Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK First Class Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by BinSabai
depends how long you would like to enjoy the lounge and whether to get a massage.
upon arrival at the FC check in, you are within latest 10 minutes in the lounge.
regarding Taxi from Sukhumvit: entrance to expressway is close to Soi 1, from there it is about 20 minutes to the airport. traffic is light if you start before 0600, but then getting worse fast. From Sukhumvit Soi 19 odd numbers up faster to go via Ekamai/Rama 9; about 30 minutes if you start before 0600
Thank you! I'm actually at Swiss nei lert park. Is that closer or farther drive time?

Last edited by 1k-all-the-way; Nov 23, 2015 at 1:55 am
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: ROP Gold, Freccia Alata Gold, Top Bonus Gold, H Honours Diamond, Starwood Gold, SQ, NZ, QF
*G can also use the Eva Air lounge which is quite a walk from the main Royal Silk Lounge but worth the effort if you have time as the food and facilities are superior to those in the TG J lounges.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Jamesejc
*G can also use the Eva Air lounge which is quite a walk from the main Royal Silk Lounge but worth the effort if you have time as the food and facilities are superior to those in the TG J lounges.
Thanks. I have a first class ticket so assume Thai fc lounge is better.....
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Thank you! I'm actually at Swiss nei lert park. Is that closer or farther drive time?
a bit less predictable as there is no close entrance to Rama 9 bound expressway, but doable in 40 minutes if start before 0600
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:56 am

Thanks. I have a first class ticket so assume Thai fc lounge is better.....
yes definitely!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:31 am

yes definitely!
Thank you both!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Quote:

a bit less predictable as there is no close entrance to Rama 9 bound expressway, but doable in 40 minutes if start before 0600
I hate to oppose but actually just opposite the nai lert hotel is the "soi nai lert" that gets you to the expressway entrance besides soi1 in no time.

You'd have to cross the wireless road straight ahead though, however that shouldn't be much of an issue in the early morning time.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by boogey
I hate to oppose but actually just opposite the nai lert hotel is the "soi nai lert" that gets you to the expressway entrance besides soi1 in no time.

You'd have to cross the wireless road straight ahead though, however that shouldn't be much of an issue in the early morning time.
you got me with this one! bet many taxi drivers do not know...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:55 pm

you got me with this one! bet many taxi drivers do not know...
Worked like a charm. My taxi driver knew...just crossed over through an alley and we were freeway bound in about 2 minutes! Nice start to the cart ride at airport, nice massage and nice seat and cabin crew on the A380!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:28 pm

Worked like a charm. My taxi driver knew...just crossed over through an alley and we were freeway bound in about 2 minutes! Nice start to the cart ride at airport, nice massage and nice seat and cabin crew on the A380!
good to hear!^ taxi drivers and boogey know shortcuts in Bangkok better than me!
Old May 27, 2016, 3:58 pm

Hello 1K All the way,

I am booked on the morning flight to Tokyo the week after next. Like you, I will be coming from Sukhumvit (might be near Asoke, or could be at the Intercontinental near Ploenchit), but the scheduled departure time is now 7:35am.

Based on your experience back in November, would you think I have a chance for a full 60 minute massage, if I arrive at the First Class counter at 5:30am? No bags to check, and security and customs always goes quickly. According to the Thai airways website, the Spa opens at 6am. Every time I fly with Thai (usually in First), they always make sure I get to the aircraft just in time, like 20 minutes prior. Was that also your experience?

I am usually on the 4pm flight to HKG, but this trip has me going thru Tokyo, so just making my hotel checkout/taxi plans so as to minimize stress and maximize comfort!
Old May 28, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by SEAsianTravel
I am booked on the morning flight to Tokyo the week after next. Like you, I will be coming from Sukhumvit (might be near Asoke, or could be at the Intercontinental near Ploenchit), but the scheduled departure time is now 7:35am.

Based on your experience back in November, would you think I have a chance for a full 60 minute massage, if I arrive at the First Class counter at 5:30am?
Chiming in here with a couple of thoughts, hopefully others will follow:

The Spa must be used to this situation as it is likely a daily occurrence.

The TG FC checkin conter opens at 5am. I agree they are efficient and if you arrive at 5:30am you should be through before 6am. Sometimes they have taken my spa appointment at the check-in counter, other times I have booked it once I got to the lounge. There are a limited number of oil massage rooms (3 or 4 I believe) and other early departing F pax might be looking at the 6am time slots.

While the TG FC Spa experience is unique and among the best air travel ground experiences; at the end of the day it is just a 300 baht oil massage. Maybe I am jaded having done it many times, but I would not move heaven and earth to accommodate it.

My favorite part of the Spa experience is the steam room. It is located in the locker room in the back. A hot steam and cold shower is totally refreshing, especially before the massage when you have the time.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

SL
Old May 28, 2016, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SunLover
While the TG FC Spa experience is unique and among the best air travel ground experiences; at the end of the day it is just a 300 baht oil massage. Maybe I am jaded having done it many times, but I would not move heaven and earth to accommodate it.
+1

My last few visits, I've just done the foot massage . . . the 30 minute treatment is easier to fit in and you don't have to take your clothes off.

I will have to check out the steam room though.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:35 am

me too
my last 1 hour massage is probably already 3 years back but I had many 1/2 hour massage since then...
Old May 28, 2016, 11:27 am

Sun Lover - Done the 1 hour oil maybe 5 times. I am not the massage expert here, but it is so unique. Most have a hard time believing that included in the price of a ticket one can get a 1 hour full body oil massage, and then walk (or ride in golf cart) to gate after a quick shower. Hope Thai never thinks about doing away with this amenity.

Will try to remember to tell the agent to book me for my massage, and then I will remind the lounge representatives that I am ready. Of course, need to checkout from hotel a little early.

1K all-the-way, anything to add?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.