TG A380 from Oct 28th 2012
[QUOTE=glennaa11;18361848 it is supposed to end up on BKK-MUC and BKK-FRA. But with TG you never know for sure until you are on the aircraft.[/QUOTE]

I'm booked on SYD-BKK in Jan '13 and just got a change of metal to 747 All Series. This should be the newly refurbished planes. (fingers crossed!)
Quote: This should be the newly refurbished planes. (fingers crossed!)
Yup, Expertflyer shows TG472 with a 9 seat F cabin for a randomly picked date. ^
Quote: UA.com is showing BKK-HKG with TG A380 from Oct 28th 2012
As is KVS...TG600.

It also shows '380' on TG920 (FRA in 2013) but only when searching awards...not general availability so hard to tell when it starts.

EDIT: UA shows TG920 as A380 from either Dec 15 or 16 2012. It also seems to show zero award availability in C and F every day!
Quote: It also seems to show zero award availability in C and F every day!
Now that is a big surprise !
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for the refurbished 747 on the BKK-SYD route.

Thai will only refurbish 6 747s, but currently BKK-FRA, BKK-MUC, BKK-FCO, BKK-MAD and BKK-SYD are shown as being served on a refurbished 747.

So, something does not add up there, because you would need more than 6 aircraft to operate all these routes. Either the system assigned the new 74N to all possible routes or Thai decided to refurbish more than 6 planes (?).

BTW, I am booked on BKK-SYD-BKK myself, so if indeed the 74N was operated on this route, I would be more than happy, but it's not doable with only 6 refurbished aircraft.
Quote: I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for the refurbished 747 on the BKK-SYD route.

Thai will only refurbish 6 747s, but currently BKK-FRA, BKK-MUC, BKK-FCO, BKK-MAD and BKK-SYD are shown as being served on a refurbished 747.

So, something does not add up there, because you would need more than 6 aircraft to operate all these routes. Either the system assigned the new 74N to all possible routes or Thai decided to refurbish more than 6 planes (?).

BTW, I am booked on BKK-SYD-BKK myself, so if indeed the 74N was operated on this route, I would be more than happy, but it's not doable with only 6 refurbished aircraft.
I think at Thai they make a difference between "new" and "refurbished".... they have recently finished to "refurbish" six "old" aircraft with personal entertainment system in Economy Class and do now start to equip six other aircraft (previously deployed on Scandinavian routes with Premium Economy Class) with completely new seats in all three service classes, including 9 First Suites, new Business- and new Economy Class seats, which they brand as 747N(ew) and which show a common product with the A380 and B777 currently used on routes to PAR and FRA....thus at year end they might count totally 12 (in Economy Class) "refurbished" Jumbos .....