Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Pre-order meals in C - Royal Silk. Is this new?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-order meals in C - Royal Silk. Is this new?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by hgp
My choices, in no particular order:
* Pork In Green Curry (Pork Kiew Wan)
* Stir-fried Chicken With Garlic Chili And Basil (Chicken Hot Basil)
* Beef Massaman Curry With Rice (Beef Massaman)
They do all sound awesome! Have you actually ordered these, or just sound the best on the menu?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
They do all sound awesome! Have you actually ordered these, or just sound the best on the menu?

Cheers,

All these dishes are from Y.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Fan2502
All these dishes are from Y.
Huh? Am confused...?

Y? So why are they listed?

Cheers,

Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Huh? Am confused...?

Y? So why are they listed?

Cheers,

Sorry for the confusion....

TG serves all Y meals also in C & F. Slightly differnt presentation, but same food. The quoted dishes come up on the Y menu regularily.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fan2502
Sorry for the confusion....

TG serves all Y meals also in C & F. Slightly differnt presentation, but same food. The quoted dishes come up on the Y menu regularily.
In my experience, C menus have four entrees. The first two listed are special for C, the last two are Y entrees presented according to the C format. Of course the entree is just part of the meal. The appetizer, salad, dessert, fruit/cheese, etc. are all C and not Y items. As for F, I don't know being I don't have that much experience in TG F to know what entrees might be from C or Y.

The best meal I ever had on any TG flight was Salmon Phad Thai (not sure of what the exact name was on the menu - I should have made a note of it). That was on BKK-LAX in C. For me, I wish they'd have that as a choice for a pre-ordered C meal.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by A_Lee
In my experience, C menus have four entrees. The first two listed are special for C, the last two are Y entrees presented according to the C format. Of course the entree is just part of the meal. The appetizer, salad, dessert, fruit/cheese, etc. are all C and not Y items. As for F, I don't know being I don't have that much experience in TG F to know what entrees might be from C or Y.

The best meal I ever had on any TG flight was Salmon Phad Thai (not sure of what the exact name was on the menu - I should have made a note of it). That was on BKK-LAX in C. For me, I wish they'd have that as a choice for a pre-ordered C meal.
Well, I never knew that! Thankfully, I generally pick the top 2 choices!

Cheers,

Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
In my experience, C menus have four entrees. The first two listed are special for C, the last two are Y entrees presented according to the C format. .
I never knew that, but it makes sense
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by BKKROP
I never knew that, but it makes sense
I cannot guarantee that it's always the case, but one time out of curiosity I asked the FA which were the items from Y and she pointed to the last two items. So after that I made a habit of asking the same question, and in about 10 times, it's always been the last two items.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:14 pm

I cannot guarantee that it's always the case, but one time out of curiosity I asked the FA which were the items from Y and she pointed to the last two items. So after that I made a habit of asking the same question, and in about 10 times, it's always been the last two items.
I shall certainly check too!

Cheers,

Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:26 pm

I am booked in Royal Silk Class on 2/6/12 from SYD - BKK - LAX and when I login to "book my meal" it says No Special Meal under the Meal Preference with nothing else to click. Am I doing something wrong or are meals for preorder not available for February 2012 yet?

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Thank You.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by master029
I am booked in Royal Silk Class on 2/6/12 from SYD - BKK - LAX and when I login to "book my meal" it says No Special Meal under the Meal Preference with nothing else to click. Am I doing something wrong or are meals for preorder not available for February 2012 yet?

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Thank You.
It is only available ex-BKK and to Europe (based on my experience last month) currently.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:34 am

In my experience, C menus have four entrees. The first two listed are special for C, the last two are Y entrees presented according to the C format.
For completeness sake, I asked about the breakfast menu in C. Out of two flights which served breakfast, with three items total, in both cases the first choice was unique to C, while the last two were Y meals. Although the choice unique to C was an omelet with chicken sausage, the very same thing that's frequently available in Y.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
For completeness sake, I asked about the breakfast menu in C. Out of two flights which served breakfast, with three items total, in both cases the first choice was unique to C, while the last two were Y meals. Although the choice unique to C was an omelet with chicken sausage, the very same thing that's frequently available in Y.
Thx for your posts on this I'm now looking forward to scrutinizing the menu (an food) more closely on my upcoming flights. It should provide a little more fun to while away some of the 12 hours or so, Personally, I wish some of the dishes served to and from KTM could make it onto afuture enlarged list. I like that food better than anything I've ever had on any airline but I guess it's destined to remain on Nepal, Indian and perhaps Sri Lankan flights.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Does anyone know if the pre-booked meals are now available for BKK-LAX? Will be flying that route in March. Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It now says this service is available for all international flights out of BKK except for Penang...very excited to try it on my flight to CMB. If I see something I prefer on the menu, can I decline my pre-ordered menu? My guess is no, but just wanted to ask. Also, do the pre-ordered meals receive the same side dishes (appetizer, etc) like the main meals or do you forfeit all of that by pre-ordering an entree?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.