Does TG scan your card/BP at the lounge?

Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Does TG scan your card/BP at the lounge?

Haven't got my A3 Gold card yet, qualified for Silver and Gold together.

Thing is, they haven't updated the systems yet, so I plan to forge an A3 letter to enter the TG lounges in KUL, SIN and HKG. (Tried statement printout recently but was told to get a letter)

Will TG scan my BP and letter when I enter? Not the barcode scan, I mean the scanner/printer type of scanning.

If they do, what do they do with the scanned copy of the letter and BP?

Will they submit it to A3? Then I'll get into trouble..
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kais767
Thing is, they haven't updated the systems yet, so I plan to forge an A3 letter to enter the TG lounges in KUL, SIN and HKG.
Don't do this. Accessing a lounge is not worth committing an offence. There are paid lounges at all these airports and if lounge access is important to you, I would rather use these.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
... so I plan to forge an A3 letter to enter the TG lounges in KUL, SIN and HKG...
This is probably not a good idea...have you ever heard/read about asian jails...

Thing is, they haven't updated the systems yet, ..
OK - then you are not Gold yet and not entitled to access the lounges. Period.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:33 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
I agree. Better not to commit fraud!!

Just get a letter from your FF scheme... or give it a day or two until status updates. You don't need the card if the status is reflected on the BP ... although once the door dragon at an LH wanted to deny me entry to the lounge because my BP showed TG*P (needed to explain this is equal to *A Gold and get her to look up online).

Generally TG will scan your BP which clearly determines whether you're entitled to access. If status is taking a while to update, then I imagine a letter from your FF scheme would suffice.

Forging a letter? Not ethical, I'm afraid.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

Will they submit it to A3? Then I'll get into trouble..
Of course they will, that's how they bill other airlines for your visit.

Originally Posted by hgp

Just get a letter from your FF scheme... or give it a day or two until status updates. You don't need the card if the status is reflected on the BP ... although once the door dragon at an LH wanted to deny me entry to the lounge because my BP showed TG*P (needed to explain this is equal to *A Gold and get her to look up online).

Generally TG will scan your BP which clearly determines whether you're entitled to access. If status is taking a while to update, then I imagine a letter from your FF scheme would suffice.
At HKG, they need your *G card and photocopy your boarding pass 100% of the time, they won't scan.

That's why they put a photocopying machine right at the front desk.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 19, 2012 at 11:09 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
why don't you forge a F ticket then you don't have to worry about *G status

kidding...on a more serious note...15 yrs ago when I first quailified as ROP*G, I got TG HK to issue me a letter which stated me as TG*G and got me into SQ's lounge...
try push A3 to do that..there's no reason for a slow update when you have quailified...this is delay in benefits which you are entitled for...

or if you ask nicely on flyertalk, someone might guess you in...KUL/SIN/HKG won't be too hard to find *G members...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.