Search

KTM Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:10 am
wpj
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
KTM Lounge

Nice Lounge of Thai Airways in KTM, very surprised the other day while waiting from my flight to DEL with Jet Airways.

here some pics

Thai Executive Lounge Kathmandu
Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Hey!

The 'Executive Lounge' in the pictures is operated by the Radisson Hotel. The Thai ROP Lounge is on the right before you head to the stairs.

The Airport restaurant, on the left as you go to the top of those stairs, is actually a very good place to be if you have time to burn at the airport.

The Thai Lounge is not as large, but is good enough for a 30-40 minutes wait for the TG flight. It doesn't serve any other airline and is only open before the TG departures. No washrooms in the TG lounge though.

Hope you enjoyed KTM.

cheers!!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:52 am
wpj
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Ohhhh ! good to know ! thanks very much for the clarification will update my blog post as well.

enjoyed KTM very much ! great place to come back...

Originally Posted by RWY02KTM
Hey!

The 'Executive Lounge' in the pictures is operated by the Radisson Hotel. The Thai ROP Lounge is on the right before you head to the stairs.

The Airport restaurant, on the left as you go to the top of those stairs, is actually a very good place to be if you have time to burn at the airport.

The Thai Lounge is not as large, but is good enough for a 30-40 minutes wait for the TG flight. It doesn't serve any other airline and is only open before the TG departures. No washrooms in the TG lounge though.

Hope you enjoyed KTM.

cheers!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:28 pm

wpj-- I went to the site and couldn't find any pictures of the lounge. I did however, see pictures from the Hyatt Regency Kathmandu. Looks like a great trip! Would love to see more pictures and hear more about it, as my wife and I are heading out there in June. Didn't quite get the Presidential suite, but booked a suite for only 8K points. Incredible deal!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by travisair
wpj-- I went to the site and couldn't find any pictures of the lounge..... heading out there in June
I'll have pics in April.

Remind me as I'll likely forget.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:35 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
I only found a picture of the food in the lounge in my archive:

Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC
The link doesn't seem to work anymore. I just booked a KTM-BKK flight in C for next month - which side is the best to sit on for views of the mountains? 'A' side I guess?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shefgab
The link doesn't seem to work anymore. I just booked a KTM-BKK flight in C for next month - which side is the best to sit on for views of the mountains? 'A' side I guess?
Bump.

Which side for KTM-BKK?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Bump.

Which side for KTM-BKK?
Yes, A side.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'll have pics in April.

Remind me as I'll likely forget.
Glad to see this thread bumped. I've had a few things happen in the few days since returning that trumped getting pics together. I'll have them in a few days.

Originally Posted by Random Flyer
Yes, A side.
We took off to the south a few days ago and once turning east there was little visibility so even though A seats are the better bet, there's no guarantee.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Glad to see this thread bumped. I've had a few things happen in the few days since returning that trumped getting pics together. I'll have them in a few days.

We took off to the south a few days ago and once turning east there was little visibility so even though A seats are the better bet, there's no guarantee.
I've done TG320 perhaps a dozen times (though admittedly none very recently) and although the view is a distant one, I can't think of an occasion when the Himalayas were actually obscured. I think you were unlucky.

It's counterpart, TG319, is actually one of my favourite flights - a comfortable departure time, great morning views from the left side of the plane over the lush peaks and valleys of Thai/Burmese border area, followed by first Kanchenjunga and then Everest drifting into view on the other side, and culminating in an exciting approach to KTM where the rugged countyside comes up almost to meet you before falling away once more. And then you are at KTM and in another world. And it's on TG which is one of my favourite airlines.

AND you have a good chance of being offered a pretty decent Indian curry on TG319/320, if that floats your boat. (Look out for the second chipati run.)
Old May 7, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Photos from the KTM lounge can be seen here.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Yesterday I was admitted as a UA *G flying AI in Y. They seem to have all their wits about them. Surprisingly nice little lounge in KTM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.