TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Aircraft Interiors has just revealed TG's newest F suites, the suites are completely different to the A380 ones, the new suites are kinda similar to CX's and 9W's but with higher walls and without doors, their choice of material is much better than their A380 one. Can't wait till it is officially on the 747

Thai has definitely thought of this one through, I personally think that this is much better than SQ's and EK's
When I saw the images, my eyes were wide open (The shocked look)
Link to article:http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...d#/56e8bb6d/53

Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
I like this a lot! ^
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Cant wait to try them out
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Looks like they have got this right ^ interesting to see how long it takes to roll out :-:
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: CX DM, NH Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Plat
Pity the overhead bins are still there

Looks nice, but on the narrow side and a real shame they didnt remove the overhead bins like CX. Makes a huge difference.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Bewildered

I don't get it .
On which birds are they going to fit these seats first ?
On the 744 or the 747 currently being retrofit with new Y and C seats, and if the latter why not do it at the same time ?
Why is it that TG cannot have any consistency in its product offering. I like these new suites, but then how come they have chosen an inferior product for their flagship A 380's ?
I think I know the answer and it boils down to the proverbial TG mix of incompetence and corruption.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by NoY
Looks like they have got this right ^ interesting to see how long it takes to roll out :-:

I agree - these look very good indeed^^
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by pansted00
I don't get it .
On which birds are they going to fit these seats first ?
On the 744 or the 747 currently being retrofit with new Y and C seats, and if the latter why not do it at the same time ?
Why is it that TG cannot have any consistency in its product offering. I like these new suites, but then how come they have chosen an inferior product for their flagship A 380's ?
I think I know the answer and it boils down to the proverbial TG mix of incompetence and corruption.
Yes, TG's management is incompetent and corrupt - any Thai company that the politicians can get their hands on will always be (corrupted).

Now to answer your questions...

These new F seats will be fitted on the 6 newest 747 in the fleet - version 7442 - THAI calls them 747 all series - Biz & Y seats will also be retrofitted.

THAI has 12 of the so called "new F" (10 seats in F) - version 7443 - THAI uses 744. 6 of these will be retired (the 6 oldest). 6 are being retrofitted with new Y with IFE. I think the last one is due out by the end of the year. All should've been done by now, but the flooding of DMK airport delayed things.

Incompetence and corruption aside, I think it makes sense that they are not wasting money updating aircrafts that are going to be phased out. Why not do it at the same time? Well they need those birds to make money!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by kittiyut
Yes, TG's management is incompetent and corrupt - any Thai company that the politicians can get their hands on will always be (corrupted).

Now to answer your questions...

These new F seats will be fitted on the 6 newest 747 in the fleet - version 7442 - THAI calls them 747 all series - Biz & Y seats will also be retrofitted.

THAI has 12 of the so called "new F" (10 seats in F) - version 7443 - THAI uses 744. 6 of these will be retired (the 6 oldest). 6 are being retrofitted with new Y with IFE. I think the last one is due out by the end of the year. All should've been done by now, but the flooding of DMK airport delayed things.

Incompetence and corruption aside, I think it makes sense that they are not wasting money updating aircrafts that are going to be phased out. Why not do it at the same time? Well they need those birds to make money!
Looks great - I wonder what this will do to the F-sold-as-C-routes (e.g. ARN,CPH to BKK/HKT). THese flights are often full, so they can definitely sell a whole 747, but I doubt they will sell this new product as C.... ??
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:35 am

in which time frame they will do this?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Originally Posted by GreatDane
Looks great - I wonder what this will do to the F-sold-as-C-routes (e.g. ARN,CPH to BKK/HKT). THese flights are often full, so they can definitely sell a whole 747, but I doubt they will sell this new product as C.... ??
Maybe they will use the 7443 config once all the 7442's are refurbished in 2012? Would be nice, but not very likely. At least not until TG has received all the A380's. My best guess is that PE will be all gone and CPH/ARN will be a standard C/Y config served by a 772 or A330, maybe with increased frequency. Very unfortunately, considering the quality of the present soft product in C and PE from Scandinavia.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire
in which time frame they will do this?
In the next life.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
I find it amazing they still can't get a consistent business class product. They should have 2, and only 2. Longhaul (on all A380, 747, A340, B777) and shorthaul (domestic and flights under 3 hours in Asia).
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by travelislife
I find it amazing they still can't get a consistent business class product.
It's not exactly an unusual situation.

SQ has multiple J class products.
EK has multiple J class products.
QF has multiple J class products.

Very few airlines have a consistent J class product actually. BA is probably very close with Club World, save for a few 767s.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Very few airlines have a consistent J class product actually. BA is probably very close with Club World, save for a few 767s.
Not to forget those 318's from LCY.

I'd say Lufthansa is the only big carrier have a consistent business class - a mediocre seat in all aircraft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.