Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Direct copy of the first post by @pogonation.
Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. 01:00 am.

Facilities:
2 VIP Rooms
6 Private Corners
22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
Slumber Rooms
Shower Suites
Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
TG First Class Check-in Facility
Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

Departures in TG or *A F from BKK = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

*A F arrival connecting to TG C or *A C = no FCL access

1 guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
32 Seated Lounge Area
Healthy Snack
Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
2 Steam Rooms
2 Sauna Rooms
4 Shower Rooms
Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

Q: Is it possible to book the spa treatment in advance?

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.
Print Wikipost

Old May 19, 2012, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've never had a foot massage in the spa always choosing the neck/shoulder instead. Sometimes it's merely good, other times it's fantastic.
Once again, thank you for your advice, dsquared37. I am looking forward to it
Old May 28, 2012, 3:28 am
KRS

Is the spa generally busy in the morning? I will be booking an award which includes BKK-HKG in TG F but only the morning 08:00 flight is available for my dates. I wold like to get the massage in before departure, should I plan to be there when they open at 06:00?
Old May 28, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by KRS
Is the spa generally busy in the morning? I will be booking an award which includes BKK-HKG in TG F but only the morning 08:00 flight is available for my dates. I wold like to get the massage in before departure, should I plan to be there when they open at 06:00?
I had to look up where SVG is, must admit I am still none the wiser, Stavanger I will have to google later on, but to important topics, the lounge is busy all the time, I am amazed at how many are there when I arrive early some mornings, but you will get in. They will know what flight you are on and make sure you get to your plane on time. The First Class lounge massage and the breakfast you can order in the restaurant is brilliant and being someone who loves to read newspapers, I absolutely adore the array of world papers that this lounge has. Enjoy your First class experience in Bangkok, IMO, no other airline does it as well.
Old May 28, 2012, 4:49 pm
KRS

Thanks for that BKKROP ^
Looking forward to it indeed!
Old May 28, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
deleted

Last edited by apodo77; May 28, 2012 at 8:55 pm
Old May 29, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
AF@CDG does it better even though I prefer the TG F massage to the AF one.

Arriving in the morning in F from Europe and leaving in the afternoon in F to HKG, would it be OK to go to the F lounge for breakfast, then go through immigration and to the city and finally back early afternoon for a massage, refreshments and my HKG flight?
Old May 29, 2012, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ranskis
AF@CDG does it better even though I prefer the TG F massage to the AF one.

Arriving in the morning in F from Europe and leaving in the afternoon in F to HKG, would it be OK to go to the F lounge for breakfast, then go through immigration and to the city and finally back early afternoon for a massage, refreshments and my HKG flight?
This shouldn't be a problem although you potentially set yourself up to pay the departure tax.

Just note that the exit from the 3rd floor is a few meters before you get to the information desk adjacent to the transfer security point.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to be connecting at BKK tomorrow and will be able to take advantage of the TG F spa (60-90 minute treatment since I'm departing in TG F).

I have done the spa thing several times, but I haven't quite figured out where the two steam and sauna rooms are located.

I suspect they are integrated in the separate treatment rooms (I always seem to get the room with the large whirlpool, but once I had a room with a very large shower that appears to do something else besides spray water, but I didn't try all the buttons to find out).

Can anybody tell me how to arrange use of the steam facility? TIA.
Old May 31, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi, sounds to me as if you have been in it, but ask the lounge captain or the spa supervisor to book you in. There are two steam and 2 saunas. They have an interesting ginger and orange tea at the moment, I am addicted to it, enjoy your transit through Bangkok
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I just had a 60 minute oil massage today. I didn't ask about the steam since I'm returning from Bali, and yesterday I spent some time by the pool which left my skin a little tender. I'd jump out of a steam room like a screaming little girl. :-)

Next time for sure!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
This weekend, I am flying in from FCO on TG945 F, and departing 3 1/2 hours later to DPS on C (2 class aircraft). Here's what I gather from reading all of these posts. Any corrections are appreciated!

• I may have access to the F lounge and spa, but that is not guaranteed. Reading in other places, it seems that it is likely, but that I'll just have to ask nicely.
  • I will be picked up on a cart upon arrival and brought to the appropriate lounge.
  • If I want to access the F lounge, I will need to go through immigration, since it is in the domestic terminal. I may have to pay a departure tax for doing so.
  • The 3 1/2 hours may be enough time to access this terminal, go to the F lounge/spa, get a 1 hour massage, and head back for my departing flight.

Did I get this right? Should I stick with the C lounge in the international terminal and play it safe?

Thanks!

Enki
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by enki
This weekend, I am flying in from FCO on TG945 F, and departing 3 1/2 hours later to DPS on C (2 class aircraft). Here's what I gather from reading all of these posts. Any corrections are appreciated!

• I may have access to the F lounge and spa, but that is not guaranteed. Reading in other places, it seems that it is likely, but that I'll just have to ask nicely.
  • I will be picked up on a cart upon arrival and brought to the appropriate lounge.
  • If I want to access the F lounge, I will need to go through immigration, since it is in the domestic terminal. I may have to pay a departure tax for doing so.
  • The 3 1/2 hours may be enough time to access this terminal, go to the F lounge/spa, get a 1 hour massage, and head back for my departing flight.

Did I get this right? Should I stick with the C lounge in the international terminal and play it safe?

Thanks!

Enki
Okay, you will have F lounge access but the F lounge is in the International terminal, not domestic. Cart pickup is correct. You will only get the 30 minute massage. No need to use the J lounge.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by enki

• I may have access to the F lounge and spa, but that is not guaranteed. Reading in other places, it seems that it is likely, but that I'll just have to ask nicely. Guaranteed access to F lounge and you may get access to the F spa (varying reports on this).
  • I will be picked up on a cart upon arrival and brought to the appropriate lounge. Yup
  • If I want to access the F lounge, I will need to go through immigration, since it is in the domestic terminal. I may have to pay a departure tax for doing so. No you will not. The F lounge is an international lounge and your cart will drive you straight there from your arrival gate.
Plenty of time to enjoy the lounge and the spa although you will only get the 1 hour massage in the unlikely event that you get into the F Spa. Otherwise 30 minutes at the C spa.

Thanks!

Enki
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:03 am

I will be traveling on an award ticket:

DPS-BKK C arriving 7:25p

Leaving next day

BKK-SYD F departing 7:45a

I am going to spend the 12 hours in the transit area, and wondered if I can stay in the RFC lounge until they close at 1:00a? I can wander off for 4 hours - I have a Priority Pass so, maybe I can use a Louis' Tavern for a few hours? I would then return to RFC when they open.

Is this a feasible plan? Or, any other thoughts. Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Flyer Jon
I will be traveling on an award ticket:

DPS-BKK C arriving 7:25p

Leaving next day

BKK-SYD F departing 7:45a

I am going to spend the 12 hours in the transit area, and wondered if I can stay in the RFC lounge until they close at 1:00a? I can wander off for 4 hours - I have a Priority Pass so, maybe I can use a Louis' Tavern for a few hours? I would then return to RFC when they open.

Is this a feasible plan? Or, any other thoughts. Thanks
Potentially a faesible plan but WHY That is turning what should be a nice luxury, enjoyable journey into hell! If you want to be fresh for your flight to SYD the next day, go out, spend the evening in bangkok, maybe have a nice meal and get a massage, have a good nights sleep then get a nice shower and head to the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.